The BEST thing about Pacific Beach Hotel is its location! A few steps away from the beach & Kalakaua Ave shopping district, popular cafes & restaurants, the famous Waikiki Aquarium, etc. Our room is on 27th floor (in second tower) facing Diamond Head with stunning ocean AND mountain views! Sparsely decorated, with standard hotel furniture and amenity. Can use some improvement to make it more attractive, especially the bathroom! Overall it’s just a basic hotel room, nothing special. We felt like we paid for the views, not the room! It’s one of the older hotels in Waikiki, so obviously it needs some updating. The huge aquarium in the restaurant downstairs is impressive, even though it has Disneyesque mermaids swimming in it - dancing and singing Happy Birthday to dinner guests! The front desk staff are very helpful and full of Aloha, so as the doormen. However, on our second day there, we had to make three requests before our room finally got cleaned and replaced with fresh sheets and towels.
-Ask for room on highest floors possible because you will have much better views (i.e. not blocked by surrounding high-rise hotels).
-City Bus 19 (from Honolulu airport) stops half a block away on Kuhio Ave. This same bus will also take you the downtown Honolulu and Chinatown ($2.50 bus fare).
-Best place for healthy quick bites: Tucker & Bevvy Picnic Food around the corner on Kapahulu Ave. Veggie juices, fruit smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, salads, etc. Eat there or take out to the beach across the street.
-A grocery store called Food Pantry is located 3 blocks away on Kuhio Ave in case you need grocery, water bottles, cereals, etc.
-To avoid the crowd, head for the lovely beach on the other side of the pier, behind the beach volleyball area. It’s more relaxing, you can swim or just lay on the sand and watch the hunks and babes hitting the ball!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. Please note: Oceanarium Aquarium currently undergoing refurbishments through Summer 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu