“Peaceful Infinity Pool”
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location, walking distance to most of Waikiki and right on the beach. Keep checking the room prices- it can vary a lot. The infinity pool makes this hotel worth it. The family pool also looked great. You are right next door to a much more expensive hotel with their world famous Mai Tai Bar. You can get a ride on a catamaran right on the beach. My only complaint is I wished the pool stayed open later

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,178)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the second time February 22nd to March 1st 2013 for our 24th anniversary. This time we were unable to get an ocean facing king room. We were "UPGRADED!!!" to a mountain facing king with partial ocean view. The rooms are great the bed are comfortable, the service is excellent! At 2:48 AM Monday morning I was woken up but the BEEP BEEP BEEP of a back up alarm from trucks backing up. When I looked down the 18 floors to the street it was garbage pick up. I thought that would be a one day occurrence but I was wrong every morning from 3:00 AM to 5:00 AM the beep beep beep of trucks backing up. When I contacted my source at the hotel they said they would move us but never did. When I emailed the Oahu Visitors bureau they didn't even respond. Oahu needs a noise ordinance in this area. The sound had to be impacting hundreds of people in the area.

Room Tip: If you get a room here be sure to get an ocean facing room or go some where else.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Markh4040
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Waikiki on April 16th for four nights before staying at the Sheraton on Kauai, it is very large, lots going on, so if you don't like the busy....I would not stay, but then again if you don't like crowds don't go to Waikiki. it is like a clean New York City. As for the Sheraton, I have a ocean front and it was a true ocean front. I overlooked the infinity pool befow me, but for as far as you could see unobstructed ocean. The room was OK size, very fresh and clean and had a nice size balcony. It was a little odd, as busy as the hotel was, the pool and bar area's were not. I think it may have been good plannin on the hotel's part as the infinity pool is aldult only. They have a childrens pool, it did not seem over crowed either. I think slipting the crowd up did the trick. I rented a pool side cabana for my wife and daught. Best $60.00 you will spend in Hawaii if you don't have children with you. Two seat pool side, looking straight out to the ocean at a height no one blocked you view. Included ice water when you came down in the morning for it, gave you a include dish of fruit around noon and the bar waiting served you direct (this cost), but was very nice. Cabanna is yours all day and they let no one get in your chairs when you are not there. Great service for me, food was better than I expected and the breakfast was included in our rate. Make sure you do this as breakfast buffets in the Sheraton are $55.00 a person if you do not. You will use it each morning, very good and they change the food around. I am not a buffet person, but I found it very nice.

Have a great time,

Room Tip: get one of those cabanas......if you want comfort, ocean view and a little special treatment...worth...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank William N
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our First visit was fantastic. I will really recommed this hotel. Even my husband is at work Me and the kids we really enjoyed the place. Great Value for this hotel. One of the best sheraton we ever been. The staff are so friendly. The room is nice and clean. Food is fantastic. We are looking foward to come back soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Sheraton Waikiki. We had some trouble on arrival with our reservation being wrong which was blamed on Orbitz. We had two rooms and had to change rooms the day after we arrived but once that was cleared up we had a wonderful time. Yes, it was busy but I never felt like it was wall to wall people. I never saw another person on our floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The elevators weren't usually crowded and the rooms were very nice and also very clean. There were a lot of people on the beach (but it is Waikiki) and at the pools but there were never long lines at Peet's or Lawsons or at the concierge desk. The hotel location is perfect and we never needed a car. We did not have to be at the airport until 8:00 p.m. the day we left and they gave us a hospitality room to take a shower before we left for the airport. I would have no problem recommending the Sheraton. It was perfect.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend renting a oceanfront room overlooking Diamond Head. The view is worth t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rosemaried250
SheratonWaikiki, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are very excited you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you sharing your experience. We are happy you enjoyed the views of Diamond Head and the ocean as well as the friendly service. We know it is a long flight from Pennsylvania but we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Thank you again for your great feedback. A hui hou,
Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Busy everywhere you go, they extract every dollar out of you. Make sure you get an ocean view room ( if you can) as the city view is a car park or water tower. Ensure you are advised of the resort charge upon and check in and what it includes! Dont expect personal service or anything remotely like service just a factory with 18 to 20 per cent gratuity on everything ( hey I thought a tip was for quality service). If you cant get an ocean stay save your money and stay a couple of blocks back.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brett D
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is like staying in the middle of Japan. The staff are to busy to be nice as there are so many people here. Forget sitting on a deck chair and if you do there are so many people. Rooms are shabby, bathrooms especially. 4 star. We get out of this hotel as soon as we get up and spend our days at other hotels eating and hiring chairs. The foyer is like Times Square, busy busy busy.
This is a hotel that you definitely cannot relax in. Makes my first time in Hawaii a definite no no to return. There are far more beautiful hotels in the world and place to see rather than this place.
Sheraton, step up your game and clean up your act, I for one would never recommend this hotel to anyone unless I disliked them

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank kirisydney

Aloha and thank you for your recent feedback. We are very sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us. Though we, similar to Oahu, consider ourselves a "gathering place" where people come together and socialize we completely understand many prefer a quieter holiday. Our goal is to accommodate every guest to the best of our ability and we are sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any further comments or suggestions as we are always looking for ways to improve our service and our guests' overall experience. Mahalo again for taking the time to share your comments and we hope to hear from you soon,
Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team