Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$169
$352
$325
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$179
$380
Priceline
$525
1,188 results
All reviewshospitality roomfoot spapineapplethe ala wai canalfood pantryfree breakfastabc storeminute walk to the beachhot tubper nightaffordable hoteltour deskyogurtstaff was very friendly and helpfulthe main dragwithin easy walking distancerestaurants and shops
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at the Sand Villa for one week. We were on the tenth floor with a canal view. The beach was within walking distance: 5 or 10 minutes, depending on the lights at the crosswalks. (Don't jaywalk in Waikiki; if you're caught, it's like a $150 fine.)

The staff was friendly, and everything was clean. The breakfast, as everyone on Tripadvisor mentions, was minimal, but since we knew that going into it, that wasn't a big deal. The beds in our room were definitely harder than we're used to, but not too hard to sleep. The pillows were very, very flat. I have some neck problems, so that was a bit of an issue for me. In the interest of fairness to the hotel, I did not ask the hotel if they had any better pillows. I had read a few reviews saying asking for that sort of thing was fruitless, so I didn't bother.

We had free wifi and had no trouble with connectivity. The valet parking was quick and professional.

Most nights were fairly quiet as far as street noise. A few times we were awoken by sirens or by noise from the bar downstairs. Generally, it wasn't much of an issue.

Because of the value, I would probably stay here again, but I would bring my Tempurpedic pillow.

Room Tip: This hotel does offer smoking rooms on the lower floors. If that bothers you, go for a higher room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Timanda W
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at the Sand Villa on 2 occasions during a recent trip. The staff were awesome, helpful, accommodating and treated me like family. If you want a friendly hotel, in a great location, value for money, safe, clean, bar open till 4am, good food, then I recommended the Sand Villa.
I never went down for breakfast (I don't get up for breakfast @ any hotel-I'm on holidays), but ate lunch and dinner at the restaurant numerous times. The staff at the bar were all friendly and provided great service and every item I ate from the menu was well cooked and of great quality.
As a single female traveller I felt safe at this hotel and walked the streets at the early hours.
All the rooms I stayed in were clean and provided all the facilities I required. Great value and I will be staying at the Sand Villa on every return trip to Oahu. The valet parking took the headache out of looking for parking and the valet staff promptly retrieved my car. Recommend this hotel to anyone for a truly ALOHA experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This place is good value for money if you are on a budget but want to be central. Close to the beach and close to lots of shopping and food options. Also very close to bus stops which was very good. Rooms were okay. Clean and tidy. Just the asbestos ceilings that weren't very nice and the sound proofing was a bit lacking. Also the message light on our phone didn't work so we didn't know when our sailing trip had been cancelled and still got up at 5am. Overall though it is a good value option for the location. We didn't really eat the breakfast because it was just toast, we got cereal and milk from a near by Food Pantry instead.

Room Tip: We were high up so had a resonable view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AbCole
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We took two of our grandchildren, ages 9 and 12, to Hawaii in June. It was their first trip to Hawaii. This was our fifth trip to Oahu. We stayed at the Waikiki Sand Villa on prior occasions but this time we got the suite with a kitchen overlooking the pool. The Sand Villa is not a fancy hotel. If that is what you want, there are plenty of choices in Waikiki but they will have a price tag to match. The Sand Villa is within walking distance to the International Market Place and Waikiki Beach. The room rate is hard to beat. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The lady at the the concierge desk has booked many excursions for us and she is wonderful. If you want to travel to Waikiki and not spend a fortune on a hotel room, this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have a corner balcony with a view of the Ala Wai Canal and Diamond Head.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank PDuarte87
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I got married in Honolulu a couple of months back. All of the younger people with less money stayed here and it was solid for the price. Location was great as we could make the walk to the beach in 8-10min. The bar was cheap (for Hawaii) with an interesting mix of locals who frequent it. Rooms weren't all that great, but who spends time in their room in Hawaii?

Odd part is having to insert your room key into this thing in your room for the electricity to turn on. Also, they seem to have an arrangement with a few of the other local budget hotels. If you book here, you might not actually be staying here. One group ended up being across the street and another group was a couple blocks over. They were comparable hotels, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Other than that, for $85 this isn't a bad option for those on a budget.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the canal side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends