“Fantastic location”

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great value, fantastic location. We were upgraded which was really nice. The view from our ocean view room was amazing. The room was clean, a little old, but it we didn't spend too much time in the room anyway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Penny B
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Aloha Penny B and mahalo nui loa for taking a moment to review our hotel. We're happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki as well as the ocean view from your room. We hope to see you again in the near future. Mahalo.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,666)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for 4 nts Feb 16th in room 1094. Remnants of previous guest/housekeeper in the bathroom and on the bed (completely unacceptable) upon check in. My first impression was yuck! Room, bathroom and hallway is old and tired as mentioned many times in reviews which reflects the lower price in this prime location.

After reading all the reviews I knew what to expect, didn't plan to spend too much time in the room so the hotel served its purpose,this is 3 star at most.

Booked a city view room. Other than the expected city traffic noises I found the noise level acceptable. Maybe being on the Kaiulani St side on the 10th floor corner helped avoid the loading area of the hotel.

Wifi in room was reliable. Staff friendly. Resort fee is expensive if you don't need parking.

Room Tip: Only Princess and Kaiulani tower rooms have wireless connection. City view high floor to avoid loa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank lindy001

Aloha lindy001 and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We regret to learn that you found remnants from previous guests/housekeepers in your room upon arrival. This is not our standard and has been shared with our management team. We're happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. Please know that we value your feedback and will continue to make efforts to enhance the experience for future guests, including yourself. Mahalo again.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband and I. I read lots of reviews and spend months deciding where to stay. Finally Deciding to spend most of our money on activities on the island then the hotel it's self. The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice.
The room was a bit small and the bathroom needs updating, but other then that we enjoyed our stay there. The bed was super comfortable so that made up for the rest. We had breakfast once at the hotel and were very disappointed. It was extremely over priced and these selection was terrible. So we just had our meals off the property. For the price of the room and airfare we booked I would stay again. We tend not to spend too much time in the room anyway.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal L
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Aloha Crystal L and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We regret to learn that you were not pleased with the buffet offerings at Pikake Terrace. Please know that your feedback is valued and we have shared this with our management team. We're pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. Mahalo again for your honest feedback. We hope to see you again in the future. Mahalo.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I must start by saying this is my first negative review. It was simply appalling and people need to know.
This is a copy of the original letter I sent to Starwood Hotels- Owner of The Sheraton.
They completely agree!
Dear Customer Service Representative,
We were guests at The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani in room 483 from 2/4 - 2/10
Firstly let me say that the room was clean, well stocked, comfortable and generally the staff were pleasant and helpful. I am quite sure that after reading this feedback you will have to tend to agree, because no matter what the rate scale everyone deserves a good nights sleep. I have several short videos documenting the 24 hr loading zone noise. I am aware that this kind of activity is necessary to keep the resort stocked cleaned and functioning efficiently however the noise level in the room is simply unacceptable! The ridiculously loud beeping of trucks backing into the loading zone, which can happen anytime 24/7, even 3am on a Saturday and Sunday will awaken you abruptly. To add insult to injury there are employees and associates laughing and yelling amongst themselves. My suggestion would be, at the very least, to provide earplugs with an explanation and apology for any inconvenience. Possibly look into sound proofing the doors on to the lanai. Being unable to sleep on vacation is just flat out wrong!!
We did request to be moved and I offered to pay because we could not sleep. This was basically blown off without apology or any sincere concern.
Thank you for your time.
Catherine Bailie
The guest services manager sent me a courteous email but made no mention of taking any action, for the comfort of future guests, to suppress the shocking noise level.

Room Tip: make sure you are not in a room with views of trash area/loading zone and parking structure. I under...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank catherine b

Aloha Catherine b and thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest comments and thank you for sharing your satisfaction with our room cleanliness and our pleasant employees. We apologize for the dissatisfaction you had regarding the noise level. Thank you for letting us know that you recieved a response from one of our guest service managers. We have also shared your comment with our entire management team, so that they're aware of your important feedback regarding your experience. We value all of the comments we recieve and will work towards resolving any issues experienced by our guest. Mahalo.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is not a deluxe property by any stretch of the imagination.Its a little frayed around the edges and has definite problems such as no wireless in some rooms however..it is quite clean and very friendly and much more affordable than its sister properties across the street.You definitely want a room with a sweet sleeper bed as the other option is not good.The non renovated rooms are pretty sad and tired but again kept clean by a helpful staff.

Room Tip: Definitely book a room with a "sweet sleeper" bed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Aloha alohapeter and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback and have shared it with our management team for future improvements. We're happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our internet connection while you were here with us.We offer wifi in our Princess and Kaiulani wings, and we provide wired access in our tower. We do offer mifi devices upon request for those staying our tower. Thank you again for your honest feedback. Mahalo.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Rooms were older but housekeeping was so great! Anytime I left my room during night or day, I was never bothered by a "do you need service". Magically when I returned to my room, it was turned and stocked. I got placed in the older tower which seemed more run down. Bathroom was yellow tile with commercial toilet... Almost 1960's . Definitely needed an upgrade. It basically felt grimy even after it was cleaned. My friend had a newer room in the other tower. It was renovated but pretty long ago as well. At least the bathroom was more from the 90's. anyway, it had excellent proximity to the beach. Didn't feel as relaxing because of the grimy feel. Also filled with 90% Japanese tourists..interesting.

• Stayed: February 2013

Aloha dina n and thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We regret to learn that you didn't feel our room decor didn't meet your expectations. Please know that we appreciate this feedback and have shared it with our management team. Our tower rooms have wired internet only, but we do offer mifi devices upon request. Thank you for your kind words regarding our housekeeping team. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Hawaii. Mahalo.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am staying at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani with my grandson as a 6th grade graduation present. I wanted something in the center of Waikiki so there were lots of restaurants in walking distance but could not afford a beachfront hotel. This ended up being a really good option for us. It is right across the street from the beach and was very reasonably priced. We stayed in one of the cheapest rooms but it had everything we needed. The breakfast and dinner buffets are free for kids under 12 with one paid adult so a huge breakfast (which meant no need for lunch) was $24.50 for both of us. The property is well-maintained and I will stay here next year when I bring my next grandson.

My only complaint is that the check-in line was way too long. I am writing this review while sitting in the lobby and there are at least 12 people in line to check-in. The other day when I checked in, we had to wait a half-hour. They should fix this.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lizinrb
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Aloha lizinrb and mahalo for taking the time to review our hotel. Congratulations to your grandson on his 6th grade graduation! We're honored you chose to stay with us for this special occasion. We're happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki and that you also enjoyed our Pikake Terrace buffets. We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at check-in and have shared this with our management team. Mahalo again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again with your next grandson! Aloha.