12 people are viewing this hotel
Travelocity$131
Priceline$131
Orbitz.com$131
4,282 results
All reviews splash bar across the street a pool view room waikiki beach heart of waikiki international marketplace partial ocean view beach chairs an older hotel pool side bit dated city view high floor pk hawaii lanai
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2019

My wife and I paid for a king bed for our honeymoon 4 months in advance. We arrived and were told all the kings are taken and we would have to settle for 2 double beds. Are you kidding me?? They said check with them the next morning to see if a king might become avaialble. NOPE! They offered a king in the newer tower for $80/night extra. WOW! Sneaky way to get guests to come to your hotel. We lost the arguments and got stuck with the upsell. However, we did receive a comped dinner buffet (how nice). We will never stay at Marriott or Sheraton again (world wide). They should have given us the king in the new tower at no extra fees. BAD BUSINESS!!!

6  Thank NeverAgain2222
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Aloha NeverAgain2222,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We strive to deliver an exceptional stay to all of our guests, and are disappointed to know that we let you down. We do our best to accommodate requests whenever possible and regret that we were unable to do so in this case. We understand that your honeymoon is a very special trip and your time in Hawaii is precious. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and leave you with a better impression of our hotel.

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed here a number of times
It’s located centrally in Waikiki and has the old world Waikiki feel
It’s getting a bit tired unfortunately but apparently it’s going to be demolished and rebuild in 2021
It definitely needs a make over
But I have a soft spot for this place so hopefully the new version will retain its family friendly feel

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jas2011
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Aloha Jas2011,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you enjoy the central location of our hotel and we will certainly ensure that we always maintain the Aloha Spirit that we are known for. We will continue modernization projects around the property as we look forward to the anticipated project in 2022.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

This review is long overdue! My husband and I stayed here for a week last month. We normally stay at the other (“nicer”) Sheraton near the Royal Hawaiian and were disappointed when they were booked and we had to “settle” for this one.

Can I just tell you that the staff completely and utterly went above and beyond my expectations by providing the utmost in extraordinary service?? It’s been some time so I’m hoping to remember some of the staff by name. Here goes..

The two front desk ladies are spectacular! Love love love these two! Their customer service is completely outstanding and they made such a wonderful impression on us. They were kind, funny, accommodating and patient even though my husband made it a point to bug them several times per day (thanks for hydrating us!). Hahah. I believe their names are Erin and Sharen. I should have written this down. Both of these wonderful women have such a good vibe about them and truly stood out!! They made sure to it that our stay was amazing and it sure did work.

And a shout out to Gingerlee, at the egg station, who accommodated my strange request of cheese with a little bit of egg. Lol. She’s awesome and she knows egg-xactly how to prep your eggs/omelettes just the way you like them!

The hotel itself isn’t as pretty or fancy as the other ones. It’s pretty basic and tucked away off a side street. It’s still within walking distance to everything so that wasn’t a problem. The view wasn’t great and the rooms were a bit outdated. I felt like I was in the Brady Bunch episode where they went to Hawaii. But I hear they’re going to upgrade the rooms so that should be nice.

If you’re okay with a decent room, come here. The customer service from beginning to end is great and they know how to make you feel like royalty.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank traceec129

Aloha traceec129,

Thank you for sharing your recommendation and kind words about Erin, Sharon and Gingerlee. We will be sure to share your comments with them as we know it will make their days to know they helped make your stay memorable. We strive to deliver an exceptional stay and service to our guests, and it just overjoys us to know you had this experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Mahalo and safe travels!

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Just checked in to this hotel today from a Courtyard Marriott. Expected the service and rooms to be a notch or 2 higher. I was so WRONG!
1) Room - extremely dated, AC hardly working and much more smaller than Courtyard!
2) Elevator - Sardined pack, occasionally you'll have to wait in line to hitch a ride in an antique elevator
3) Resort Charge - Outrage fees with a bunch of BS items such as beach service which you have no idea how to use, GoPro can only rent free for 1 day eventhough I'm staying 2, oh and if you have 2 rooms book, tough luck, you can only rent one, what a RIPOFF! Many more ridiculous items but I'll save it for another day.
4) Service - This is the icing on the cake! fyi, I'm a so-called Bonvoy Platinum Elite, but they did a good job making me feel like a Bonvoy Nobody. Way to go, Bonvoy. Check in person was rude, one of my room was only going to be ready 15 minutes later and I requested for them to send the key up to my room when it's ready, he rolled his eyes and said no sir, they don't do that. I asked for a late check out at 2pm, normally as a Platinum Elite, I get 4pm easily, the lady at the front desk insisted that they can do nothing for me.
My advise STAY AWAY! I come here expecting a decent vacation, felt ripped off, belittled and for the value is not worth the price you're paying. Can't wait to check out of this hell hole...

Room tip: Don't bother
4  Thank ashman4827
SheratonPK, Manager at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Aloha ashman4827,

We sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate late check out. We do everything in our power to accommodate guest requests, but it is subject to availability at the hotel at the time of check-in. We regret that we missed an opportunity to exceed your expectations during your stay with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and leave you with a better impression of our hotel.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

We had a lovely time at this hotel from Aug 6th - 12th. We had stayed here on our honeymoon 21 years ago and always said we'd like to go back (with our 17 year old son this time). We weren't disappointed. The location is perfect. The room was spacious and clean with comfortable beds. We were in the tower with a balcony and a beautiful ocean view. We ate at the restaurant one night only as we were out and about but the food was great. We loved the pool area. Checking in and out was quick and efficient. We personally can't fault it. It's unlikely that we'll be back again due to how far Hawaii is from the UK but I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Guy at the concierge desk was also great and very helpful. Thanks for a lovely stay!

2  Thank JET1708

Aloha JET1708,

Thank you for sharing your recommendation and returning to visit us with your son. We hope you were able to rekindle old memories and make some new ones. We're so glad you enjoyed the beautiful ocean views from your lanai and had a chance to try our restaurants! Safe travels back to the UK, and until next time: a hui hou!