“fantastic ocean front view”

Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed June 24, 2013

an excellent hotel for an excellent price considering the chosen room.We chose a room with ocean front view and the price was affordable for a stay in a hotel in Waikiki in ocean front rooms. The staff is very friendly. the room is very clean. The location is great. We had an excellent experience with this hotel even though we were afraid of the rating. When I go back to Hawaii I won't choose any other hotel.

Room Tip: ocean front view room in the tower facing the beach
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jocelyn N, Social Media Ambassador at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Aloha Salam M,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.
We appreciate your positive feedback. We are continually striving to provide the highest quality customer service and cleanliness. I am pleased to hear you will be choosing us again in the near future! If you did not get a chance to dine in at our Oceanarium, I would highly recommend trying our nightly Prime Rib & Seafood Buffet. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again Salam.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Good value for money.
This hotel is situated 2 minutes walk from the popular Waikiki Beach
Good locations with good public services around the area

After reading mixed reviews, I was pleased with my choice
Staff friendly & rooms clean.
Tea & coffee supplied daily however we did not have a kitchenette/ fridge which some did.

Four lifts all working but did sometimes take forever to reach the top floors with the number of people using them.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone with a lower budget

Room Tip: Rooms higher have a partial view of the sea Ask about kitchenette facilities
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Smurf-ed
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Aloha Smurf-ed,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.
We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one. I appreciate you choosing our hotel despite of reading mixed reviews. We take pride everyday in serving our guests with the utmost highest quality customer service. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you during your next visit to Hawaii.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Location speaks for itself! Across from the beach, within few minute walk to Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Kaimana Beach (if you want to mingle with locals and enjoy wider beach). I even walked to Diamond Head (40 - 50 min walk) and hiked up another 20 min to the top! (Warning: I live in SF, so I'm used to the hills and walking. There is "The Bus" going to the foot of DH if you want to avoid the first 40 min of walking! The hotel isn't fancy, very basic (no fancy comforter, no European pillows, no mini bars) and clean. That's all I needed as I didn't plan to spend my time in my room. Given that I had a partial ocean view room on 37th floor, I could just sit in my balcony and admire the view. (Ahh, sipping my coffee and watching rolling waves...I even saw a rainbow over the horizon after a passing Mauka shower! What a life!) Friendly and accommodating staff with few exceptions, but that really didn't overcast my entire stay. I've been told that this hotel will be going through some renovation in the near future.

I'd definitely stay here and ask for the same or similar room on a higher floor! p.s. if you don't have a patient to wait for a slow elevator during rush hour (breakfast, check-in/out, dinner time), I'd ask for a lower floor.

Room Tip: Higher floor, partial ocean view room provides decent ocean view. If you don't have a patient t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Peacefulsoul1

Aloha Ayaboo,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.
We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is located conveniently for guests to walk to their leisure pleasures. The pictures you took from our hotel balcony looks beautiful! I can see you have a strong appreciate for nature. I hope you enjoyed your hike to Diamond Head as well. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you during your next visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel's location was awesome and even the view from the partial ocean view room was spectacular. The rooms were mediocre and the beds were not as comfortable. There is a resort fee of $20 which gives you two bottles of water and free Internet. The place is very busy and there was construction going on across the street which made it very very loud during the day. At night they have live music downstairs which is also very loud.
Overall, it was a good price for location.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Annette M

Aloha Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.
I apologize your stay did not meet to your expectations. Our hotel is expecting to go under a complete renovation including a change of our beds. We value your input and thank you for choosing us again. We look forward to serving you during your next time in Waikiki.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I did not know what to expect when I checked in to the Pacific Beach Hotel, but the prices offered were phenomenally affordable. Although some of the staff members were less than courteous and some were rude, overall, my encounters with the staff was warm and helpful.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Oceanarium tower, which was great, but be aware that there are a lot of floors. When...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank S M

Aloha S M,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our hotel.
I appreciate your thoughtful comment and I value your feedback. We strive to give the utmost quality customer service to our guests. I hope in the near future we will be able to give you another memorable experience. Thank you and we look forward to serving you should your travels bring you back to Hawaii.

Mahalo,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A group of six friends spent six nights here in May 2013. The room had two double beds so was quite roomy enough for two or even three people. We like having the fridge, electric kettle and microwave as we tended to have breakfast while looking at the beautiful view from our room. Be sure to ask for OCEANFRONT room as others such as OCEANVIEW can be on the side of the building and may offer a glimpse of the ocean. On the front is fantastic. The rooms as basic but very well cleaned and have everything you need. The housekeeping staff were very friendly. The pool and massage area are pretty stark to look at but we had very good massages in the beauty salon. Would recommend this and would stay again., Very convenient location.

Room Tip: The most important thing is if you want a view, ask for oceanfront. Bear in mind it can be a bit no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Korgi8
Jocelyn N, Guest Experience Coordinator at Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Aloha Korgi8,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience during your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you and your friends enjoyed your week at our hotel. I am thrilled to read you stayed in one of our oceanfront rooms. Waking up to the open ocean view is indeed breathtaking. I appreciate your compliments on our housekeepers and our spa, Please be assured that your kind feedback will be shared with our staff. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you should you return back to Hawaii.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

When we arrived, we had a friendly porter, and thought that we were stepping into a wonderful, relaxing beach holiday. However, this was not to be. We found the reception desk and asked to check in. The staff at the reception were unfriendly and told us we had to wait roughly an hour for our room to be ready after we had requested an early check-in. However, we were also told that we had to pay an unexpected 'resort fee' - an extra $20 that we had not expected to pay. This fee was applicable even if none if the services (safe, wifi, 2 water bottles etc.) wqere used.The wait was 2 1/2 hours, which we spent going to the pool (I've definately seen bigger pools). When we COULD check in, our luggage (which we had left with the bell) took a long time to find and retrieve. Apparently, a 'label' had fallen off, making it hard to find them. We found the beds very uncomfortable and hard. The view from our room was nice - partial ocean view. In the morning, we had requested a late check out and found that when returning to our room on the 17th floor, our key card would not open the door. We has to take the key card all the way back to the reception to renew it.

Over all, this was an unnenjoyable experience that we expected much better of.

Room Tip: Request room with balcony and ocean room. Higher floors - better views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Emily A

Aloha Emily A,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to begin by expressing my sincerest apologies for not providing you with a wonderful memorable vacation. Your vacation should be stress free and fun, but your check-in process and wait left you with an unhappy vacation experience. The amenity fee also included the use of our tennis courts, golf cages, and discounted rates for our spa and pass to the fitness club. Please contact me should your travels take you back to Waikiki again, I would love another opportunity to provide you with the highest level of customer service that you deserve.

Mahalo,