Just thought I'd release that information to the internet, as I couldn't find the cost anywhere. Not even in the hotel info folder in the room, so I rang down. If I thought there was the remotest chance of the cost actually being $25, I might have tried it. But no doubt there'd be sales tax and service charge on top (although buffet should mean "help yourself" - no need to trouble any waiting staff - you'd think). McDonald's breakfast next door, available about 3 am till 1030, will be many guests' choice, I suspect! Another thrifty tip (to avoid taxi fares) is turn right exiting hotel and at end of road are bus stops to airport, downtown and Diamond Head, all $2.50. There's a 24/7 convenience store there too (no beer sales 00-06 though, "it's the law" - alcohol & smoking have tight regulations in Hawaii).
Great hotel for views, location, general feelgood factor. Large room (smoking) on 32nd floor, with balcony and views to south of beach and Diamond Head crater. Only room criticisms: no power socket by bed, and fridge didn't work.
$815 for 3 nights, room only, so it all comes at a price. That includes $20 a night for room wifi (basic package worked fairly well, you can buy faster connections) and a few extra fripperies which I didn't use.
So my rating 3 stars, could so easily be 5 if only the prices were a little lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. Please note: Oceanarium Aquarium currently undergoing refurbishments through Summer 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and HotelsClick so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu