“Wonderful stay/Great location”
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Starting with our arrival our stay at the Sheraton Waikiki was a great experience. The staff is welcoming, friendly and courteous. The location is perfect for the views and access to Waikiki Beach and downtown. Plenty of great restaurants within walking distance along with shopping. Hotel is clean and housekeeping was very prompt. Both pools (child and adult) are nice. It is nice to have access to an adult pool if you do not have children along. We rented a cabana by the adult infinity pool for a day and it was great! We will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,178)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

You can't beat the Sheraton Waikiki for it's location, infinity pool, and the ocean front room views. The front desk staff and the concierge service are top notch. The Leahi room on the 30th floor is a great deal!

On the down side the hotel is getting old. Our air conditioner was noisy. A suite next to us had a smashed sandwich in front of the door for over 24 hours and a housekeeper on our floor was usually the loudest person I heard yelling in the hall way.

The infinity pool is beautiful, but seats after 10:00 am may be hard to find. Put a magazine, a towel, or book on a chair at 6:45am and go eat breakfast or for a short walk and it won't be there when you get back. A military defense contractor I sat next to for two days at the pool was actually stalked by a guy because he thought the defense contractor took his chair. Another guy next to him chimed in with the same complaint about his things being moved too. It turns out the pool staff sometimes clears everything off the chairs around 7:00 am and dumps it behind the counter without leaving a note on the chair about where your things are. I would never interact with my employees, let alone my customers the way some of the female pool staff interacted with guests at the adult pool.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for an ocean front room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here in March while on our honeymoon. Overall we couldn't fault the hotel, great option for honeymooners! The adult only infinity pool made the hotel, our reason for staying and our reason we will return! Not sure i would stay here with kids though. The rooms were also nice, decent size and the beds are comfy beds. Good location too.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Even though we were too early for our room, we were offered their Hospitality room for our first shower in 2 days! Food was excellent and all staff from housekeeping to front desk were most helpful and polite. Wireless was superb in our room. Walking distance to International Markets, the Cheesecake Factory and Macy's. Fabulous watching the sunset.

Room Tip: Ask for the Waikiki beach facing room if you can get it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed for only one night so wasnt able to enjoy the hotel amenities too much. Enjoyed the ocean front room! Our king room was on the 12th floor so we were able to enjoy the view and sounds of the waves! The bed was comfortable to sleep on, just right.

The free continental breakfast was a treat for us because we werent expecting it to be in our package deal. The resturant was a little late in opening for breakfast but once we were seated, the food was awesome in the choices and taste.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family and I spent almost a week in the Sheraton, and for those travelling with young families the adjoining rooms certainly work very well. The hotel is in need of some TLC as it is a little tired, with the structure around the lift well design a complete shambles.

Babysitting services were excellent, as was the breakfast service and location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Location is great - right on the ocean and right in the middle of Honolulu. But... if you don't get a pool chair by 6 AM, you are SOL. People throw towels on the chairs, and then leave, and the pool staff don't do anything about it... You can rent chairs that are right in the shallow part of the pool for $25 a piece (which I very foolishly did) but the hotel doesn't enforce those chairs as being rentals only. So, I paid my $50 (I got 2 chairs) for the day, and more than a dozen other people used the chairs all day for free. TOTAL RIPOFF! I asked for my money back, explaining that other people got for free the same service I got stuck paying for, and I was told no!

On top of that, I had a fairly expensive summer dress I had bought for the trip. Unfortunately, it didn't make it back into my suitcase for the trip home. I noticed it as soon as we got back home, and contacted the hotel about it - this was less than 48 hours after we had checked out... And guess what? the dress is gone. It was there.. now it's not... It didn't have it's own legs, which mean someone that wasn't part of my family decided to take it...

I'm a gold member with SPG, and this really left a bad taste in my mouth to be treated like that... This is not a hotel I will ever stay at again, nor could I provide a recommendation for them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family