“Perfect location and great price!”

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in an Ocean View room with free buffet breakfast daily. Could not fault the location of this hotel! Literally steps from Waikiki beach and right next door to the Market Place. The buffet breakfast is great - especially the waffles and the beds in the rooms are AMAZING. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a lot of value for their money :) Would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ness91
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Aloha Ness91 and thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us. We are so happy to hear you found our location to be perfect and for a great price! We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel soon. Mahalo!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Made our reservations back in March & when I went online before our September trip started reading quite a few bad reviews and was very skeptical of staying at this hotel. Well, I was pleasantly suprised upon arrival at how beutiful the grounds were and how nice our rooms were. Granted it is an older hotel & not lavish, but very clean & great service. We could not find our remote & after calling down to the front desk someone was up in our room with one in about 10 minutes. Then when I came back to the room late one evening, I could not get the safe to open & within 10 minutes they had someone up to the room who got it opened for me. I could not have expected better service. And the breakfast that was included with the room was wonderful, even had an omelet station, so our breakfast held us over until dinner, which saved us quite a bit as everything is expensive in Hawaii! The location was right in the middle of everything & I had a wonderful view of the pool & surprsingly the ocean as well. Would deffinitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors facing the pool will also get a nice view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SweetT125
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Aloha SweetT125 and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time and would definitely stay here again. I have shared your gracious feedback with our management team and hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel soon. Mahalo.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

As a top tier loyalty member in three major brands, I try to manage my stays carefully. If given this option again, I would not choose it over the others in the area. Let's start with the drop off/parking situation. No valet and no permission to leave your car in the drop off circle during check in...very rude and inconvenient. During peak check in, there was nobody manning (or even WATCHING) the SPG premier line area that had three signs posted for premiers to "wait here"...while newly arriving customers kept getting helped at the other end of the counter. The manager on duty barely seemed to care ("thanks for pointing it out" but no apology), leaving the signage in place without manning the premier check-in spot and he could easily have offered to get my luggage delivered to the room rather than make me schlepp around like a goat herder between parking garage, drop off circle and check-in desks. I've stayed here several years before and was hoping that some of the $6B Sheraton rehab dollars would have been spent here... nope, not a penny from what I can see. Room counters and bathrooms are at least 30 years old and the furnnishings aren't too much more recent. Breakfast buffet...why should we leave a fine-dining size tip (which is recommended! on the check starting at 15%!!) for a self-serve buffet!!! The cold coffee is already in a jug on the table, along with the sun-warmed creamer packs, and the juices are all self-serve as is the food. The only thing the server does is put the check -- that was handed to you by the hostess before seating -- into a folio. And obtw, there is also a cashier being paid to serve the point of sale function at the front of the restaurant. How many employees does it take to justify a $25 breakfast that comes free for elite loyalists at most other Sheratons around the globe? Speaking of perks, the "resort fee" includes everything that an SPG Platinum would get for free anyway, but they can now charge you for it by using a different name. Dont ask for a late check out either...that requires management decision even though it's supposed to be an automatic perk. Every employee in a management/deputy position should stay at a real Sheraton and learn from it...I will probably cancel my upcoming reservation to stay here again unless these issues are truly addressed... the game here needs to be raised a lot more before I will return.

Room Tip: Upgrade rooms are on the high floors, but the elevator wait may not be worth it if you need to move...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kauai-Biz-Traveler

Thank you Kauai-Biz-Traveler for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you. We appreciate your loyalty to our Starwood Preferred Guest member and offer our sincerest apologies for your experience. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Thank you for your comments about the check in process and our dining service – we would like to be able to correct this immediately. Mahalo again for your comments.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We booked our trip thru an agent and after reading mixed reviews I decided to give this hotel a try.. Big mistake .. First off on our first full day there we came back to our room to find that it was only cleaned half way ( no vacuuming, trash changing, toilet paper or tissue) I had to call TWICE for toilet paper and tissue because there was not enough to last us till the next day. Next night I realized my night cream was gone.. I swore the maid stole but 2 days later we get a call from the manager stating that the maid broke it, they offered to pay for it IF I decided to replace it.. Sure let me take a $20 cab ride to Longs.. No thanks! So i suggested that they credit us for it instead and they gave us free breakfast buffet coupons instead.. Which is better looking than the dinner buffet (which is better looking then the dinner buffet, Not worth the $36 per person). Then someone decided to go #2 in the pool.. so the pool was closed for a full day and a half but it grossed us out so much we did not want to go in after that.. Can you blame us!! Then I went to get us drinks in the little bar area, I went to pay for my drinks with a $100 bill and the bartender informed me she does not have change.. hmm a little hard to believe considering the bar was packed.. Is everyone paying with credit card ?!! I don't think so but whatever! So I went to get change from the front desk and was told if I want change I would need to get in the check in/check out line which had about 12 people in it.. Really! I just need change! overall was not impressed with the property and the service was not good enough to ever make me want to go back.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank April L
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Aloha April L and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am deeply troubled to hear of your experience and wish to connect with you offline. I have sent you a private message with my contact details so that I may follow up on your concerns immediately. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you had. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Mahalo.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I agree with others regarding the facilities and rooms being dated, including the carpet and old bathrooms. If it weren't for that, my overall rating for the hotel would be better. Focusing on the positives: bed was comfortable, service was exceptional and the location is good. It's difficult to find an extraordinary deal on overpriced Waikiki Beach, so good luck. But if you can stay here for around US$150/night for a standard room with taxes and resort fee, then it's a value for Waikiki. I didn't have a negative experience here, but it just wasn't outstanding.

Room Tip: If you need wi-fi, specify you need a room with wi-fi upon check-in. Not all the towers offer it...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Aloha tmpyne and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to found our service was exceptional and our location to be a great value. We hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. Mahalo.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My corporate travel agent booked this stay and, based upon others' reviews, seemed like a good place to stay since it was convenient to my meeting. Not my experience. The bellman when I arrived pointed me to the front desk - no offer to help with luggage. Isn't that his job? The front desk staff was pleasant and my room was upgraded to a beach view. Very nice touch...except the room is next to the elevator. The room is old, the carpet is dirty and the bathroom should be gutted. There is no stopper in the sink - great opportunity to lose contact lenses. The bathroom only has a shower, which is fine, with a shower seat. So dirty it is disgusting to look at! There are no amenities in the room - no hotel directory, no local maps, not even paper on the desk, although there was a pen. Lighting is limited to two bed side lamps. As a Starwood Preferred member I am stunned at the poor environment. Cannot wait to check out tomorrow.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank happytraveler1528

Thank you happytraveler1528 for posting your feedback from your visit with us. I regret that you were unable to address these concerns prior to your departure. We appreciate you sharing your concerns as I have shared them with our management team. We do have our hotel compendium with hotel information as well as our in-room dining collateral on our desks. All our other printed collateral are stored in the desk drawers. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations that other Starwood Hotels have provided. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we appreciate your loyalty to our Starwood Preferred Guest membership.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is in the best location in waikiki we think as was 2nd stay here in 2 yrs. We were upgraded to a ocean view which was lovely, we stayed here for 5 nites, then went to there other hotel sheraton waikiki, and this hotel is far better for the price and service and location, would definely only stay here when return, We have 2 kids aged 8 & 10 they loved the pool and while we having buffet brekie they could swim while we watching them. The hotel is close to international market place great restaurants, and macys a 3 minute walk away great shopping there, so would have dinner and then husband take kids back to room for bed and I would shop til 11PM at macys!! as is very safe to go alone, and beach just across the street and very safe 4 kids to swim low waves. Very comfy beds and great quiet a/c. Burger king and subway across the street maccas 1 block away and dennys just around the corner for great $4 brekkies. If you want a great family holiday in top spot stay here.

Room Tip: all rooms good
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jack1112_12
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Mahalo nui loa jack1112_12 for sharing your wonderful feedback with us! Our location in the heart of Waikiki is definitely hard to beat and we offer our guests a great value. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your time here with us. We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel soon. Aloha!