‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$169
$352
$325
Westin.com
$442
$305
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$179
$380
Priceline
$525
2,131 results
All reviewsacross the streetocean frontoceanarium towerwaikiki beachhuge aquariumgarlic shrimppartial ocean viewdiamond headabc storerenovated roombeach towelsour honeymoonhigh floorking bedcorner roomshops and restaurantsabbie
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here on part of our honeymoon, and found this hotel to be a good all-around value among the otherwise pricey oceanfront hotels of Waikiki. A few seconds' walk to the beach, nice touches throughout (little ones like excellent lemon water in the lobby, and big ones like mermaids!), cheaply priced laundry facilities, an expansive rooftop pool area (though the pool itself was a bit small, the deck was a wonderful place to sit and enjoy the Honolulu night air), and a wonderful view both of the ocean and of Honolulu.

We didn't avail ourselves of the main restaurant, but the cafe provided a reasonably priced and tasty breakfast. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, even when we had lots of little questions. Definitely on our radar for future visits to Honolulu!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mr_and_Mrs_Cuddles
PacBeach H, Director of Rooms at ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Aloha Mr_and_Mrs_Cuddles,

We are absolutely honored that you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion and to be on your radar for future visits to Honolulu! In fact, you can just think of us as your Hawaiian "Ohana" (family) and come stay with us again anytime. We'll see you soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Pacific Beach is a tired, worn hotel that is not particularly well run.

I got a Groupon deal that gave us an oceanfront view room for a very competitive $169 per night.

The housekeeping service bordered on mediocre/poor. We had to constantly remind the staff to change sheets, towels - even coffee cups. A broken lamp took 3 contacts to get fixed.

The included breakfast is not inspirational and the big water tank was probably a great draw back when but it looks very ho hum today. Street noise filters up very clearly to room. not so good buttthen again you ARE fronting on Kalakaua

The rest of the facility is kind of worn out. Parking at $25 per day was about Waikiki normal and handy

Room Tip: If you go beachfront, go as high in the building as you can
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank GenuinelyCurious

Aloha GenuinelyCurious,

Please accept my sincere apology for our shortfalls. I can imagine that it must have been quite frustrating to have to constantly remind the housekeeping staff to change the sheets and to have to call 3 times to get your lamp repaired. We have already began utilizing your feedback as a training tool for our housekeeping and maintenance staff so that we can do better next time. Furthermore, we will be completely renovating the entire hotel very soon. Stay tuned....

In the meantime, I certainly appreciate your feedback so that I can address these concerns. As much as we try to make sure that everything is perfect, there are simply going to be bumps along the way. It is comforting to know that there are loyal guests such as yourself out there that want to help us be our best. Thanks again for your time and feedback and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Hawaii.

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Just thought I'd release that information to the internet, as I couldn't find the cost anywhere. Not even in the hotel info folder in the room, so I rang down. If I thought there was the remotest chance of the cost actually being $25, I might have tried it. But no doubt there'd be sales tax and service charge on top (although buffet should mean "help yourself" - no need to trouble any waiting staff - you'd think). McDonald's breakfast next door, available about 3 am till 1030, will be many guests' choice, I suspect! Another thrifty tip (to avoid taxi fares) is turn right exiting hotel and at end of road are bus stops to airport, downtown and Diamond Head, all $2.50. There's a 24/7 convenience store there too (no beer sales 00-06 though, "it's the law" - alcohol & smoking have tight regulations in Hawaii).

Great hotel for views, location, general feelgood factor. Large room (smoking) on 32nd floor, with balcony and views to south of beach and Diamond Head crater. Only room criticisms: no power socket by bed, and fridge didn't work.

$815 for 3 nights, room only, so it all comes at a price. That includes $20 a night for room wifi (basic package worked fairly well, you can buy faster connections) and a few extra fripperies which I didn't use.

So my rating 3 stars, could so easily be 5 if only the prices were a little lower.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank CottonZ

Aloha CottonZ,

Your review was full of great advice! Thank you so much for sharing. My apologies for the lack of information regarding the price of our breakfast buffet. Thanks for the feedback! You know we always have a room for you here anytime you need to get another dose of paradise! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner at the buffet different types of crabs the seafood collection was very good the large fish tank with the different fish and the mermaids was nice entertainment I really enjoyed the dinner. The on site chief was ok he didn't do fried rice I thought was kinda odd but overall I had a great time

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha richhack2013,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments and review of the Pacific Beach Hotel and our Oceanarium Restaurant! We very much appreciate your loyalty to us and we are eager to welcome you on your next visit. We'll see you soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

While staying in this hotel my friend & I had numerous bed bug bites all over our bodies. My friend found a bed bug in her bed after turning on the light & immediately pulling back the sheets. One of the maintenance men saw the dead bed bug my friend had killed & stated that there were definitely bed bugs & that they get worse every year. The manager was cold & offered us no compensation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
16  Thank 792brandyl
PacBeach H, Director of Rooms at ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Aloha Brandy L,

We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit and please accept my apologies for the issues that you encountered. Our goal is to leave a very positive lasting impression on all of our guests and create wonderful memories that can be shared for years to come. We are very saddened to hear that your experience with us was far from wonderful.

I can assure you that we have a very aggressive and strict protocol that we follow in the event that one of our guests have a concern regarding any type of bug or pest in our hotel. We utilize a third party pest control company that specializes in hotel preventative pest control measures and all of our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff have been thoroughly trained on our protocols. Unfortunately, regardless of training and preventative measures and coupled with being located in a tropical international destination, bugs and pests are inevitable. Our preventative efforts certainly minimize the occurances.

As for your particular room, after a thorough inspection, the pest control company determined that there was no evidence of bed bug activity. Nontheless, you did notice a bug in your room and for that I apologize as I can imagine how unsettling that must have felt. I also apologize for the response that you received from one of our managers. We certainly never intend to seem cold or unhelpful in any way. We are always looking for ways to improve so I very much appreciate your feedback for improvement.

On a more positive note, after reviewing your account, I am happy to see that you extended your vacation with us. We were certainly happy to help with the extension. Hawaii tends to have that affect on visitors. Usually everyone wants to stay for at least another day if not longer. I hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Waikiki!