Halekulani Hotel
$365
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$239
$239
$216
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$204
  • Restaurant
$254
$209
2,677 results
All reviewshouse without a keyla merhouse befitting heavenlewers loungecoconut cakefour seasonswaikiki beachdiamond headroom checkunderstated eleganceocean frontpool servicefive star hotelhawaiian musicour honeymoonconcierge staffturn down service
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The staff of this hotel is what made my stay so enjoyable. Everyone anticipated how they could make my stay more pleasant and they all seemed to be in really happy. From looking at photos, I had the sense that the hotel might be a little dated, so I was happy to find my room perfectly maintained and the entire hotel kept in perfect shape. The food was very good with both tasty and healthy options. People watching at the hotel was fun with a lot of Japanese and Australian guests. The hotel doesn't have the wow-factor of some newer resorts, but this place is flawlessly run and so extremely pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Gandaratravels
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Halekulani favorites:
Beautiful pool; Understated elegance; quiet setting tucked away from the rest of Waikiki; proximity to Kalakaua; great staff; HWAK's dining; sunset drinks with hula and live Hawaiian music; free tours of Honolulu Museum of Art and Shangrila.

This is a compact gem amongst Waikiki giant resorts.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank wing49er
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We have just returned from a delightful five-night stay at the Halekulani with our three children, ages 14, 12 and 10. This hotel offers an absolute oasis of serenity in the middle of the hustle of Waikiki - while still providing easy access to all the action. Staff are super attentive and helpful, from the mini tour on arrival to familiarise guests with the facilities, to the server who appears poolside the moment you pick up the menu. Housekeeping was exceptional and there were lots of gorgeous little touches, such as the melt-in-the-mouth chocolates, the fresh fruit platter, the individually boxed seashells and signature bookmark, that appeared as if by magic in our rooms each day. If you have kids, take them to dinner one night at the Cheesecake Factory. The concierge will call ahead and save you half the wait-time on your arrival.

There were enough families staying in the hotel for us not to feel out of place… but no shrieking children in the pool, either. The Halekulani struck that perfect balance, with a mix of honeymooners, families and older couples.

The management and staff are utterly professional and the level of service, combined with the idyllic setting, make this a memorable place to stay.

Lastly: Pack your goggles or mask so you can appreciate the beauty of the coral and the sea life just metres away from the sandy beach in front of the hotel. And stop by to meet Angie, the wild bird the pool staff nursed back to health, and who now makes herself at home on their shoulders!

Room Tip: We had a partial ocean-view room (533) with an interconnecting vestibule to our children's room next door. This was ideal, as it offered more peace and privacy than the usual interconnecting door, while obviating the need to go into the hallway to move between rooms. Didn't feel we were missing out on anything - enjoyed beautiful vista of lawn, palms and pool, with good view of ocean as well.
Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank Chaylee K
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

“Halekulani Hotel was perfect heaven for my summer trip”, my grandchild said. It definitely was as he said. We spent 4 nights staying here during family summer vacation, and it was greatest time ever. The hotel staffs were pleasant, professional, and friendly with warm greeting “Aloha”. I remember to ask a staff to keep an eye on my baby grandchild for a moment while he was swimming, and she was very helpful, careful to him. I felt very satisfied with her enthusiasm; because in some hotels we have been, staffs gave a nod and left him alone. In detail, y room was spacious, comfortable with modern and luxury design. The impressive thing here was amazing sea view from private balcony. I spent time sipping a cup of tea when breathing wild air from the beach. It was absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank ggodoa
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Yes, Waikiki beach in my mind is the Vegas of the Islands. However, the Halekulani hotel, while being in the middle of the action, is relatively chill. We were there leading up to Easter weekend and we're not overrun by families with kids running wild. It's certainly not a mature persons hotel either, with lots of younger (mid 20s-30s) couples from across the Pacific. One thing that I did notice is just how noisy the area is. Not from parties in rooms etc, but helicopters over the water, police sirens, traffic etc and we had a beach front room. It brings me back to the Vegas thing.

The hotel, while older has been remodeled to the T. The rooms were some of the better appointed rooms I have experienced in a hotel. Heaps of storage in the bathroom for my wife's 'stuff' and a cool closet that opened with sliding doors both in the room and the bathroom. All in all, if you are looking for a little oasis, excellent service and very accommodating staff in the hustle and bustle of Honolulu, this is your place.

PS, if you are looking to rent halfway decent surf or paddle boards, there is a store directly over the road called Ty gurneys. Nice people but there equipment blows. I took my care 2 miles down the road to 'Go Bananas' and rented a Surftech board for a fraction of the price for 2 days.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple