“2nd time staying at this hotel”

Pacific Beach Hotel
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 1, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the second time. We stayed for 7 nights. Both of the times they upgraded us to one of the oceanfront rooms. Try asking for the ones on the corners of the front view b/c the rooms are larger than the other rooms. It's right across the street from the beach and views from our room were spectacular. We enjoyed great sunsets. Room service is great too. Our room was always clean when we got back in the afternoons. They also have great restaurants. We ate at Neptune’s Garden our first night and they have the best seafood with a great view of the oceanarium, great service and you can watch a diver feed all the fish, I think they have 2 feeding times a day. My only concern was it’s a little loud at night so you can’t really sleep with the windows open but I still think that Pacific beach gives you a great deal for your money. I would highly recommend staying there.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Pacific Beach Hotel

Jonesville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2005

we were at the pacific beach from june 17-24.
we thought the hotel was nice and worth the money.

i saw alot of reviews about the smell from the lobby but we didnt think
it was bad at all. the only time we smelled it was when the nightly buffet
was out , so it was probly the seafood and not the fish tank.

all in all this hotel was very nice, but we will probly never go back
to Honolulu again to dang crowded.

we spent the week before in Maui june 10-17 and we thought it was
1000 times better.

maui is more laid back and relaxing, if thahts what you want Maui is it.
If you want a very large crowd and very crowed beaches and long waits
at restaurants then Honolulu is for you and you will like it.

but not for us. Maui yes. Honolulu NO.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2005

We recently spent 7 nights at the Pacific Beach Hotel June 2005. Myself, husband and 18 yr old son.. This was the most perfect location for the price. We got an oceanfront room for 184 including 2 buffet breakfast. The carpet was worn and had a stain but other than that it was Perfect. It was oceanfront on Waikiki in the middle of everything, a McDonalds on the cornere, Jack in the box and Cheeseburger in Paradise. All shopping was within walking distance, Dukes was walkable. They lit the tiki torches each night and you could hear the hawaiian musici from your balcony

The most impressive thing was we never had to ask for anything. They supplied extra pillows and towels without even asking. The staff was pleasant, The elevators were fine unless kids were playing with them. For the money and location I would definitely stay here again its beautiful and allows for more money to spend elsewhere.

McDonough Ga

8  Thank CruiseNPlay
Reviewed June 18, 2005

We stayed at the Pacific Beach Hotel from June 1st, 2005 to June 4th, 2005. While the Pacific Beach is an older hotel (looks like it was built in the 60s) the hotel is in good shape. The hotel is located on the east-end of Waikiki, right across from Waikiki Beach.

The hotel has plenty of parking and costs approximately $12.50 per day. This is about average for Waikiki.

The rooms were large! The bathroom is a bit odd, it is divded into two sections - an open powder area (sink + mirror) and the bathing area (toilet + bathtub). The bathing area is the enclosed section... and is very tiny. They should of just enclosed the whole bathroom area to make it more spacious.

We had a partial beach view room and the view was decent. A couple of buildings to the left and right blocked the view somewhat but it was still a nice view. Each floor also has a shared balcony which anyone can use which has a better view of the beach.

In anycase it's a great hotel... if you can get it for a cheap price.

P.S. Seems like the Pacific Beach is implementing a pay-safe. I believe after they finish installing their electronic room safes, it'll cost 3.00 per day to use.

14  Thank coolspot18
Reviewed June 6, 2005

Hey,

My wife and me arrived at the hotel and were greeted by very nice professional bellhops, if that is what they still call them, but what I thought was nice is the fact, by the time I parked our rent-a-car in the garage, they already had our bags in the room. That is good service. The maids were very kind to us and simled a lot. I tipped them every morning, so that might have helped. We didn't eat at the restaurant there, so I can't comment on the food in the hotel. The ocean view I requested was just particle view. That is ok. The bed was excellent! It was firm. I needed to check the manufacturer, which was Serta. We both got a great night sleep and for me this is very important on a vacation. Who wants to sleep on a old bedding. The hotel is one block over from a great place-Waikiki beach. It is not too much trouble walking a little ways, unless you need to stay on the beach.

If you are expecting this hotel to be better then a Holiday Inn (type) then look else where, but if you seeking a good value for your money then you will not need to look in further. I knew what to expect from this hotel because of this great website. We were not disappointed in the hotel. I would stay there again! I hope this helps you in anyway. Have a great vacation.

• Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank Steverams
Portland, OR
Reviewed May 18, 2005

This was our first visit to Hawaii and the location of the Pacific Beach hotel was FANTASTIC. Just cross the street and you are on the beach! Its also close to several great restaurants and shopping. So you are right in the middle of all the action. The lobby is really neat too with a 3 story aquarium. And although I must admit I was a little concerned after reading different reviews of this hotel, our room (on the 10th floor) was quite nice, clean and had an excellent partial ocean view. Though that's not to say that the hotel is not in need of some renovation, as it does seem quite old and could do with some sprucing up. But if you are looking for location, this place is it!!

• Stayed: May 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed May 9, 2005

We have stayed at Pacific Beach on a few occasions during our numerous vacations in Hawaii through the years. During our stay last year we were rather disappointed with the condition of the hotel. We felt the hotel to be rather "old" and "rundown" from our previous stays. Hotel needs to undergo major updating, renovating and cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2004