Sheraton Waikiki
$329
$300
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
Ala Moana Hotel
$450
$226
$219
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$204
$209
$202
$190
6,439 results
All reviewsinfinity poolrum firekai marketedge barrumfire barthe club loungeocean frontfamily pooldiamond headthe royal hawaiianpool staffspg goldkoi pondspg memberbusy hotelsea turtlesresort fee
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a week at the Sheraton Waikiki. We chose to stay at this hotel because of the infinity pool. The pool lives up to its reputation as a classy way to wade in fresh waters while overlooking the ocean in a 16 years old and up "adult" environment. (The kids' pool replete with water slide is next door.) However, the service level is fair to poor at best. More accurately, the operations level at the infinity pool is no better than any resort in middle-America. That is to say that there are limited chairs and so each day is a game to secure your seat in the sun. Either you need to get your name on a list and be willing to pay a premium for a special seat or you need to by get to the poolside at 7 or 8 a.m only to place a towel on your chair of choice before eating breakfast. By a few minutes after 8 a.m., you would be lucky to find an open seat that is not covered over in towels by seat bearers not yet present. Although the official rule states that reserving seats for no more than 2 hours is prohibited, in practice, it is difficult to enforce. I played the game and won my seat in the sun, but invariably each day there was some ensuing argument between a distraught hotel guest and pool attendant. Having overheard the arguments, it is clear that the hotel staff are not inclined to consider any more equitable systems for providing an overall improved experience...how about numbering each chair and providing a clock whereby the seat bearer can designate for himself the time at which he will return in order to retain such rights....the pool attendants are doing something similarly but seemingly ad hoc and without much effect.

But on a positive note, the infinity pool is quite a nice location for overlooking Diamond Head and bouncing around on an orange float cushion as other Waikiki beach goers walk on by. (Just make sure that you get to enjoy the float cushions before the styrofoam pellets all seep out into the pool water as seems to happen by 4 p.m. each afternoon-- another detail that seems to be overlooked by the operations staff.)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HiBryguy
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travel a lot and have been to many Sheraton properties. In fact, I just came from Sheraton hotel in Maui which was fantastic. When I heard about this hotel I heard they had a room with no window!! Can you believe it??in a Sheraton brand?? So I made sure I booked through a website that said balcony! And I called them weeks before to make sure they did not give me this crappy room. But today I checked in and ended up with a room with half blocked window!! OMG...I should of gone to a cheaper hotel with proper windows... The front agent didn't seem to care as long as I checked in... Don't book through Expedia orbitz hotels.com Travelocity rakuten last minute or any other website!!! I would rank this hotel one of the worst!!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank flyhannah
SheratonWaikiki, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Aloha and thank you for your recent review of our resort. We are very sorry to learn of your experience and we would appreciate you contacting us directly at 377GuestExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com so we can properly follow up with you. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed there between the 15th and the 18th of Dec. Nobody greeted us on arrival. This made us a bit unsure of where we were checking in etc. Reception staff sounded like per recorded dolls with fake smiles and all. Our room was dated and also had paint chipping from the walls. The whole place felt like a busy city as opposed to a quiet retreat.

On the positive side, we loved sitting by the infinity pool in the rented cabana as it cancelled out everything else that was going on around us. Breakfast was amazing especially the omelettes made to order and the pancakes. The beach is not so bad we liked walking on it at night as it was quieter. The poolside staff especially Chris and Makana had a great sense of humour. Logan was also very helpful.

Food was a bit of a let down, we tried to eat at the Japanese restaurant of which the staff were not very welcoming so we decided not to eat there. Food at the poolside was a bit monotonous and we found that food at Rum fire appeared to have a similar menu.

Shops at the hotel are expensive. If you must by the fake plumeria flowers etc then we found that the international market which is a short walk away was cheaper for touristy tack. There is also the tacky ABC store which proved to be quite convenient in the Shopping centre opposite the hotel.

All in all the buffet breakfast was always the highlight of my day.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Leylahni
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I recently stayed (peak season in Dec) at the Sheraton Waikiki but I probably will never stay there again. First timers may choose to stay at Sheraton Waikiki due to its location & Sheraton name, however, I thought the hotel was overpriced for tiny standard rooms with horrible service. Further, I noticed that most hotels located infront of the beach have beach chairs (Outrigger) for hotel guests while Sheraton did not. Basically, no advantage of staying on beach vs across the street.

Further, I noticed that the rooms are smaller than other standard size rooms due to the slightly bigger balcony. Balcony is great but if it means much smaller sleeping space, no thank you. You may have trouble sleeping in the lower floors as the Sheraton bar Rum Fire bump loud music till 12:30.

What's worse is the service. Maybe it was due to the peak season in Dec, the hotel staff seemed super busy. Few times front desk missed my calls altogether. When they did, they let you know they were busy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are very sorry to learn about your disappointment with the room and services, we welcome you to contact us directly at 377GuestExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com so we can follow up with you personally. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Prime spot in Waikiki. Incredible pool, bar & views. Staff is mostly accomodating, though none truly stood out. Room is spacious and clean, well kept and modern. In-room wireless Internet (15th floor) was average, at best. Kept going in and out. Multiple elevators, so wait-time is usually short. Definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends