Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
  • Free Internet
Stay Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)
  • Breakfast included
3,638 results
All reviewsacross the streetocean frontoceanarium towerwaikiki beachhuge aquariumgarlic shrimppartial ocean viewdiamond headabc storerenovated roombeach towelsour honeymoonhigh floorking bedcorner roomshops and restaurantsabbie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2007

Our family stayed at the Pacific Beach Dec 8 for a week. Very nice experience. I have vacationed in Hawaii every year, and this trip was wonderful as always. I have stayed at finer hotels for much more money, but never received such a deal. Carpets are being replaced at this time, which is desperately needed. Location is superb, not only steps from the beach, but so close to everything we come here for. Service is typical for the area, but still aloha. When I stay at nicer hotels in the area, you get more style in the rooms, but also rude service. The elevators are slow, as others have pointed out, so we were prepared ahead of time. I would strongly recommend for families who want to be in the middle of everything, but not pay $250+ per night to do so.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
13  Thank xjrocket
Reviewed November 11, 2007

Just returned from 3 days here w/ wife and 19 month old boy. The Ohana Pacific Beach's location is probably the best thing going for it. The hotel is in a great location on the east end of Waikiki. Just walk across the street and you're on the beach with hotel-provided beach towels. Walk west to most of the shops and popular restaurants. Be sure to hit the newly revamped Lewers Street. Roy's restaurant at the south end of Lewers is excellent. Don't ignore walking east from the Ohana hotel, either. More great beaches, surfing, shops, the zoo, and the aquarium. If you like sushi and want a break from the expensive restaurants, try Run Sushi at the corner of Ohua Street and the main drag by the beach. The sushi was very fresh, the beer was cheap (happy hour), and you have an ocean view (it's right across from the beach). Also, the hotel is right across from Kuhio Beach Park, where a hawaiian music and dancing show is performed free of charge Tuesday through Sunday from 6-7pm.
The room we had at the Pacific Beach was very old, and it showed. I'd say the bed/mattress, furniture, toiletries, towels, and general cleanliness were mediocre. There was nothing unacceptable, but everything just looked like it belonged in an old motel. No Heavenly Beds here. Kind of disappointing considering other reviews I read. The staff was friendly enough, but the Front Desk service was just average. The hotel lacked any real atmosphere or personality.
I think the aquarium at the hotel is over-rated. It's certainly beautiful and has lots of cool animals in it, but you have to be in one of the restaurants to really appreciate it, and it's kind of awkward when you have to stand next to other people's tables to get a good look and enjoy the view. Speaking of the restaurants, we tried the lower-level one for lunch and it was also just mediocre. My wife and I had the mahi-mahi sandwich - a piece of greasy fish on a regular hamburger bun with lettuce and tomato for about $10 each.
Overall, I suppose the Ohana Pacific Beach can be described as a mediocre hotel in a fantastic location. I would not stay there again. Next time I will try to find something nicer, but maybe located a block or two back from the beach to stay at the same price point. Paid $155/night for a partial ocean view.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank pmschneidau
Reviewed November 7, 2007

My partner and I spent a week at the Pacific Beach Hotel. We had a partial ocean view room which was great as the main view was mostly Diamond Head and quite alot of the beach.
The hotel is opposite the beach and next to tons of shops. It's also only a ten minute walk to the zoo.
We didn't receive any discounts on the trolleys but they are easy to find and it's worth going to the Ala Moana shopping centre!
The tours desk is very good and they are able to arrange any kind of tour/helicopter ride etc that you want to take part in, but you have to get there quick as their schedules book up fast.
The pool is not even worth finding! It took my partner and I three days to figure out that the pool is on the fourth floor of a different tower to the ocean tower we were staying in and when we got there it was crowded titchy and not worth the bother.
Oahu nature tours are fantastic as they pick you up from your hotel and there are some great restaurants nearby
We must have lost half a day in total waiting for the lift. The room service is massively overpriced as is the oceanarium restaurant and the two safes in our room didn't work. However in conclusion. there is so much to do that you don't spend much time in the room and they are spacious, clean, well maintained and the air con is fantastic!

5  Thank Rachael13
Reviewed November 3, 2007

My husband and I went to Oahu for out 10th year anniversay. We had booked a standard room, but they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a full ocean view.. Very nice. Hotel was nice, staff were very helpful with whatever we needed. Beach is right across the street, and everything is within walking distance.

The elevator was really slow, but other than that no complaints.

We didn't eat at the oceanarium, thought it was a bit pricey, but did have drinks at the bar, and staff was again very pleasant.

We visited some of the other hotels, that were in a higher price range and didn't really see what they had to offer that we didn't get at Pacific Beach.

Pool not very big, but then again, who needs a pool when you have the beach!

Remember when you are visiting Hawaii you are not even in your room that much, but out enjoying all the sites.

7  Thank austinsmom65
Reviewed October 21, 2007

Stayed here recently for 1 week in Waikiki. The booking was done through the OHANA website that indicates that the Pacific Beach Hotel is associated. On arrival we discovered that the association appears to be loose. They advertise free local calls up to 15 minutes, as well as first 15 minutes free to call destinations in Canada and the US. Not so! They charge for each call, including local. Free In room safe - actually $3.00/day, and no info on free access to the "Pink Line" Trolley. They also advertise a free airport connector. Nope.

We found the service to be a disappointment. While front desk staff were horsing around, not one staff member (including those who walked right past us) offered any assistance. The BELL/DOOR STAFF, however were very helpful, as well as the in house Pleasant Holidays desk for booking tours etc without the hassle of the timeshare pitch.

The Oceanarium restaurant was OK, but again service was lacking. On our first 2 attempts to go there for a meal, we stood right at the podium, and again were completely ignored by staff. I am in the passenger transportation business, and my wife is a manager at a 4 1/2 star boutique hotel. We were generally unimpressed by the service provided. The property was clean, and if that's all you want - go for it.

2  Thank David W