Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
  • Free Internet
Stay Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)
  • Breakfast included
3,643 results
All reviewsacross the streetocean frontoceanarium towerwaikiki beachhuge aquariumgarlic shrimppartial ocean viewdiamond headabc storerenovated roombeach towelsour honeymoonhigh floorking bedcorner roomshops and restaurantsabbie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice Hotel; clean and well kept and perfect location. Walking distance to the beach (1/2 a block) and a lot of other turist-y things. On my first day I decided to walk around to explore and ended up at a little shoping area a couple blocks down and it was great. Ended up buying all my souveniers there. They had a lot of local, hand made jewelry and more.
The hotel rooms arn't super fancy but if you are looking for a great location without spending a lot of $,, this is it. Besides, who goes to HI to stay in their hotel room all day?!?!?!?!
I have no complains.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Aloha Carodr01,

An excellent experience is important to all of us at Pacific Beach. Thank you for choosing our hotel & we are happy to hear your overall accommodations was great. We look forward to having you back!

Mahalo A Hui Hou,

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is so close to the beach and international market. It also has breakfast for only $5.oo each morning while you enjoy the atmosphere outside. I would like to mention Crenscia the housekeeper on the 10th floor kept the room immaculant. I definately would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank donnadavis2013
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Aloha DonnaDavis2013,

Thank you very much for your five star rating! We greatly appreciate your kind comment regarding one of our housekeeper. Please be assured that your kind praises will be shared with this exemplary employee. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and it would be an absolute pleasure to serve you again soon!

Mahalo A Hui Hou!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect. Directly across the street from the beach and within easy walking distance of virtually everything. Cheeseburger in Paradise is on the opposite corner so you have a good casual restaurant a few steps away. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. We had an oceanfront room on the 11th floor and the view was fantastic. The room was clean and comfortable. Furnishings were simple but were in good condition. My only CON on the furnishings was there was only one relatively small dresser so storage space for clothing was rather limited and we kept a bunch in the suitcases (there were three of us packed for a two week vacation). The beds were comfortable and we loved listening to the surf at night as we slept. The Oceanarium in the center of the hotel was amazing. Do not miss the free mermaid show, particularly if you are there with kids.Their restaurant runs alongside the three story tall tank. It is a buffet type restaurant and the menu seemed heavy on the seafood side. Neither myself. my wife nor my son eat seafood or very little of it so we never tried it but the restuarant was always busy so I am assuming the food was good but I can't fairly rate it. It looked really nice though. All in all a great experience. I saw some negative reviews but I have only my own experience to go on and I can say that my room was cleaned spotless each and every day. Also, if you fly Hawaiian Airlines sign up for their free miles program and you get a GREAT rate at this hotel. We did. Tip: If you are going there for a special occasion let them know. We were there for our 10 year anniversary and filled that out in the comment section on-line when we made our reservatiion. A bottle of champagne on ice along with 2 Pacific Beach Hotel champagne flutes were waiting on the table when we entered our room. Was awesome to sit out on the balcony that night sipping champagne in the moonlight listening to the waves. One other tip, if driving to it you turn left on the one way street right after the McDonalds on the corner and the entrance is on the right after the outdoor cafe. I circled the place 3 times my first time there before I figured out how to get in. I would have no issues staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms at the higher levels will offer you a better view and a bit of a buffer from the street noise. Things on the street (street performers, traffic, crowds) wind down around 9-10 so don;t be afraid to face the surf and the street. It was actually nice to sit out on the balcony at night and listen to the street performers playing music below as we watched the surf. No problems sleeping in the evening.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JandAinAZ

Aloha JandAinAZ,

I am very pleased to know you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to hear how much our hotel accommodations exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you all back to Pacific Beach very soon! Again, Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!

Mahalo A Hui Hou!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

If your idea of a 4 star hotel, is plastic shower curtains and beat up furniture, then by all means book at the Pacific Beach. We just returned from a weeks holidays. We were very disappointed in the accommodations. When you look at the pictures on the website for the Pacific Beach, the rooms look very nice. However the pictures are very deceiving. The rooms are really old and the furniture has long since outlived it purpose. The mattress was so worn out that you could feel the springs through it. There was still hair in the bathroom from the previous guest. The plug in in the bathroom only worked for the first day. We read the reviews before we booked and thought that sometimes people exaggerate about their experience, but we were wrong. The bad reviews are correct. The hotel does not disserve a 4 star rating. I would give it a 2 at best. There are only 2 positive things that I have to say about this hotel; 1. location is fabulous, directly across from Waikiki Beach 2. the concierge desk, particularly Kailey, was terrific. Other than that, my advice for my fellow Canadians and other travelers, spend the extra could of dollars and stay at the Sheraton. T&S Rhyno

Room Tip: The hotel down the street has a great view. Stay there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sharmane R
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Aloha T&S Rhyno,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that you felt our guest room presentation and accommodation fell below your expectation. I assure you that we will utilize your feedback to improve on all areas. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and we will take your comments on our housekeeping standards and amenities into consideration. Please know we are in the stages of refreshing our hotel to improve guest experience. Should you need to address your concerns directly, don't hesitate to reach out to me via email at jnemoto@pacificbeachhotel.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Mahalo Nui Loa,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were passing through Honolulu for a night before we were making our way to Maui. We took a gamble and did a mystery hotel on Expedia. And this property is what they gave us. The staff was very nice. The aquarium in the restaurant/lobby is something to see. The rooms need a remodeling job...bad. We were fine with our one night stay considering it was for a night. The location was great. Right across from the beach and walking distance from everything.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S

Aloha Lisa S,

We are delighted you were able to stay at our hotel during your night in Oahu & we thank you for choosing us. We sincerely apologize that you felt our hotel was dated. We are currently moving towards refreshing our hotel and we invite you back once the changes are completed.Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity in the future to fully impress you with all we have to offer.

Mahalo A Hui Hou,