“Just steps away from the beach”

Pacific Beach Hotel
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Pittsburg, California
“Just steps away from the beach”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is so close to the beach and international market. It also has breakfast for only $5.oo each morning while you enjoy the atmosphere outside. I would like to mention Crenscia the housekeeper on the 10th floor kept the room immaculant. I definately would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank donnadavis2013
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Aloha DonnaDavis2013,

Thank you very much for your five star rating! We greatly appreciate your kind comment regarding one of our housekeeper. Please be assured that your kind praises will be shared with this exemplary employee. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and it would be an absolute pleasure to serve you again soon!

Jocelyn, Guest Experience Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The location of this hotel was perfect. Directly across the street from the beach and within easy walking distance of virtually everything. Cheeseburger in Paradise is on the opposite corner so you have a good casual restaurant a few steps away. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. We had an oceanfront room on the 11th floor and the view was fantastic. The room was clean and comfortable. Furnishings were simple but were in good condition. My only CON on the furnishings was there was only one relatively small dresser so storage space for clothing was rather limited and we kept a bunch in the suitcases (there were three of us packed for a two week vacation). The beds were comfortable and we loved listening to the surf at night as we slept. The Oceanarium in the center of the hotel was amazing. Do not miss the free mermaid show, particularly if you are there with kids.Their restaurant runs alongside the three story tall tank. It is a buffet type restaurant and the menu seemed heavy on the seafood side. Neither myself. my wife nor my son eat seafood or very little of it so we never tried it but the restuarant was always busy so I am assuming the food was good but I can't fairly rate it. It looked really nice though. All in all a great experience. I saw some negative reviews but I have only my own experience to go on and I can say that my room was cleaned spotless each and every day. Also, if you fly Hawaiian Airlines sign up for their free miles program and you get a GREAT rate at this hotel. We did. Tip: If you are going there for a special occasion let them know. We were there for our 10 year anniversary and filled that out in the comment section on-line when we made our reservatiion. A bottle of champagne on ice along with 2 Pacific Beach Hotel champagne flutes were waiting on the table when we entered our room. Was awesome to sit out on the balcony that night sipping champagne in the moonlight listening to the waves. One other tip, if driving to it you turn left on the one way street right after the McDonalds on the corner and the entrance is on the right after the outdoor cafe. I circled the place 3 times my first time there before I figured out how to get in. I would have no issues staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms at the higher levels will offer you a better view and a bit of a buffer from the s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JandAinAZ
Aloha JandAinAZ,

I am very pleased to know you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are thrilled to hear how much our hotel accommodations exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you all back to Pacific Beach very soon! Again, Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!

Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If your idea of a 4 star hotel, is plastic shower curtains and beat up furniture, then by all means book at the Pacific Beach. We just returned from a weeks holidays. We were very disappointed in the accommodations. When you look at the pictures on the website for the Pacific Beach, the rooms look very nice. However the pictures are very deceiving. The rooms are really old and the furniture has long since outlived it purpose. The mattress was so worn out that you could feel the springs through it. There was still hair in the bathroom from the previous guest. The plug in in the bathroom only worked for the first day. We read the reviews before we booked and thought that sometimes people exaggerate about their experience, but we were wrong. The bad reviews are correct. The hotel does not disserve a 4 star rating. I would give it a 2 at best. There are only 2 positive things that I have to say about this hotel; 1. location is fabulous, directly across from Waikiki Beach 2. the concierge desk, particularly Kailey, was terrific. Other than that, my advice for my fellow Canadians and other travelers, spend the extra could of dollars and stay at the Sheraton. T&S Rhyno

Room Tip: The hotel down the street has a great view. Stay there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sharmane R
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Aloha T&S Rhyno,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that you felt our guest room presentation and accommodation fell below your expectation. I assure you that we will utilize your feedback to improve on all areas. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us and we will take your comments on our housekeeping standards and amenities into consideration. Please know we are in the stages of refreshing our hotel to improve guest experience. Should you need to address your concerns directly, don't hesitate to reach out to me via email at jnemoto@pacificbeachhotel.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were passing through Honolulu for a night before we were making our way to Maui. We took a gamble and did a mystery hotel on Expedia. And this property is what they gave us. The staff was very nice. The aquarium in the restaurant/lobby is something to see. The rooms need a remodeling job...bad. We were fine with our one night stay considering it was for a night. The location was great. Right across from the beach and walking distance from everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
Aloha Lisa S,

We are delighted you were able to stay at our hotel during your night in Oahu & we thank you for choosing us. We sincerely apologize that you felt our hotel was dated. We are currently moving towards refreshing our hotel and we invite you back once the changes are completed.Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity in the future to fully impress you with all we have to offer.

Mahalo A Hui Hou,
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights during our first visit to Hawaii. Friendly staff, clean hotel, and perfect location. Awesome shower with great water pressure and instant hot water. We stayed on the 10th floor facing Diamondhead which was ok for sunrise. I would recommend the other side for late risers or those wanting to see the sunset. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Aloha Dwnester,

Thank you for your review and sharing your impressions during your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding our rooms and friendly staff, It's nice you got a chance to enjoy the sunrise from your room as well! I sincerely hope when your travels bring you back to Pacific Beach, you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Everything was easy and convenient....very important for a single parent with two children. Our hotel - Pacific Beach Hotel - was in a good location in Waikiki, extremely close to the beach and helped us find a lot of tours and adventures to do....we especially loved surfing and swimming with the sharks. Food at the hotel was pretty good too and the attraction of the oceanaquarium in the restaurant was great for keeping the kids entertained. The room with the partial beach view was pretty good but the bathroom area seemed a little dated and worn, but overall the room was comfortable, cleaned in a timely and great for a family looking to spend more time out of doors than lounging in the room. Amenities and were good and the staff always friendly and helpful. Overall give the hotel at B+

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Aloha Keith S,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience. We are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy their stay. I am happy to hear you and your kids loved our Oceanarium dining experience as well as having the opportunity to experience some of our great amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pacific Beach very soon.

So. Cal
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was very happy we chose to stay at the Pacific Beach Hotel. The location is exactly where you want to be on Waikiki in my opinion. You are right alongside some MUCH pricier hotels, and while I would guess their rooms are likely more "luxurious", I doubt their staff could be any more friendly and accommodating than the staff at PBH (everyone we encountered was five-star). We booked an ocean view room and the view was stunning...and you're right across the street from the beach, so you don't have to walk through town to get to the sand.

Room Tip: spend the few bucks more for ocean view...we were on top floor of front (beach) tower...incredible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CC_Cali
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Pacific Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Aloha CC_Cali,

Reviews such as yours remind us why we love to do what we do! Everyone here at Pacific Beach Hotel works together like a big family and we strive to provide superior service to ensure that all of our guests have an amazing experience. Thank you for your kind words on what we have to offer from our location and accommodations. We look very much to serving you again soon!

Mahalo A Hui Hou,