The Halekulani is like no other hotel in Waikiki. The entire resort feels seculded from the typical hustle and bustle of Waikiki and the other hotels. This is the place to stay if you are looking for a luxurious, serene stay in Waikiki. We have vacationed on Oahu every year since 2002 and have stayed in almost all of the beachfront hotels. From now on, we will save the extra money to stay here every time. It's work the premium.
The hotel is Honolulu timeless luxury at its finest and has defied the trendy-luxury concept found at the Trump or Modern. It is not a Maui super-luxury resort with tons of family and children's programs.
The bell/ valet staff were attentive and prompt. Most imporantly though, they were professionals. They greeted us promptly, welcomed us to the hotel and escorted us to check-in and made us feel like our luggage was in good hands.
While check-in was is efficient , it is a little clunky. In theory, check-in is handled in the room which makes sense to reduce the time standing in line and waiting to get to the room. In practice though, I handed off my credit card, confirmed my dates, and really checked-in at reception. I expected to handle this entire transaction in the room, but instead the in-room check in is really more of a hotel orientation and the only check-in activity is signing the room charge receipt. It does give a good reason to send us up to the room with a member of the staff to point out the hotel and room amenities though.
We stayed in the lowest price "garden" room. We were on the 5th floor which boasts extended lanais. From what we could tell, there really is not a bad room in the house. We stayed here once before in a Diamond Head view room and were interested to see what a lower priced category offered, even the garden view rooms have a view of the ocean from the lanai. The room was huge and comfortable. Bath amenities are well appointed, and bed and linens are luxury quality
We were here on a dual purpose business/ leisure trip. The hotel accomodates both very well. Wi-fi is speedy and easy to access anywhere in the hotel. The Living Room offers a perfect place to slave away at work in an environment that is much more pleasing than an office.
The pool area is the daytime highlight of the hotel. The pool area is beautiful and lounge chairs are comfortable. My only issue during this stay is the pool service waiter kept coming through yelling "Drinks" like we were at a ballpark. Please Halekulani, a little re-training in luxury service
for your staff.
Some people complain about the adjacent beach. I think it is perfect for the size of the hotel. The sand is better, and the traffic is much less. If you don't like the size, DeRussey beach is a 5 minute walk to the right and the main Waikiki strip is 5 minutes to the left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu