My husband and I decided to vacation in Oahu for our anniversary. First of all, I'm going to start with the positive experiences while staying at this hotel. The location is awesome--right across from the most central to the beach life. The appearance of the hotel was okay. Nice exterior look, 2 tall buildings, interior was only nice on the ground level (the check-in area). The aquarium is a sight to see. Other than that, eveything else was as horrible as it can get in a nightmare....
We checked in the first night and were told the the whole hotel was full and didn't have any king or queen size rooms available "in your category". I asked if I can pay extra to upgrade, this question took 10 minutes to be answered. The clerk said "I'm afraid there is nothing available because we have rooms other customers paid to guarantee a certain option"--such as a king size room. The advise I got was to check back again after 11am the next day (and each day after that). We were pretty disappointed to start our romantic vacation in a 2 twin bed room. I can't begin to describe our night sleeping on one of these "twin" beds. The mattress squeaks each time you turn in bed and it's as hard as the floor. My husband and I ended up waking up every 30 minutes to switch positions because our legs or arms kept numbing due to the hard mattress and frequently waking each other up by bumping. Never in my life have I slept so poorly!
The following day, I checked with the front desk again. And once again, waiting 20 + minutes to get nowhere. I was told the same thing... I even asked if we can place the 2 twin beds together and was told "no".
To make a long story short, I took time from our vacation and waited in line 3 times each day for 4 days with nothing more than, "I'm so sorry, there's nothing we can do". I felt like this hotel's customer service is at its worse. Some of the clerks wouldn't even look me in the eye, while at the same time be typing away crazy (still can't figure out what she was typing?) Finally, on our 4th night, we couldn't take it anymore. We accepted the idea of twin beds, but not having any sleep--that just didn't slide (at least not for our bodies). We decided to ask for a cot. This request took about 30 mintues to be approved by the "manager" becuause they charge $50 per night for one of these! At first we requested 2 cots, but were told 2 will not fit in the room. That night, I finally got "some" rest. I wouldn't say the best, but what can I say if I haven't slept the last 3 nights.
Other not so pleasant experiences during this stay:
*There was mold on areas of our ceiling (we reported this and asked if we can switch to another room. Of course the answer was no, "we are booked full"
Overall, there are no words to sum up our experience at this hotel. My advise is to seek a hotel somewhere else. 70 % of this hotel is twin beds. If we were to get a refund the very first night, we would've left. Because our vacation was pre-booked, no refunds were made. Lastly, this hotel charges a resort fee of $20 per night (this is the most crazy part because this hotel sure didn't feel like a resort).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised to open as the hottest new resort in Hawaii in fall 2017, ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach will be a modern and tranquil oasis in the heart of Waikiki that pays homage to Queen Lili‛uokalani's long-lasting heritage. Alohilani will welcome all guests into an unforgettable setting which blends Hawaii’s cultural heritage with an elegant contemporary style that’s uniquely... Aloha Chic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu