“Beautiful view of Diamond Head”
Review of Halekulani Hotel

Halekulani Hotel
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was lovely. We had a suite. Compared to our suite at our next place to stay, it was ok. I was a little disappointed because the picture of the suite on the website showed a much more beautiful room then we entered.
It was nice to stay there once, but I'm not sure the room was worth what we spent to stay there.
There restaurants were ok, but extremely over priced.... I do not recommend the buffet breakfast because it is not worth what they charge.

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Halekulani Hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great central location but a couple of minutes away from the hoards. Wonderful service, clean rooms, friendly staff, nice buffet breakfast. Would recommend to anyone. No idea why anyone would rate less than excellent. We also hired a convertible Mustang from the hotel to drive around the island....good fun and would recommend. We had a partial ocean view room which was awesome. Not really sure why they call it partial view, as we could see the ocean extremely well.

Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Davidl50
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a 'Beyond Excellent' hotel. I travel the world and this is one of the few hotels where everything is right.

Pros:
1) Beautiful location
2) Beautiful rooms
3) Beautiful bar

Cons:
1) They should be more lax on security - everyday seeing these guys look at you suspiciously is draining

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarkA498
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Few words can communicate the incredible experience we had at Halekulani while on our honeymoon. It truly lives up to the meaning of the word 'Halekulani' -- House Befitting Heaven. The hotel is perfect. Clean, gorgeous and in walking distance to everything you'll want to see in Waikiki. The service -- especially Casey at the pool -- was impeccable, without being pretentious. And the mai tais were the best we had while in Hawaii. This hotel is really an oasis from the busy Waikiki scene. You can hardly tell you're in a city while on the resort. My husband and I love to travel and have visited many great hotels in the past -- Halekulani exceeds every hotel we've stayed at thus far. While it may be a while until we visit Hawaii again (we're from New York), I hope we're able to stay at Halekulani in the future.

2  Thank Melissa2424
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wow! you get what you pay for here. Before we left I thought the hotel was a bit pricey but the truly spoil you. We payed for a garden view room & were upgraded to an ocean view on the 14th floor. View was spectacular & you could hear the ocean from our lanai. The HWAK was the place to go for drinks at sunset & our lunch there was terrific as well. The concierge was spot on. Only thing that was over rated in my opinion was La Mer.

Room Tip: Get an Ocean view room
2  Thank crk60091
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very nice hotel on the beach, the rooms are all with a balcony which is excellent.

The restaurants and staff are really good, we had excellent meals whilst there.

It is a really good hotel but it doesn't have any character, just another 5 star hotel. I suppose I was expecting something a bit more special with our room as we had a diamond ocean view suite. Next time I would probably just get a normal room with sea views as they all have balconies.
I would stay there again for a night or two, but would want something more intimate and in a more relaxing setting for a longer vacation. Honolulu is very commercialised, if you love to shop and spend time on the beach with hundreds of other people it is for you!

2  Thank Gunda_10
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My new husband and I were on our honeymoon and stayed at the Halekulani for 5 nights and 6 days after a 3 day stay at The Wynn in Las Vegas. All I can say is WOW!!! Let me start off by saying that it is by far one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! Everything is so clean and fresh. The entire staff is very friendly and accommodating. The pool area is spotless! The pool staff is always on hand asking you if you need anything. My husband and I are not big drinkers but the drinks that were being made for other guests looked incredible! We ate lunch and breakfast at the House Without a Key several times. The buffet breakfast was very good and the turkey sandwich and burger for lunch was great! A couple of mornings we had breakfast on the lanai. They come in and set up everything for you on the lanai. Nothing like eating a romantic breakfast with your new husband while listening to the waves and enjoying the beautiful weather! This was my first trip to Hawaii and it will definitely not be my last! If I ever go back to Oahu, I will definitely be staying at the Halekulani! :)

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room with an ocean view!
1  Thank KellyU173