Just came back from Waikiki last weekend and stayed at this hotel-It is very convenient!. The location of this hotel is great! It is right in the center of all the happenings in Waikiki. Everything is in such a walking distance. There are stores in the hotel including an ABC store. There is a bar/ coffee shop downstairs and they have happy hours from 2-5 with $5 mai tais. There is a buffet restaurant downstairs with an aquarium but we didn’t eat there. We thought the prices were ridiculous- $24 for breakfast? I usually only have coffee and pastry in the morning so $24 is just too much!
Anyways, the beach by the hotel is ok but way too much crowded- it is kid-friendly and the water is shallow. The hotel’s beach section is right by the walkway so lots of people walking and you can hear the busses and car noises and since we are up for something more relaxing than that we walked further out of the beach- it isn’t a far walk so it’s great! The International Market is close and if you want to go shopping – the stores are closeby too.
Also, checking in was a breeze. The drawback was their daily resort fee which is $20 per day so be wary of this when you book your trip since this is not usually inclusive of the prices when you book online. The resort fee includes towels, wifi, etc.. we didn’t have any problems getting clean fresh towels every time we needed them so it’s all good. Meanwhile, we really didn’t use the wifi so I don’t know if the connection is good. On the other hand, check out wasn’t bad either, we had a later flight and the check out was at 11am. You can leave your luggage at the bell desk and pick it up once it’s time for you to get to the airport. In our case we left our luggage the whole day till night since our plane didn’t leave till 10pm and this was not a problem at all. The service was accommodating at this hotel and we don’t have any complaints.
The rooms we got had a great view of Waikiki beach, you get a great view of the sunrise and the sunset every day. Our room was facing the street where the hustle and bustle is at but you won’t have a problem with noise as long as you keep the balcony doors closed. The balcony has lounge chairs, the room was clean and housekeeping maintains it every day. We stayed at 7th floor.
The pool was not good but we really didn’t care because who needs a pool when you have the beach!
Just a few suggestions to add- I think they should waive the parking fee for their hotel guests or maybe at least get 1 free parking day! They have a parking which we used for one day and it costs $20/ day! Also, a hospitality room would be a nice thing to have for those who have later flight and still want to go back to the beach and needed a shower before catching their return flight.
Overall, It’s a good place to stay- the prices are reasonable, location, service and rooms were great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. Please note: Oceanarium Aquarium currently undergoing refurbishments through Summer 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu