“Great Location!”
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We loved our stay at the Sheraton Waikiki. We had access to the club level and the food was 'good', but the view was spectacular! The staff was friendly and courteous. This hotel is not only right next door to the infamous 'Pink' hotel, but is within walking distance to almost everything including Waikiki out your front door. Shopping, Dining, Beach, Pool are all within a 2 minute walk from your hotel room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our club lounge. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon. A hui hou.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Waikiki

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 3/14-16/2014. I reserved a city view room and was moved to a partial view. The partial was great. View included pool area and the beach. I was able to get my room when I did the early check in. Due to my special reservation, I was given a card for 50% off food and beverage at the hotel. I like the complimentary welcome drink and portrait. I aslo liked Rum Fire bar/lounge and was happy I didn't have to leave the hotel for great nightlife. The hotel was clean and I did not notice any loud noise. I loved my stay there

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jamelia E

Aloha and thank you for your great review of our resort. We are very happy to know how much you loved your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel was beyond our expectations! The staff at the front desk were helpful and friendly. Our room was great, could not have asked for a better view. The only drawback was the convenience store in the lobby, the smell was nauseating and only got worse the longer we were there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marty6080

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are delighted to have surpassed your expectations and have shared your concerns about the smell with our management team. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. A hui hou.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was our first time travelling to Hawaii from Australia. We were so amazed with this place, which made me think why didn't I come here earlier. I met some great people including the Staff. I found the hotel staff were above amazing. Me and my fiancé were walking around Waikiki comparing the hotels with Sheraton and found personally that Sheraton was up there with the best. Abit pricey but worth it. Ill never forget the adult pool as it was an area that I could spend for hours and days.
I was organising a proposal to my long time girlfriend, and the staff at Sheraton went out of their way to help me. Special thanks to Filippo at the Adult pool deck for being an amazing person, and also helped me capture my proposal on the beach. Also a big thank-you to Walter who helped me carry all my fiancés shopping bags from level 14 up to the suite on level 26.

Room Tip: Ocean View is a must
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Aloha and mahalo for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We are thrilled by your fantastic feedback and appreciate being a part of your special holiday. Congratulations on your engagement and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian holiday. A hui hou.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before, and this time we asked for an ocean view room. We certainly got that, despite the concrete balcony front, but no privacy as we had a gap between us and the room next door, no privacy shielding. We also requested a quiet room, but we're put next to the Luana dining facility which meant noise from about 4.30am while they prepared for breakfast, and from 6am loud children eating, and noisy waiting staff cleaning and clattering! Good thing I'm an early waker then! The room did not seem as clean as last year either, but they did provide a kettle free of charge for early morning tea. I'm not happy about this 'daily resort charge' either, what a con for free wifi and water, and as for international calls the time difference to the UK made that almost an impossibility.
That said the position is excellent, and I will consider coming back but I will be more specific in what room I want.

Room Tip: Railings balcony, and a view of Diamondhead, as high as you can get, away from dining facilities, pr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate P
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. As a valued returning guest we are very sorry to learn of your disappointment and hope you will contact us directly when you book your next stay so we can ensure you get the proper room. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian holiday. Cheers and a hui hou.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Waited eleven months to return to this piece of paradise. Somewhere our reservation room type got mixed up. We wanted an ocean front room with an open rail balcony not concrete. I spend a lot of my time on the balcony enjoying the activity and watching the turtles as well as the whales. Our first night due to the mix up we had to take an ocean view room and not on the Diamond head side. We had to check out by eleven and wait until possibly three to get an ocean view room. Even though we were staying three more nights they did not allow us to stay in the first room until the second was ready. Really!!! Yes really. Well sure enough the only room they had was one with a concrete balcony. At $500 a night due to an error made in our reservation and flying for ten hours the customer is expected to compromise. I understand it was a busy time with a festival going on. At no time did they offer us a room with a non concrete balcony and we were too tired to keep begging.
On the plus side we did see whales, turtles and a massive fireworks display.
We paid $99 for breakfast for three people plus tip minus 35% as hotel guests. $99... We paid under $40 for breakfast for three at the hotel down the street...the reef...and sat oceanfront.
We of course did not eat at the Sheraton again. I am not a drinker but enjoy a little something now and again. Not much content to their drinks.
They do give a free cocktail at the beach and free international telephone calls up to a certain minute limit. Wi fi only works in the rooms and not on the balcony. Oh hum.
Oh the rooms are so plain in decor...boring. Nice linen though.
Sadly the infinity pool although well thought out was a bit too cold. The lounge chairs placed so only the front row can see the ocean and you pay extra.
This visit did not work. Not blaming anyone in particular. It just did not work.

Room Tip: Pick only rooms with open rail balcony. Even reconfirming the type of room we wanted we did not get...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 31Jane222

Aloha and thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize for the mix up and inconveniences you encountered with your room request. We have shared your comments with our management team and truly appreciate your feedback. We hope you will stay with us on your next visit so we can provide the true Sheraton Waikiki experience. Mahalo and a hui hou.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface by saying this hotel is fantastic if you do not consider the price tag.

We got a shock at how small, dark, and basic the room was that we paid a small fortune for. There are lots of services in the hotel lobby such as shops, restaurants, cafes, bars. Etc., but they too are on the pricey side.

The infinity pool is great but we didn't go into the other pool. We were given towel hire, which we could use on the beach also which was very useful.

The gym was fantastic. Of all the so-called "fully featured" hotel gyms I've seen in the past, this one was the best hands down.

The free internet in the room was a nice touch, but it wasn't very fast and kept disconnecting.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver C

Aloha and thank you for your recent review of our resort. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with our management team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Mahalo and a hui hou.