“Great Location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Honolulu
Waikiki Central Hotel
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed February 10, 2007

Great location, close to every thing. The beach is one block away.
You can walk, trolley or bus to many site seeing places from this location.
The hotel was very clean and tidy. The kitchen was furnished with utensils, etc. We did cook one meal a day, so we could afford one expensive meal out a day. I did miss daily housekeeping service, it is hard to go on vacation and make your bed. BUT with what we saved over Hyatt prices we were able to do many expensive activities.
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Will go back to this hotel again. Aloooha

Stayed: February 2007
13  Thank klinker1

Reviewed February 6, 2007

I travel often and refer to TripAdvisor on a regular basis for places to stay. The positive reviews on this hotel were right on. I traveled to Waikiki on a whim. Never had been to Hawaii, so I rolled out on a free ticket and was looking for an affordable hotel with a good location for a 4 day stay. I couldn't have asked for more than this place for the price! It was a block and a half away from the beach! The hotel was clean and despite its age, it was well-maintained. Had a balcony (could see the beach from it) and a kitchenette. The staff was terrific. They were very helpful and cheerful. The $10/day to park is nothing if you've ever tried to park a car in other cities like NYC and LA... If you're on a budget, or you just don't mind foregoing the finest toiletries and room service, this place rocks. Only downside I'd say is that I've been pampered with too many super-plush beds at Westins and Doubletrees and the Prince bed just wasn't up to that level.

PS: This is my first review ever, if that tells you anything about how I feel about this place.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
17  Thank Benchnickel
Reviewed January 9, 2007

My wife and I just left Waikiki Prince after staying there for 11 days over New Years.(Dec.30th-Jan.10th) It is a great little hotel, excellent location(I could see Waikiki beach from my balcony). Rooms are fine, beds were comfy, kitchenette was good to have also.
For the price, you can't beat it, the Hyatt is the next block dowm, and I 'd rather stay at the Waikiki Prince. If your into being pampered...stay at the Hyatt, if not, stay at this little gem. you won't be dissappointed.

Mozah is the man!! We got there late on the 30th, and he had everything prepared for us. He is a very cool young man, who we were extremely impressed with. Helped us out on anything we asked for. He has a very bright future ahead of him.

So if you go, say Aloha to Mozah from us!

Mark & Lisa
Victoria,BC.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Da'Shark
Reviewed December 27, 2006

The location is excellent. Unlike some, I had no problems with noise whatsoever , The place is clean and safe. This is no four star hotel, but is a great value for the money. Adrian pater.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank notmuchifnotDutch
Reviewed December 19, 2006

my wife and i stayed from nov 28 to nov 30 2006,perfect location.Clean ,i give them a 10.Its basic but more than enough.I have pictures but just look at the one that the other travelers have posted, i have the same ones.Eric and joanna

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
9  Thank bossarmani
Reviewed December 15, 2006

My wife & I stayed at the Waikiki Prince for 8 days (Nov. 27/06 to Dec.5/06). What we enjoyed was the personal service they had for us and the tremendous help they were e.g. : where the buses ran, special deals (Circle Island Tour~HALF price!), special events, typical "tourist" questions that they never seemed to tire from, etc. etc..

Our room was clean, and had a TV, air conditioning, a complete set of utensils/plates/bowls/glasses/pots, a comfy bed (we had 2 in our room, yours might different), a stove, a sink a fridge, the ability to open the windows in such a way that we had a cross breeze coming through. It wasn't huge but was certainly ample. We didn't hear anyone else (voices through the walls) and all this for a very reasonable price and 1 minute from a convenience store and 2 minutes from the beach.

We didn't have a phone in our room, but we knew that going in. In fact, I appreciated being away from a phone for my holiday. If I did need a phone, one was made available to us (all hotel guests) for free!

One more thing...my wife and I felt safe saying there.

I encourage anyone who is looking to stay in Honolulu and would like to save some money to stay at the Waikiki Prince. Would we stay there again? You bet your beach towel we would!

Aloha & Happy Holidays...

John & Lona

Stayed: November 2006
9  Thank JohnnyBeeGood
Reviewed November 24, 2006

The Waikiki Prince hotel is a nice basic hotel, efficiently run by a dedicated and friendly staff. It does not have a restaurant, but so what? You are surrounded by them. It does not have a swimming pool, but so what? The beach is five minutes away, and only if you walk reaaaaaaally slowly, otherwise less. It does not have a gift shop, but so what? You can find them every few steps.

I just stayed two weeks there, while I was looking for an apartment to rent permanently, and I enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and the help from the staff. I read other reviews where people complain about street noise and what not, and I was not bothered by any.

At half the price of any of the heavily promoted chain hotels, it is a very good deal if you care more about the room where you are staying than the stars of the resident chef and if you are not interested in feeling pampered only because you overpaid heavily.

And it is centrally located in Waikiki, so you don't feel like you are out in the boonies. In a nutshell, worth staying there.

11  Thank NoEasyTraveller