“Best Happy Hour on Waikiki”

Yard House Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

First of all, I am a huge beer fan so going to the yard house just makes sense. with over 100 different unique beers on tap any beer fan is going to enjoy this place.
My favorite thing about the yard house is the amazing happy hour prices and the fact that any yard house you visit the food tastes the same, consistency is key and that's what you get here.
Happy hour pricing is the best on Waikiki, you can get 1/2 price pizzas (thai chicken is really good) the chicken nacho's will easily feed 2 ppl and fill you up (come with 2 scoops s cream and 1 guac) covered in chicken and chile sauce...very good. My fav would have to be the seared tuna sashimi, it's so good I keep going back for more.
Also, during happy beers are wonderfully priced - you can get the famed 1/2 yards for around $10 depending on the brand.
As for seating I would recommend the booths along the street as they are great for ppl watching, the patio at the front, or the bar. The bartenders are very friendly and know their beer and happy to provide samples for indecisive minds.
I make a point to visit the yard house in every city I visit and have to say it's on my favorite lists. great beer and consistently great food.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was a very busy place next to our hotel that we thought was burgers and beer. We were curious about the people waiting in line at dinner time and checked the menu. Much to our surprise they have a complete menu with a number of interesting seafood items. We ate there and were pleasantly surprised by the quality, presentation and taste of salad and seafood dishes. Some of the pairings of herbs and sauces were different, but provide amazing tastes.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Took a whole to sit but we got fed quickly. Nice appetisers and appreciate the skinny cocktails and key on the menu for healthier options. Would go back!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Probably the best burger I've ever had, and too many beers to choose from, a must if you are in Honolulu.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This restaurant is on Lewers St and it always had a crowd waiting to get in when we walked by, so we figured it must be good. The night we visited there was about a 30 minute wait. When our buzzer finally lit up we were hungry and ready to eat. Our really big problem that night was our table. I don't know why I accepted it. It was a moment of indecision that ruined the evening. The table or rather booth, was large enough to hold at least 6 people. It was located at the very back of the restaurant almost in an alcove, along with one other booth. It was really like a hallway right near the kitchen. It was separated from the main restaurant by a "half wall". I told my husband afterward that if we were ever offered such a bad table again and I didn't say something, would he please do it. We each ordered the classic ranch salad for $2.95. It was delicious! It had a nice selection of diced vegetables, the lettuce was really crisp and it was a good size. The pizza we ordered was ham and pineapple and cost $12.85. It was disappointing. It had a thin crust and seemed to be undercooked. The toppings were sparse. Not a good choice. The main feature of the Yard House is that they have an enormous number of different beers. Since we're non-drinkers I can't comment on that. The server was prompt and efficient. Will we go there again? I'm not sure. One thing I do know is that I would be very picky about where I was seated. Also, I would not order the pizza again.

Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hi Saxeygirl - While you are contemplating not returning, we are hoping you will reconsider. Please know we are happy to seat you where you feel most comfortable, and apologize this raised an issue of concern. We also wanted to apologize for the undercooked pizza you received. Our culinary team is being asked to review the recipes for these items to insure they are being followed. I know we can do a much better job and would welcome the opportunity to show you a better dining experience. When time allows, please email us at yhguest@yardhouse.com.