2 people have started booking this hotel
eDreams$131
travelup.com$145
Orbitz.com$131
4,283 results
All reviews splash bar across the street a pool view room waikiki beach heart of waikiki international marketplace partial ocean view beach chairs an older hotel pool side bit dated city view high floor pk hawaii lanai
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2019 via mobile

I would like to point out I have never written a review before, but I don't know want anyone to receive the same treatment I did so I am finally writing one.

My girlfriend and I booked a room at this hotel for our anniversary. When we arrived to check in at roughly 630 pm there was no line at the desk. Two staff members were working with two customers though. We wait for roughly 15 minutes. At this point there were roughly 8 people waiting in line behind me. A third staff member came out from behind the counter asked if we were trying to check in then apologized for the long wait and said we would be helped shortly. At this point one customer was finishing up. A new customer walked up in the important person line. As the first customer finished I walked up to the counter. I was told she could not help me she had to help the person that just walked up. I pointed out how long I had been waiting and one staff member had apologized. I was told I would not be helped and I had to wait in line. I returned to line and was finally checked in after roughly 45 minutes total wait time.

Upon check in I asked for two wine glasses could be sent to my room. I was told they could not help me with that and I needed to call from my room to the operator and request them.

Getting to the room everything was clean from what we could see however the AC was not turned on and the room must have been close to 80 degrees. Before leaving for dinner I called like I was directed and asked for wine glasses to be sent up. I informed them we were going out to dinner. They asked permission to leave them in my room which I gave them.

When we return from dinner the room had cooled off but there were no wine glasses left in the room. We were gone for roughly two hours. I called again and was told the staff is busy and they would be up as soon as they could. We planned to sit on the balcony, which we paid to have a nice view from, and enjoy a very nice $100 bottle of wine for our anniversary. We were forced to drink the wine out of either the bottle or the cheap paper coffee cups they leave in the rooms. Needless to say neither was a good choice and we choose to save the bottle.

Over all my point is the customer service of the hotel is extremely lacking and needs to be fixed. There are dozens of hotels in the same price range in Waikiki. We clearly chose the wrong one. Please don't make the same mistake.

Date of stay: October 2019
6  Thank JD H
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2019

Aloha JD H,

We would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologize for clearly missing the mark during your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to learn that we missed an opportunity to exceed your expectations and leave you with a memorable anniversary stay. We are sending you a Direct Message through TripAdvisor and would like to assist further. Please check your DMs at your earliest convenience.

We hope to have the opportunity to better your stay in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2019 via mobile

I stayed for four nights in September. The hotel is in a great location, a short walk to the beach, already on the main strip, and next to the International Market Place which has great dining options. The hotel itself is getting old but the staff make up for it, very friendly and helpful. The General Manager, Frederick Orr, was very professional and helpful when we had a small issue. Nice view from the balcony.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Peterw55712
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2019

Aloha Peterw55712,

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation! We're so thrilled that you found our location convenient for your stay and had a great experience with our team members. We are very lucky to have Mr. Orr as our GM! We hope you had a wonderful time in Waikiki and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. A hui hou - until we meet again.

Reviewed October 2, 2019 via mobile

I booked a room with partial ocean view and honestly, you could barely see the ocean among other hotels that were blocking the view. The room was ok , it could have been better , maybe a little renovation will help . The area by the pool is not that big , but it does not surprise me since all the hotels are next to each other and there is not too much room. They also charge $35 per day resort fee which honestly, it does not look like a resort , also $35 per day for parking . This is extremely expensive. There is a garage parking with many levels and many time you don’t even find a place to park easy. If I go back I most likely would stay at another hotel.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank diangeltravel
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019

Aloha diangeltravel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We regret that we missed an opportunity to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We will share your feedback with our management team so that we may discuss further and work toward making improvements to our guest experience. We wish you safe travels home and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights. Rooms could use some updating, but aren’t bad. Was very busy, lots of people!
We enjoyed the buffet for breakfast, as it was free due to being Marriott Titanium Elite members...otherwise it would have been too expensive! The staff in the buffet were very nice and helpful also.
We prefer a smaller, quieter hotel, but they did have some nice amenities such as a book room, fun activities each day, and live music each evening.

2  Thank lydiaw1
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2019

Aloha lydiaw1,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for your continued Marriott Bonvoy loyalty. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed the library, nightly entertainment and daily cultural activities! Mahalo for your kind words, will share your comments about the breakfast buffet to our food and beverage team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband again. A hui hou!

Reviewed September 29, 2019 via mobile

What a beautiful place to stay, 20th floor looking out to the beach!
Great location, very short walk to the beach.
Handy to the Dukes Market, a variety of shops, everything really.

Beautiful people.

Have stayed here many years ago and it is still just as great now as it was then.

Very relaxing sitting by the pool for a drink, lunch or dinner.
However, it would be nice to see the pool open a bit longer as it shuts at 7pm.

Would definitely stay again if I get the chance to come back again.

2  Thank cherylshere4u

Aloha cherylshere4u,

Thank you for your recommendation. The views certainly don't get better than Waikiki Beach from your private lanai on the 20th floor! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our central location. We hope to welcome you again soon, should your travels take you back to Waikiki in the future.

Safe travels!