“excellent view”

Pacific Beach Hotel
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The wife and I stayed in an ocean front room on the upper levels. had the most amazing view of waikiki beach and the surfers. room was large enough. located a short walk into the busy shopping area of waikiki. self parking was painless and everybody was very friendly. spa was a bit out dated and didnt have a lot of what was advertised on their website.

Room Tip: ocean front upper level upgrade is a must
1  Thank ColesyOZ
PacBeach H, Guest Experience Manager at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Aloha ColesyOZ,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed the fantastic view of the Pacific Ocean from our Ocean Front room. Our guests can use their room key to go in and out from the self-parking garage and it is very convenient. Thanks so much for staying with us all the way from Australia and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Pacific Beach Hotel

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I'm a kama'aiana and have stayed at majority of the hotels in Waikiki. The reason why I keep going back to the Pacific Beach Hotel is each employee from the front desk to the valet to the housekeepers to the maintenance staff convey the true aloha spirit. No gimmicks, no glossy modern distractions. Just truly excellent service :) Which is why this local returns every year.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
PacBeach H, Guest Experience Manager at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Aloha Keo N,

Thanks so much for the tremendous 5-star review! Our team is so happy to hear your comments. Thanks for the loyalty. We love to have you as a repeated kama'aina guest. When you come to Waikiki next time, don't forget to visit us! We cannot wait to see you soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I satyed at the Pacific Beach Hotel for 6 nights for our romantic getaway to Hawaii and our stay at this hotel was fantastic! We stayed in an Oceanview and the view was amazing!

The staff was friend, knowledgeable, and helpful. The room was clean, well-kept throughout our stay, and the bed was very comfortable. Sure you could say the room was a bit dated, but if you are coming to Hawaii, most of your time should be spent outside! Another perk was the hotel has filtered water stations throughout the hotel, which was great for filling up our water bottles and staying hydrated.

This hotel has a great location, right accross from the beach, with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby.

As some reviews noted, there is a bit of noise, but this is just basic street traffic such as busses and the occasional ambulance siren going to rescue some surfer who face planted into a rock or something. It wasn't enough to disturb me and many hotels would have this same noise.

All in all this was a great hotel, provided a comfortable nights rest for our Hawaii adventure.

Room Tip: If you want to pay a bit more for a view, it is well worth it. Request either an ocean front or ocea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
PacBeach H, Guest Experience Manager at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Aloha Jason F,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. Our team is very delighted to hear your comments and we appreciate your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed the eco-friendly water bottle which is refillable at purified water stations throughout the hotel. Our hotel was awarded by the Waikiki Improvement Association for the eco-friendly guest water bottle program which eliminates an estimated 350,000 bottles per year from ending up in a landfill. Thank you for staying with us and we cannot wait to have you back next time soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great stay. Fantastic Brunch next to the largest private Aquarium that I we have ever scene Full of reef fish that you see in local waters. Walk across the street to the beach and park. Walk to every thing we wanted shopping and food. Short city bus trip to Diamond Head cost only $2.50 both ways.

Aloha Collin N,

Thanks so much for the wonderful 5-star review and staying with us on your first trip to Hawaii! I am pleased to hear that you had a fantastic brunch at our award-winning Oceanarium Restaurant which has three-story 280,000 gallon indoor aquarium. We also have mermaid shows at 5pm and 9pm every day. Come back again and enjoy the dinner next time. We’ll see you soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hi we have just come back from a week staying at the Pacific Beach Hotel in Waikiki.

I bought the hotel stay though Groupon and from some of the write ups that I read on tripadvisor ... I was expecting it to be a noisy dive.

To my surprise, it was awesome. We were given a beautiful room in the beach tower (facing the beach) on the 17th floor. That's the top floor in the ocean facing wing (the hotel has two towers city facing side and the beach facing side).

Being on the top floor was great since it was away from most of the street noise and the 24 hour gym that some of the other people on tripadvisor wrote about. (FYI - The 24 hour gym is located on the 5th floor and I was worried that we would be up all night with noise but it was not a problem at all.)

Our room 1723 was incredible. Nice and clean with a mini fridge and microwave. I brought a hot plate so we could cook up our own breakfast in the morning (both to help save money and get us out and about earlier). It turned out to be a great idea and I'm glad I bothered to do that in the end.

Being right on the beach, we'd pop down for a swim or a walk and then pop back into our room for lunch and pre-dinner drinks. We did a few day trips to the North Shore and Hanauma Bay but the best part was being able to come home to our hotel and our great room. Our view honestly was far better than the view of any of the bars restaurants so we really took advantage of that. The outside deck facing the ocean is if I'm honest where I spent most of my time sitting and reading my book. I was after a VERY low key holiday and having been to Hawaii before - doing nothing was high on my agenda! I just wanted to relax, walk, swim, read...and have some very restful sleeps. Be away from the busyness of my life at home with the kids.

If you are going to Honolulu, definitely check out The Pacific Beach Hotel.

If you want a really quiet and relaxing holiday and room like I did, I recommend that you call the hotel before you arrive to ask for a beach-tower/beach-facing room; on one of the highest floors possible.

Room Tip: Beach Tower is a must. If you want a really quiet and relaxing holiday and room like I did, I recom...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancie W

Aloha Nancie W,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us on TripAdvisor and rating us 5-stars. Hope you are doing well in Canada. I am very happy to hear that you had an awesome stay with us. The view of Pacific Ocean from our Ocean Front rooms is spectacular and I am glad that you enjoyed it. Please think of us as part of our ohana and come back again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Pacific Beach Hotel is a wonderful property located in the heart of Waikiki. I have stayed in a dozen properties in the Waikiki area while leading a group of 150 + travelers from the mainland. The Pac Beach is at the top of the list for location, food, service and value. They will take care of every need!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank EMD007
PacBeach H, Guest Experience Manager at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Aloha EMD007,

What a wonderful 5-star review! Our team is thrilled to hear your praises. Please let us know when your group is coming back. We think of you and your group as part of our ohana (Hawaiian family) so come again soon! Take care!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had a hard time finding this hotel as it is located on Liliuokalani Street but my GPS did not locate that. After a couple of times looping on Kalakaua and Kuhio I was able to locate the hotel. When I drove to the valet area it was very slow moving. When I finally made my way to the front I was told that they were full and that i could self park. I noticed that there were people dressed in formal wear. I later learned that Castle HIgh School was having their Prom there that evening. I thought to myself, I am in for it with large parties and noise. After returning to the hotel (following my dinner at Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurant) to my surprise, it was quiet and it seemed as if everything was under control. The furniture was a little dated, but for the time I spent in the room, it was perfect. I will plan on staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerald F

Aloha Gerald F,

Thanks so much for rating us 5-stars! I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be perfect for your stay. When you come back next time, you now know where we are. Please visit us anytime!