“I won't stay again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 83 Hotels in Honolulu
Garnett, Kansas
“I won't stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Sorry but I did not enjoy this hotel at all. It is just too busy and too cramped. Good luck getting a lounge chair at the pool. Only if you get there by 8am. The pools are so full of people you can't even swim. Walking thru the lobby was terrible as it was so crowded you were always dodging people. We were charged a resort fee on top of the room rate of $25 a day. They are stingy with their towels. At check in your are given two cards. You exchange these card for the towels. Only two. When you turn in the towels you get your card back. Then do the same thing the next day. Don't hope for early check in you won't get it. They make you wait til 3pm. Rooms are large. If you book thru priceline you will get the worst rooms they have. The area in front of this hotel is very, very crowded. You can hardly even walk the sidewalks for all the people. Lots of restaurants and shopping. The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the staff. They were exceptional.

Room Tip: The rooms are getting a little run down but they are large. I have never gotten a view room at this...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sredheada45
SheratonWaikiki, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Aloha and thank you for your review of our resort. We value your feedback and are sorry to learn of your disappointment. We have shared your concerns about the towel procedure with the management team and they are working on a solution. We are very happy you were pleased with our associates and we welcome you to contact us directly at 377GuestExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com with any other comments or concerns Mahalo again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,013)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

To begin with I am very picky. I enjoy Class and the very best Hotels. Sheraton Waikiki is CLASS! and I also believe thevery best Hotel in Hawaii/Waikiki.
Best FOOD, SERVICES, STAFF, ALOHA SPIRIT, SHOPS on property. You must try the LEAHE ROOM on the 30th floor. WOW, not only the view but the staff. Michell is the manager with a wonderful staff which is extreamly professional Stanley, Henry. Let me say they have the most fantastic memory recall for your name, especially if your a return guest as I am about 15 times now.
Executive Office. On a scale from one to ten, they exceed well off the scale as the most professional I have ever had the opportunity to work with. Julie and Laurie, Kelly, I can't begin to thank your for an excellent vacation. Professional starts with the Top Down. Excellent job, one could not ask for more.
House keeping. Another interesting story. As I said I am picky. Found absolutely no problems here also. I requested early morning service and was never disappointed. In and out with a perfect job.
I amstill picky and I did in fact pick the winner. SHERATON WAIKIKI !!!!! Thank You.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Front of available. I personally enjoy the higher floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mill Creek, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

After spending 4 nights on Maui, my wife and I spent 5 nights here. We were disappointed. The room is a very standard room. The hotel is over 40 years old, and it shows. Some items have been updated, but others have not. I don't like being on vacation and thinking that I'm not really clean, because the bathtub itself doesn't seem very clean. The price you pay is for the location and the Sheraton name. We did not get consistent service (sometimes 2 sets of towels, sometimes 4, one glass or 2 glasses, etc.). Our room was "partial ocean view"....but it mostly looked over the city. We must have been right over the loading docks. Being from Seattle, we wanted to take advantage of the warm weather....but sleeping with the lanai doors open was difficult. All through the night we could hear truck horns and semi's pulling into the loading docks, and ambulances/fire trucks. I'm glad that I didn't spend my own hard earned money on this place and just used a bunch of SPG points. We barely used the beach....but the sunset from the infinity pool area was nice. Being that my wife is Japanese and I spent some time living in Japan, this was a great place to experience Japan while still being in the US. There is a Lawson Station in the hotel and many people speak Japanese at the hotel and the areas around the hotel. There is also a good selection of authentic Japanese foods like okanamayaki, ramen, sushi, tokatsu, etc.

Room Tip: I imagine that the ocean views are significantly better than the noisy partial ocean view that had a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank YokohamaHamachi
sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times but when checking in thurs we initially got a dirty musty room and housekeepersupervisor Karen was very nice and did get us a clean room. But I am overall disappointed at how space the rooms are and overal cleanliness of the hotel rooms. There are a lot of smokers and you can smell smoke down the hallway even though we are suppose to be on a smoke free room

Ms Leon

Room Tip: Great location but if you are looking for a great room this might not be the hotel for you
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel is VERY well located if shopping is your priority. The porter that brought our bags to the room was rude and had a terrible attitude. The room service took over thirty minutes to deliver water to our rooms and despite that said there is no guarantee that the water would reach our rooms in time... If shopping is not priority then this hotel is not worth staying at... there are several other hotels in the city that would be a lot nicer... The view from the ocean facing rooms are great... the bathroom has a kitchen sink in it with the strangest window!

The service says excellent in my rating only because i am not being able to change the setting!

Room Tip: If you really have to stay here...stay at an ocean front room with a king bed..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PSHighlight1234
Aloha and thank you for your review of our resort. We are very sorry to learn about your experience and welcome you to contact us directly at 377GuestExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com so we can properly follow up with you. Mahalo again for your comments and we look forward to connecting with you.
Seattle Metro Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Recently stayed in a mountain view room at this Sheraton. Avoid this side of building. First, there really isn't a mountain view. But worst, the noise from the garage was NOT enjoyable. Tour buses beeping in reverse late at night and at THE CRACK OF DAWN woke me up daily. Earplugs at night helped some but not always. If u r a heavy sleeper and get up early it might work for you. Otherwise avoid. We were on the 16th floor. A higher level floor might help with noise as well?

Room was nothing special but we were happy to have the mini fridge. The best Bennie was having use of the concierge lounge. Best view in Waikiki by far. I noticed in a local calendar photos taken from the lounge.

Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank MayasMom4Ever
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our first stop on our honeymoon (before heading to Maui and Las Vegas) and we really could not have asked for more. The room we had was ocean front on 26th floor – definitely worth asking for higher floor and worth the money for ocean front. The view was breathtaking, especially at Sunset. The room itself was very large and comfortable as well as clean at all times, only issue was the carpet could have done with a good deep clean, it didn’t look too fresh! The adult pool is great and always an available lounger to be found. The kids pool is good too, and has the massive advantage of having Baskin Robbins right next to it :-)

The facilities are everything we could ask for, but since we were paying a resort fee, I suppose they should be! We got the most we could out of the fee by using wifi on 2 devices, drinking all the bottled water they provide every day, using the phone a bit, getting our free photoshoot (well worth doing!) and spending our afternoons by the adults only infinity pool. We wouldn’t have paid $20+ per day for this but it’s the way things are with these resort fees now so just use what you can of it.

The hotel staff from check in, to housekeeping and everywhere else were always polite and very helpful and we were impressed. The restaurants within the hotel we only used one of, which was ‘Ingredients’ by the adult pool where you pretty much make your own lunch but it was great to have fresh salads and veggies instead of the usual heavy or greasy food, and it was nice to have our sandwich or salad exactly as we wanted it.
We spent the first couple of evenings down at the main bar Rumfire which is much hyped as the best bar in Waikiki. It’s OK I suppose, nice live music in the late afternoons, but nothing remarkable. One evening I sat for 20 minutes waiting for my husband without being served and it wasn’t that busy. I went over to the bar myself to get my own but the barman told me I could only carry one beer at a time (I wanted 2), so I said fine I will carry one at a time at which point he walked off and ignored me. I sat somewhere else and was then reprimanded by a waitress for moving to a different area! All in all, to get 2 beers, drink them, wait for the bill and pay it took over an hour. We agreed at this point we wouldn’t drink there again. There are far better bars over the road, and better beachside ones in other hotels (tip: spend an evening at the Shorebird at Outrigger)

Overall, I wish we had stayed in this hotel longer, we really did love it and felt comfortable and well taken of there. It’s in a perfection location with the beach on one side and the town on the other, you really don’t need to go very far at all for anything. Worth the high prices if you want something special and I would recommend

Room Tip: Has to be Ocean Front! And high floor is possible, as long as you're not unnerved by heights
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple