We spent 2 nights at the Pacific Beach Hotel on our way to Kauai. We were put in a standard room (2 twin beds) which had not seen a coat of paint or anything since about 1960. The room was disgusting and i you check their website they usuall charge over $200 a night for one of these rooms. The ceiling had large mold stains all over it, the bathtub was disgustingly stained and there was black mold in the tiles around the bathtub. The curtains were stained and the furniture looked like if you touched it, it would crumble. I called and spoke to someone at the front desk about changing to a room with a Queen or King and they were very helpful but we were charged $40 to "upgrade". The second night they moved us to another room with a King bed. The room was better, basically it was not as decrepit as the first one.
I an just shocked that these places can get away with charging the prices that they charge and expecting patrons to be satisfied with what they get. I filled out a survey sent to me by the hotel and was very honest. I received an email back from the Guest Experience Co-ordinator explaining that they are in the process of a major renovation and said I should come back and revisit after completion but there was no mention of a free voucher or discounted stay. I guess they don't need my business that badly.
There are so many other lovely boutique hotels in Waikiki that are a lot less money and fantastic. Spend your money at those instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised to open as the hottest new resort in Hawaii in fall 2017, ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach will be a modern and tranquil oasis in the heart of Waikiki that pays homage to Queen Lili‛uokalani's long-lasting heritage. Alohilani will welcome all guests into an unforgettable setting which blends Hawaii’s cultural heritage with an elegant contemporary style that’s uniquely... Aloha Chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu