My girlfriend and I stayed over spring break (end of March) for a week. We had a partial ocean view room. It was clean, spacious, and ready when we arrived. The only thing that seemed wrong is that the remote to the TV didn't work...but we didn't care since we were there for the beach and not the TV!! The staff was friendly and helpful. Like many of the hotels in the Waikiki area, there are several stores including an ABC store on the first floor of the hotel. The ABC store closed after midnight which made it very convenient since everything seemed to close before midnight.
One thing I must complaint about this hotel is that there is a parking garage for their guests....but it costs $25 per night to park there!!! This is a lot of money to pay for guest parking!!! We had to drive around close to 30 minutes a day to just find parking. Free roadside parking is very very very hard to find in the area and the nearest street parking is about 2.5 blocks away!! There is another hotel (I believe its called the Waikiki Banyan) located 2 blocks away that has a parking garage for both their guests and public, 24 hour parking for $12!!!
Another thing not to expect from this hotel is free breakfast. There is a breakfast buffet available for $23 per person. Skip that and head over to Eggs 'n Things about 100 yards West on the strip for some really really good breakfast for half the price. Or hit up the crepes store at the beach side entrance of the hotel for some bomb crepes.
They have a giant aquarium which is cool, in the dinning area. There is a Mermaid dinner which shows nightly at 9pm for $50 per person which includes the dinner buffet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. Please note: Oceanarium Aquarium currently undergoing refurbishments through Summer 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu