“Personal property stolen from room!”
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Personal property stolen from room!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Extremely disappointed when my partner and I arrived home to discover that brand new items of clothing and an expensive handbag that we had bought were stolen from our bags. We reported this to the hotel as soon as we noticed that they were missing, and they claimed that none of their staff had stolen anything. We realised that it is a huge accusation however, our luggage was always locked and we never had issues with customs within the US and when we returned home to Australia. Absolutely disappointing and upsetting! Will never stay again as I would not feel comfortable!

Room Tip: Rooms are outdated and what is seen in the pictures is not how the room looks!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Diana984
SheratonWaikiki, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Aloha, you are correct this is a huge accusation and we would appreciate you contacting us directly so we can perform a full investigation. We do not tolerate theft and take these accusations very seriously. Mahalo in advance for contacting us at the email address below.
Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team
377GuestExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Victoria
Reviewed March 22, 2013

What an awesome experience we had here compared to the Royal Hawaiian a few days later! The staff here gave us a very warm welcome and honored our Platinum status with Starwood. The view from the room was spectacular! The view from the Starwood lounge was also amazing and we appreciated the convenience of this additional perk. The pools are much better than the Royal Hawaiian and it is possible to utilize the beach in front of the RH as there is not one in front of the Sheraton. The bellmen and car parking staff were jovial and helpful. They even bailed us out of a parking challenge that we had at the Royal Hawaiian because of the Sultan of Brunei staying there and blocking everything up with Cadillac Escalades, Lincoln Navigators, Merecedes not to mention the Honolulu police cars. How disruptive! We were graciously offered a late check-out at time of registration. All in all I was very impressed with the service, services and overall attitude and vibe of this well located hotel. I will definitely come again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirbowla
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel location is perfect, steps to everything in Waikiki and equal distance to both ends of Kalakaua Ave. All of my encounters with the staff were pleasant and helpful. Everything was just so convenient at this hotel, I didn't find myself stressing about anything. The parking was convenient, wifi was fast, and being able to come back and use the hospitality lounge to freshen up before my late flight home was amazing(this was offered to me at checkout, I didn't even know about it).

I've been to Honolulu many times and have stayed at 3 star hotels, the Sheraton is much cleaner which is why I rated it very good. Most of the hotels in Hawaii are quite old, just that the Sheraton Waikiki aged a little better than others. I would say that the hotel rating for the hotels in Hawaii are half a point below the mainland, if that makes sense. If I compared this Sheraton to the Sheraton in Seattle, the one in Seattle is a true 4 star.

I read a lot of reviews here and was hesitant when I booked, but I have no regrets. A lot of people don't like how the hotel is busy, this is true, but I like that lively feeling. The elevators are not as slow as everyone says it is, there are over 10 of them running the same time!!! The challenge was figuring out which one you were supposed to hop into before the door closes because there are so many of them. Soundproofing is indeed not that great, you can hear everything from the hallway inside your room and vice versa. I think this could be solved if the room doors were half an inch longer, the gap underneath the door is bigger than it needs to be. The standard room is spacious and clean. If people think the rooms here are small, they've never been to Japan, haha. The soap tray in the bathtub was metal and had a small strip of rust on it, I would recommend that the hotel pay attention to these small details and replace them when needed.

As other guests have mentioned, the pool is excellent. It was busy, but I was able to get two seats everyday without having to get up early. Maybe I was just lucky?

Overall, I was very happy with my stay at the Sheraton Waikiki and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The property has a nice location, but the rooms are very spartan and tired looking. Certainly not the same as the pictures on the website. Also, I used Starwood points, which in theory "reward" frequent Starwood guests. Instead my "city view" room was overlooking their parking garage. One of the worst rooms and views I have ever had at a hotel. When I asked to be moved (I had a morning check in), the "friendly" staff insisted they had no other rooms available. Very disappointed in Starwood as well as this property. Next trip, I'll definitely be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha and mahalo for sharing your recent experience with us. As a valued SPG Gold Member we truly appreciate your feedback. We have received the email you sent directly to us and appreciate your comments and one of our guest service managers will be contacting you directly shortly. Mahalo again and we welcome you to contact us directly with any more comments.
Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team
377GuestExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed March 21, 2013

On my first morning i went down for a very nice yoga class on the beach followed by a invigorating water aerobics class! Massimo and William were great!They were informative, helpful and encouraging. Some music would have been nice, I suggested that they could play a variety of music to please different people throughout the day.I would definatley recomend coming here it is a great way to start the day. They just need to advertise more to get more people out to the yoga class. Thanks Michelle

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wow what a stay we had at the Sheraton Waikiki, We were told before we booked that it is the only place worth staying at, in Waikiki and they weren't wrong!!! We had a Waikiki view room - OMG gorgeous!!! we could even shower with the view because the shower screen had a clear section at the top for you to look out at Waikiki Beach. The Adults only pool was a great asset - We saw turtles in the ocean from the pool - Just Unbelievably beautiful. There is great shops inside the hotel and you can get a Baskin Robbins ice-cream by the pool. We had a car and the parking was easy. Defiantly Stay here!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jud-and-Lish
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has something for everyone! Great restaurants, an infinity pool as well as a children's pool...pool tables in the lobby, a computer center...great location ... Great staff...the GM Kelly Sanders has done an amazing job. I have stayed here many times, sometimes in a suite and sometimes in a regular room... Both experiences comfortable and relaxing. . I highly reccommend this as a perfect choice for your time in Waikiki!

• Stayed March 2013