“First time to Hawaii”

Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great stay. Fantastic Brunch next to the largest private Aquarium that I we have ever scene Full of reef fish that you see in local waters. Walk across the street to the beach and park. Walk to every thing we wanted shopping and food. Short city bus trip to Diamond Head cost only $2.50 both ways.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
PacBeach H, Guest Experience Manager at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Aloha Collin N,

Thanks so much for the wonderful 5-star review and staying with us on your first trip to Hawaii! I am pleased to hear that you had a fantastic brunch at our award-winning Oceanarium Restaurant which has three-story 280,000 gallon indoor aquarium. We also have mermaid shows at 5pm and 9pm every day. Come back again and enjoy the dinner next time. We’ll see you soon.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,481)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hi we have just come back from a week staying at the Pacific Beach Hotel in Waikiki.

I bought the hotel stay though Groupon and from some of the write ups that I read on tripadvisor ... I was expecting it to be a noisy dive.

To my surprise, it was awesome. We were given a beautiful room in the beach tower (facing the beach) on the 17th floor. That's the top floor in the ocean facing wing (the hotel has two towers city facing side and the beach facing side).

Being on the top floor was great since it was away from most of the street noise and the 24 hour gym that some of the other people on tripadvisor wrote about. (FYI - The 24 hour gym is located on the 5th floor and I was worried that we would be up all night with noise but it was not a problem at all.)

Our room 1723 was incredible. Nice and clean with a mini fridge and microwave. I brought a hot plate so we could cook up our own breakfast in the morning (both to help save money and get us out and about earlier). It turned out to be a great idea and I'm glad I bothered to do that in the end.

Being right on the beach, we'd pop down for a swim or a walk and then pop back into our room for lunch and pre-dinner drinks. We did a few day trips to the North Shore and Hanauma Bay but the best part was being able to come home to our hotel and our great room. Our view honestly was far better than the view of any of the bars restaurants so we really took advantage of that. The outside deck facing the ocean is if I'm honest where I spent most of my time sitting and reading my book. I was after a VERY low key holiday and having been to Hawaii before - doing nothing was high on my agenda! I just wanted to relax, walk, swim, read...and have some very restful sleeps. Be away from the busyness of my life at home with the kids.

If you are going to Honolulu, definitely check out The Pacific Beach Hotel.

If you want a really quiet and relaxing holiday and room like I did, I recommend that you call the hotel before you arrive to ask for a beach-tower/beach-facing room; on one of the highest floors possible.

Room Tip: Beach Tower is a must. If you want a really quiet and relaxing holiday and room like I did, I recom...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancie W

Aloha Nancie W,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us on TripAdvisor and rating us 5-stars. Hope you are doing well in Canada. I am very happy to hear that you had an awesome stay with us. The view of Pacific Ocean from our Ocean Front rooms is spectacular and I am glad that you enjoyed it. Please think of us as part of our ohana and come back again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Pacific Beach Hotel is a wonderful property located in the heart of Waikiki. I have stayed in a dozen properties in the Waikiki area while leading a group of 150 + travelers from the mainland. The Pac Beach is at the top of the list for location, food, service and value. They will take care of every need!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank EMD007
PacBeach H, Guest Experience Manager at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Aloha EMD007,

What a wonderful 5-star review! Our team is thrilled to hear your praises. Please let us know when your group is coming back. We think of you and your group as part of our ohana (Hawaiian family) so come again soon! Take care!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had a hard time finding this hotel as it is located on Liliuokalani Street but my GPS did not locate that. After a couple of times looping on Kalakaua and Kuhio I was able to locate the hotel. When I drove to the valet area it was very slow moving. When I finally made my way to the front I was told that they were full and that i could self park. I noticed that there were people dressed in formal wear. I later learned that Castle HIgh School was having their Prom there that evening. I thought to myself, I am in for it with large parties and noise. After returning to the hotel (following my dinner at Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurant) to my surprise, it was quiet and it seemed as if everything was under control. The furniture was a little dated, but for the time I spent in the room, it was perfect. I will plan on staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerald F

Aloha Gerald F,

Thanks so much for rating us 5-stars! I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be perfect for your stay. When you come back next time, you now know where we are. Please visit us anytime!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I visited for 6 nights in April with my partner. I had previously stayed at an upscale resort and had major hesitations about staying at this hotel due to some mixed reviews.
I was pleasently surprised by this hotel and I am so happy we stayed there!
The location is great, not only with a breath taking view of the ocean but also surrounded by shops, resteraunts and a nearby bus stop which served us well.
The beach opposite is sheltered so great for families or those not confident in swimming but is adjacent to an open beach packed with surfers.
The hotel is large but welcoming and comfortable . Could use some up dating but that is purely aesthetic. We found the staff friendly and had no trouble having any problem fixed.
We didnt utilise the resteraunt but could see their famous oceanarium which is as grand as it sounds! Seemed a bit pricey and given the location of nearby resteraunts we had no need to eat there.
There is a daiy fee which really should be added to the overall price even though we expected it, it still felt like a rip off. We did make use of the free wifi though and the towels can be taken to the beach.
Overall a great experience and yes we would stay again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Totoro1984

Aloha Totoro1984,

Thank you for coming to stay with us all the way from Bisbane. I am excited to hear that you had a great stay with us overall. We want to ensure that our guests feel comfortable during their stay. When you miss the beach, you can always come back again for another visit. We can't wait to see you soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

For the cost, location, and convenience this hotel can't be beat. The view was amazing. Location was perfect. We didn't even need to rent a car. Tour pick ups were right next to hotel. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Our room was ocean front with a superb view. The accommodation was a little dated, but very clean.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon K
PacBeach H, Guest Experience Manager at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Aloha Sharon K,

What the nice compliments! Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you found our location to be perfect and enjoyed the spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean. Please come back again soon and visit our extremely helpful staff!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

From the minute I checked in I felt comfortable. That feeling you don't get when your feel out of place. They have excellent customer service. I definitely recommend pacific beach hotel to everyone. Restaurant was an amazing experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Aloha Rochelle R,

How wonderful! Thanks so much for the awesome 5-star review and kind words. Our team is very thrilled to hear your comments. We are here to welcome you warmly and take care of your every need. Please think of us as a Ohana and come back again soon!