“great location”

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great location,close to every thing, not on the beach but only a short walk. Staff in reception,bar,
and food service were attentive and courteous. Rooms are a bit small and dated but in a place like Waikiki who sits in the hotel. it's a lot less expensive than say the Outrigger on the beach.BUT
in the Splash Bar the food menu and the food are way below an acceptable standard for a hotel of this class and management needs to address this problem. Now I am from Australia and we do have very high standards in our restaurants and maybe I need to lower my food expectations when visiting America

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lunchdearboy
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Aloha lunchdearboy and thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. We're so happy to learn that you enjoyed your time here in Hawaii with us in the heart of Waikiki. We do apologize that our Splash Bar did not meet your expectations and thank you for your honest feedback. We've shared this with our team for future improvements. Mahalo and we hope to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,617)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Nice small Hotel. Its open and tropical and feels like the Islands. Perfect Location next to the International Market, Across from Dukes and the beach with shopping all around. Check in time usually takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hr. Very dissapointed in that. I dont want to travel that far at that expense and waste my time checking in. I still love the hotel but Im starting to shop for others based on the check in times.

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing Diamond Head
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cigars-in-Paradise
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Aloha Cigars-In-Paradise and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki. We apologize for the wait during check-in time and thank you for your honest feedback regarding this concern. Please know that we've shared your comment with our management team to ensure future improvements. Mahalo and we hope to see you again. Aloha.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! I was welcomed the very first day with a beautiful basket filled with fruits, juice and candy from Frederick Orr General Manager. I was upgraded to a wonderful Ocean Front/City view because of my Gold Starwood membership! EVERYONE..from the pool assistants to the bellman "Odair or Adair" were simply wonderful!
The cleaning service was fantastic! The ladies were all so friendly! I went to a day adventure and "Marsha Southworthy" treated me like a royalty! I even was taken care of on the bus ride! She actually came and talked with me when I was leaving to see about my road trip. You really do feel like Royalty at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani! The "Polynesion Adventure Luau" was breathtaking!!!! They have performed for President Obama. Royalty yes I felt like a Princess! Perfect location to the beach! The beach service was so cool! The looks of faces when we were brought fresh fruit and water was priceless!! WOW!!! I will be back to Hawaii and I will stay here again!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Didn't get a chance to hit the spa!! Next time!! My room was PERFECT! Beach, City, mountain view...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Aloha Luv1 and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki. We also really appreciate your kind words regarding our staff's aloha spirit. We hope to see you again soon. Mahalo.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husbund! Must say great location to beach only short walk to everything! The rooms are dated however the location & customer service made up for it! & really who cares when ur on holidays your out most of the day it's good value for the price you pay!!! Overall I would recommend this place for the value & the location most of all just across the road from the moana!

• Stayed: June 2012

Aloha Luv1 and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appriciate your kind words about our customer service and convenient location. Mahalo and we hope to see you again soon. Aloha.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Visiting Hawaii for the first time we were told to say at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and I am so glad I did so close to everything, fantastic customer service from the room attendant to the reception I had the best of help from Marsha Southworth The tour consultant who help my wife and I book our day trips while staying here she explained everything to us which help us choose what would suit us We would highly recommend staying Sheraton Princess Kaiulani as if we are able to come back we would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2013
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Aloha Josrulez and mahalo for taking the time to review our hotel. We're so pleased that we had the honor of hosting you for your first trip to Hawaii! We appreciate your kind words about our associates and we're very pleased to learn that Marsha was of great help to you - we're very lucky to have her on board! Mahalo again for your review and we hope to see you again soon for your second visit and many more! Mahalo.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I had an amazing time in Honolulu. The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani staff were great and helpful. I only have positive feedback for this hotel. Close to everything especially the beach! Thanks guys for the cheerful hospitality.

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear that you enjoy our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki. Mahalo and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were very impressed with the Princess Kaiulani. It's not on the beach, but the short walk goes by lots of stores and the reasonable service fee includes the use of beach towels, chairs and fresh pineapple at the beach and in the hotel. The location is very convenient to most of Waikiki and to the bus if you want to venture to town or to the mall. One surprise was the use of a shower and towels after check out. That was great as our flight was leaving late at night and we were able to check out of the hotel, leave our luggage, go to the beach, take a shower and clean up and go for a nice, leisurely dinner before driving to the airport. Talk about service! And the staff was exceptionally nice and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Timbre

Aloha timbre and mahalo for taking the time to review our hotel. We pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time here with us as well as our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki. It's great to hear that you took advantage of our Big Kahuna Beach Services as well as our hospitality room after your checkout. We hope to see you again soon. Mahalo again and take care.