“Time for a new place :/”

Cheeseburger Waikiki
Ranked #175 of 2,754 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my spot after work for happy hour. The service was great, the food was fast, and the coconut shrimp was great!

We come back for happy hour today to find that the name has changed to “Cheeseburger prime” along with our bartender manager AJ is now gone, this place flat out sucks. It seems like the entire staff has been replaced and the menu is completely different. Our new bartender tony is trying to play catch up, but this place isn’t going to see me or my girlfriend anymore.

So Long.

Also.... use plates, if I wanted to eat on a cutting board I’d go home smh

1  Thank 857adenl
Write a reviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When you're tired of mortgaging your house for a meal in Waikiki, this is your place to go. We ended up eating here twice for lunch on our vacation because as much as we loved the fancier places, we were ready for a break for both our wallets and our pallets. We had a mix of fish tacos and cheeseburgers and everything was delicious. The fries were really good. The service probably could have been better but it wasn't terrible and both of our waitresses were very nice. The location is great - amazing views of the ocean if you're near the window and it's right on Kalakaua so it makes it handy for shopping after.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went there last night, couldn’t fault them on the food, the only thing I couldn’t understand was taking my drink away before I finished it & gave me my next drink.

The “manager/lead waiter invited us back for breakfast as the menu was changing & told us to come back @ 8am. Arrived there just prior to be told not til 9am as the kitchen wasn’t ready and the food wouldn’t be up to standard....absolutely disgusting. Would not return there, as it only takes one inconvenience to not want to return on any future trips to Waikiki

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place saved the day for us! It was super hot and we couldn't seem to find anywhere around the Hilton area to watch a football game. Finally, we came to this place as my husband was a frequent visitor while in Hawaii previously and it totally lived up to his descriptions. The bartender Jeremy was good, the game was found and that is one of the best damn burgers I've ever had!

Reviewed September 8, 2019

We have enjoyed Cheeseburger Waikiki for several years as we live nearby. We knew many of the staff and have always enjoyed the food, atmosphere and friendly service. But things have changed. Different atmosphere and decor and the food quality on our visit was below par. It is the first time I have not enjoyed my dining experience. We were told by a staff member there is a change coming on September 16th. I hope it brings improvement. This is Cheeseburger Waikiki at 1945 Kalakaua, not to be confused with their other operations in Waikiki. Pictures on their website are old and do not represent how it looks today.