“Fantastic Thai Food”

Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Windham, Maine
“Fantastic Thai Food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here several times. The food and service are always excellent. A nice selection and centrally located. The Thai sticky rice ice cream dessert is to die for. It is always a pleasure to eat here when we are in Honolulu.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
“Very Good Thai Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Can't say that the food in Honolulu was outstanding, but this may have been our best meal. We were there for New Year's eve and the staff was great. Our waiter had been the bartender up until some authority closed their bar temporarily. He had great stories and was very humorous. Would have been glad to have him join our party. Food was very good, but not outstanding. Whole fish was very bland and expensive, would skip that. Soup (Tom Kah Kai) was excellent.

Visited December 2012
Fresno, California
“great food, a little work to warm the staff.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We've been to the Mililani one, thought it was fine. This was a more upscale version, in a location very accessible to Blaisdell or Ward Center, or Ala Moana.
Food choices were very good, easy menu layout. We chose the green papaya salad, which was delicious, though we wanted to kick up the heat just a touch. When we asked, a chili condiment tray was brought to us very pleasantly. The salad was plenty to share. We ordered Chicken Panang and the Thai Garlic with beef. I had a piece of beef that was a bit chewy, the rest was fine. I'm sure it's frozen beef, so if that's something you're sensitive to be forewarned. Both meals were delicious, the flavors were memorable, particularly the panang. All a la carte items are served w/o rice, so you need to order some.
Our waiter didn't introduce himself to start with, nor did he know the specials - had to check. I knew more by one quick reading of the sign. Once he was engaged a bit in conversation and we asked his name, he was good. I think this restaurant could soar if they did a little bit of staff training.

• Visited January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“One of my all-time favorite restaurants in Honolulu.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

When I lived out in Honolulu while going to school I had many favorite places for food, but Phuket Thai (specifically the one on Kamakee St) was one of the best. I recently returned to O'ahu and got a chance to stop by here and to my delight, found their great flavors have not changed. Some of my favorite dishes I personally recommend include the Satay Tofu with Peanut Sauce, their Pad Thai, and any of their curry dishes (I go nuts for their yellow curry). Phuket Thai has always put a smile on my face and been a treat for my taste buds which is why my fiancee and I would often go here for date night.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Cracky_Bear
stamford, ct
“Delicious Thai food in a pretty setting”
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

We were the only diners enjoying the balmy evening on the patio. The resturant is prettily decorated and well occupied. The food was delicious. My eggplant dish with chicken was very tasty and my guest loves the yellow curry with tofu. The menu had a very nice selection of Thai dishes.