‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
$365
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$239
$239
$216
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$204
  • Restaurant
$254
$209
3,679 results
All reviewsacross the streetocean frontoceanarium towerwaikiki beachhuge aquariumgarlic shrimppartial ocean viewdiamond headabc storerenovated roombeach towelsour honeymoonhigh floorking bedcorner roomshops and restaurantsabbie
Reviewed July 11, 2013

When seeing a room on hotwire for $267 at a $130 price, I thought, why not! This was my first time using hotwire and my first time hearing about this hotel. Not happy with either and will not use/stay at either again. If you like hard, springy beds they used to have at summer camps, stay at the Pacific Beach. If you like hearing your neighbors talk, laugh, yell, sneeze, stay at the Pacific Beach hotel. If you like hearing EVERY toilet flush from above many floors, stay at the Pacific Beach hotel. If you like being surprised with an extra $20/day amenity charge - PER DAY!!! - stay at the Pacific Beach hotel. I have no idea why this place would charge almost $300 per room with amenity fee. Yes, it's right across the street from the beach, but I would have rather stayed at the other hotel we were at during the first half of our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Foodie_CO2CT
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Aloha Foodie_CO2CT,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on our hotel.
We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay.
We definitely do not like to see our guests leaving our hotel unhappy.
Please know that we are in the process of renovating our hotel from the exteriors to interiors.
I would humbly welcome you back to our hotel after the renovation.

I would also like you to reach out to me directly via email jnemoto@pacificbeachhotel.com to discuss your stay future with me.

Mahalo,

Jocelyn Nemoto
Guest Experience Coordinator

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located right along the beachside of Kalakaua Ave. Well known for their buffet restaurant, Oceanarium, which hosts delicious menus. I stayed here because I found a good deal and I decided to take a little "staycation". I checked in late, like 11PM, and the staff was very pleasant and upbeat for that time. The accommodations were what I expected to pay for the deal I got but I would not pay regular price for that room. The hotel is well kept and clean. Rooms need some updating or some luxurious touches to match the price they charge for a night, or I could be wrong and you're paying for the oceanfrontage location because I had a city view.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a wonderful holiday at the Pacific Beach Hotel. The location was excellent, right across the road from the beach and easy walking distance to the markets and many other things. The rooms were very clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We paid a little extra each day for breakfast in the restaurant and it was worth it. The variety of food was amazing. With an ABC shop just downstairs and the delicious grills at the Aloha Cafe, it was easy to access delicious meals in close proximity. The views of Waikik beach and the sunsets from our balcony each everning were lovely. The concierge were most helpful in assisting with planning and booking tours. If I ever got the opportunity to go to Hawaii again, I would certainly return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you like good views of the water, ask for ocean views rather than partial ocean views; it's worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnneD2

Aloha AnneD2,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel.
We are more than delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
I am pleased to see our staff and booking agents took good care of you.
Reading your satisfaction review is what motivates us to work harder everyday!

Thank you and we look forward to serving you again!

Mahalo A Hui Hou,

Jocelyn Nemoto
Guest Experience Coordinator

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family stayed here recently for 5 days in an ocean front room. The view was amazing and the staff was very nice and very helpful! It's literally just a few feet from Waikiki Beach! Also, it's in walking distance to all the shops and restaurants on the strip. I can't comment on the restaurants in the hotel because we did not eat at the hotel, but everything else there was great! We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We highly recommend getting an ocean front room ~ we stayed on the 15th floor and the view was amazing and well worth the money! If you have the sliding door open, you can hear the traffic from the street below, but once you shut the door, you do not hear a thing!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

In 2006 when our cruise to Mexico was overbooked, my husband and I found ourselves 2 days before our vacation with no where to go. After a brief search we booked our first trip to Hawaii; more specifically to Waikiki Beach on the island of O'ahu. We stayed at the Pacific Beach Hotel and the hospitality we felt has brought us back every year since. Not only were the prices great for a beach front hotel, but the staff made us feel at home instead of like tourists. The rooms are always spotless. The restaurants and cafe make it very convenient to find delicious meals, whether we want to dress up or we're just coming from the beach. There are great shops in the hotel as well if you need to grab some last minute gifts for your loved ones back home. We love the proximity to the beach and local shops and restaurants. We brought our 3 children with us for the first time this year and they have now informed us that they want to come back every year to stay at the Pacific Beach Hotel. We really can't say enough about how much we love it there! We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: All of the rooms we've stayed in have been wonderful. For the best views I would recommend a room with partial ocean views on the DiamondHead side of the hotel. That way you have a view of the gorgeous beaches as well as the majestic volcano.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family