“Excellent Food”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #193 of 2,340 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Italian, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Inspired by Italian trattoria cuisine, culture, and conversation, Romano's Macaroni Grill has been proudly serving unforgettable meals that leave a lasting impression to our deserving guests since 1988 - with knowledge, care and Italian charisma infused in everything we do. At Romano's Macaroni Grill, we know that for our guests any night out is a big night out - and it is our responsibility and privilege to treat it as such. That's why we start every meal off right: With a bottle of wine at the center of the table, while you explore our menu of expertly handcrafted rustic dishes and Italian classics. Warm distinctive touches, like our signature honor system wine and bustling open kitchen, create a memorable, sensory experience that you'll remember long after you leave the table.
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great food, Awesome service, and killer Parm Fires. They do have a sign saying to like them on facebook, check in and them get 10% off your bill. We did just that, but no 10%, mention of it, or honor of it. Best food I had in Honolulu though!!

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
East Lansing, MI
“Evaluation of Restaurant Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

To be kind and at least humble. I have altered the name of the waiters/waitresses. This is my second visit to this restaurant this year in 2013. My first experience was back in late February. An acquaintance (classmate) worked there and I was craving Italian food. One Saturday evening, I stopped by because I knew she was working. It was very crowded and quite the expectation for Ala Moana known as the restaurant Mecca of the island. I waited approximately 45 minutes to be seated in her section. Which was fine, I had homework I was working on anyhow. I sat down in her section and waited about 5-10 minutes to be acknowledged. I looked over the menu and tried the Classic Trio Sampler. When the food arrived it looked very dark like it was overcooked. One out of the three tasted fine. The others were definitely overcooked.
My classmate gave me the attention that I wanted and or deserved and was appreciative of that. But the food I have to say is bland and definitely overcooked. Nothing appealing about the food.
I tipped my waitress 25% only because I knew she had multiple jobs and was working her way through college.

My last experience was on March 31, 2013 (Easter). Surprising that the restaurant was open. However, even the tourists have to eat somewhere too. Even though I am not one. It was not crowded in all and in fact very low turnout. But why the bad service? Did the waiter not why be there? Again, to protect his name I will call him Melvin. It took him about 5-10 minutes to at least acknowledge us. I had my family there (grandmother and father). We looked at the menus and decided what we wanted. It took another 5-10 minutes for him to come back to us. It was 7:10pm when we ordered our food, it was 7:50pm when we got our food. Again, the food looked discolored, bland, overcooked and not just right. Melvin was as the island custom "talking story" with other patrons in the restaurant. He even showed some emotion when he had to split the bill for customers for another table. I was monitoring his behavior throughout the evening. He only once checked up on us until the end. He was able to bring us boxes for our food which I plan on throwing out. Finally, he processed our check and we left at about 8:23pm. We were there a little over an hour. I wasn't the one paying this time around. However, need less to say it was very poor service and poor quality of food. I was surprised the manager didn't walk around and ask how the meal and or service was. By the way, definitely over priced.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ualjeff
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Poor management or bad policies?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I thought long and hard before writing this review. I'm hoping someone with a financial interest in this restaurant reads it. First of all, we really like the food and service at this restaurant. We patronize it regularly.

Twice in the last month or so, we arrived around 9:30 pm (posted closing time is 10 pm) on a Saturday night (they don't take reservatinos). The first time was a party of eight and the second, a party of 12. Although the restaurant was half empty (one whole section was closed), they would not seat us even after telling them they could seat us separately.

Four of us (two couples) went again this past Friday around 9:15 pm and they said it was a 45 minute wait. Again, half the restaurant was empty. Instead of waiting, we sat at the bar and ate and drank. The food and service was great.

Each couple spent over $70 each. I was sitting there thinking to myself that by not seating our group the last two times, it cost the restaurant over $700. Half of that would have been drinks, a high profit item. I'm sure we're not the only ones being turned away and I hope management rethinks their policy of closing entire sections well before closing time.

My recommendation would be to find some other restaurant for a late dinner.

• Visited March 2013
Pirae, null, French Polynesia
“Vert vert excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

À long Time That i havenet eat So Nice italian fond
High chair for babies And crayolla for drawing on the table with them

• Visited January 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Macaroni Grill Oahu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just back from Oahu. For 3 nights in a row ,myself ,son and daughter in law had dinner here. It was really good, the food and the service. My son visits Italy regularly and took us there. I had 3 diifferent dishes and they were all delicious. Only "fault" was some helpings were too large! We were looked after very well by the staff.

• Visited January 2013