For many years I have been enjoying dining and drinking at this hotel. This year I decided on a "mini-vacation" over the Independence Day holiday, and booked an ocean view room.
At first I was a bit disappointed that I didn't have a view of Diamond Head, as the Sheraton Waikiki took up a huge amount of said view, but outside of that our experience was first rate! The room was large, sunny, and with a stunning view except as noted above. The bathroom was simply out of this world! It included a deep soaking tub, a separate shower with one of those huge rain shower heads, and a separate toilet. All the amenities were included in this bathroom, including a walk in closet through which you could walk into the room and from which you could enjoy the view (which unfortunately was completely the Sheraton Waikiki). The bed was extremely comfortable, comparable to any of the "heavenly beds" of other hotel brands. As I said, the room was very large, and you felt completely at ease with all that space. There was a big high-definition TV with loads of channels, phones all over the place (the bathroom, the toilet, by the bed, at the desk, etc.) and you felt that you always had lots of communication. There was free WiFi access, although we ended up not using it, not having brought the computer. There was a spacious lanai outside, where you would have plenty of room to eat, laze, enjoy the view, etc. In short, there was nothing lacking in this room.
Room service was quick and easy, and the servers went out of their way to tell you that service and gratuity were included. We ordered an early morning breakfast to be served at 6:00 a.m., and it was served ON THE DOT! The service ware was elegant and of the best quality.
The same elegance is found in the restaurants at the Halekulani. We ate at Orchids, which is their first-floor dining room, and it's excellent. The food, the service, the ambiance just couldn't be improved upon, except possibly at their La Mer restaurant on the second floor which is their top of the line dining room.
If I were forced to make any criticism, I would say that the walls seemed a bit thin, as we heard the next door neighbors shouting and screaming because of the holiday. Luckily, though, they didn't go on too late, and with the use of an earplug the noise was minimal.
The Halekulani spa is just what you'd imagine an elegant, first class spa to be. I went for a deep tissue massage, and it was given in a beautiful, well equipped room with soft music, lovely fragrances and a very expert masseur. I definitely recommend this place. It made my day and was just perfect. If you go to this facility, I would suggest you request Brian Ikeda as your massage therapist. He did his best to make me feel pampered and well taken care of. Superior in every way!
I know this is not a cheap place to stay, but it's certainly worth it. My highest recommendation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu