“Honeymoon-thank God for Maui” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Princess Kaiulani

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Honeymoon-thank God for Maui”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Honeymoon part 2. Part 1 was maui (awesome!!). Arrived at hotel a bit stressed due to heavy big city Honolulu traffic. Got to hotel, difficult to find parking structure. Ok we have 2 suitcases & 2 carryon. Theres No flippin elevator from parking structure??!!! In the huge parking structure there's only one and it's on the very top floor (5 I think), so screw u if there's only parking on level 3. Screw u handicap person u have to either roll down several floors or up to elevator. We didn't know where it was at the time so we took the stairs down. About level2 I lost the larger suitcase which took a spill down the entire flight. Did I mention it's those steps that are spaced far apart and not very angled? Broke my dang Honolulu cookies all up. Finally made it in and was upgraded to a partial ocean view for honeymoon. Very partial. Hard to believe it was an upgrade since the bathroom was filthy and the drain was clogged. Gross. At least the bed was soft. Go somewhere less congested unless u came to Oahu to shop.

sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
We regret to hear of your experience TrinaNbrian and offer our sincerest apologizes for the challenges you have faced while visiting with us. One of the main purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas of improvement and we thank you for your feedback. Mahalo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Spent my Spring break time with the family at the Sheraton Princess Honolulu. And, this was one of the best place I have ever stayed at. Apart from its great location, this hotel has everything one can ask for.
Customer service agents were very welcoming.
My kids and Wife enjoyed this place and had the best Spring break fun.

Thanks for making our trip an awesome one...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank martin_9191
Mahalo martin_9191 for sharing your feedback with us. It is great to hear that you were truly impressed and that you had a great time with your family here at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your story.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

A big Alooooha, all! :-)

I just returned back from a fantastic 10-day stay in Waikiki. My first ever stay at the Princess Kaiulani was a very nice experience. The hotel property is older, but a good value and, most importantly, the best location in town. The staff are all friendly and attentive. Rooms are a bit outdated though. I got a basic room with the back view (which I didn't really mind, because in my experience, the street view always comes with a big price - the street noise :-) and I used my room basically only to take a shower and get my 4-hrs overnight sleep). The Pikake restaurant is great (you must try their buffets, both breakfast and dinner - worth your money; my favourite was the dinner, of course, while you can enjoy a nice cocktail with the live entertainment next to the lovely pool). If I could suggest one area for improvement, that would be the internet service. I'm not sure whether that was just my bad luck, the bad timing, or my bad karma :-) , but I almost never had a smooth connection either in my room or in the hotel lobby. I was constantly cut off, had to try re-connecting every 2-3 minutes (that was annoying!) and the last 4 days, it was almost impossible to get through at any time (for that time, I was using the public internet access as places like outside cafés and restaurants).

I must mention one person who totally stood out from the rest - that is the Tour & Activity/Concierge, Marsha.

Her desk is right at the entrance to the property. Inspite of the ever-long line ups of people crowding at her desk, Marsha is an always friendly and smiling hard-working professional who is at any time ready to listen to you and give you her professional advice and direction. She is very patient, and she physically stands up and walks you around showing you practically what she tells you. I have booked a few activities using Marsha's help. Marsha is very knowledgeable about everything local; she is also a sophisticated world traveler herself (she's been on both sides), and she can related to all tourists' questions and concerns. She listens and helps.

Once again, Marsha, a big mahalo to you for your help! :-) . Marsha and the rest of her hard-working colleagues made my stay a very comfortable experience at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani.

Aloha oe.. until we meet again.

I will definitely come back, stay at this hotel again, and recommend it to my family, friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Ask question, communicate...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank VANWAAG
Aloha VANWAAG and thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We appreciate your time for sharing your experience with us and are so pleased to hear that Marsha from our Tour & Activity Desk gave you a great lasting impression. She has been highly recognized for her great service and appreciates you mentioning her personally. We hope to welcome you back soon. Mahalo.
Cessnock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have just arrived back to Australia from my stay in Hawaii. The Sheraton Princess certainly was amazing. I work in a resort so when I travel I have high standards, and this hotel exceeded my expectations. We had an ocean and pool view room and it was clean and spacious, being able to sit on your private balcony and listen to the music below made you more relaxed while being in Hawaii. It was very pleasing to receive a lovely fruit basket on arrival. Paying the resort fee was also very helpful, we had to make some international calls and being able to do this it saved us a lot of money.
The comfort of the bedding made for a restful sleep each night.
I would like to thank Naomi at Concierge she needs to be commanded for her friendly personality and knowledge of the area its lovely to have good service. Tommy and Marsha at the Tour Desk were fantastic they also gave us great advice when we booked our tours with them.
When I travel back to Hawaii I definitely know where I will be staying, it certainly contributed in making our Hawaiian holiday memorable.

Jordan and Olivia

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aloha Jordan and Olivia! Mahalo for sharing your fantastic review with us. It’s so great to hear our guests’ feedback and are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We are always striving to give our guest the very best service and we are so happy to hear that Naomi from our Concierge Desk was able to assist you. She has been recognized for her efforts. We hope to see you back at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel again soon. Mahalo.
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and overall, it was ok. I was only in town for 2 nights, so it was fine. I've stayed in Waikiki many times before at other places but got a great room/car deal with this hotel, so I decided to try it. A couple of things: I had a 'high ocean view' room on the 28th floor (29 being the highest floor) and I'd say those views should be categorized as 'partial ocean views', at best. The room was fine, relatively clean, had a mini-fridge, and it's an older hotel. The $18 daily resort fee was ok because it covered parking, which is at least $25/day anywhere else, beach service (chairs, water, fruit, etc.), bottled water in room, and internet. They said it included wi-fi but I could never find a signal on my iphone OR my laptop, so I had to use the wire. The hotel is centrally located and easy walking to anywhere in Waikiki. My advice, if you want an ocean view, pay extra and stay in an OCEANFRONT hotel. If you don't have a car, the daily resort fee isn't worth it, in my opinion. If you're planning to stay any length of time, you might want to try a privately owned apt - they are all over and very affordable. For short stays, this Sheraton is fine...I only wish they were a little more 'consistent' about their amenity descriptions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank travels4jen
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Aloha travels4jen. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your honest feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities that are included in our daily resort charge. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication about our internet service. We offer wired internet access in our Ainahau Tower and wireless access in our Princess and Kaiulani Wings. Our lobby area is also wireless. Thank you for your feedback so we can improved our services. We hope to welcome you back soon. Mahalo.
Aalborg, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

This was just super we can only say that this was a very nice hotel , service with water and fruit on the beach twice a day, we even had a room for an hour to get a shower before our late night flight home , we had a wonderful buffet with crabs and prime beef very good
will be back
Ulla and Klaus

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Klaus1870
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Mahalo nui loa Klaus1870 for your wonderful review. We love hearing from our guests and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Our Big Kahuna Beach Service is very popular for our guests and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. Thank you again for your great comments and we hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel soon. Aloha!
Saskatoon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel for 7 days. My husband and I are frequent Waikiki visitors and have stayed at a variety of hotels from upscale to low-budget types. I was quite pleased with my overall experience. The hotel staff were courteous and helpful. I usually make my accommodation decisions based on the bedding. I was not disappointed. Great linens and comfy mattress. The room itself was clean. The air conditioniing could use a little updating. The a/c did not have a thermostat, so you had to choose between constant cool air or chance opening the balcony door. We were on a lower floor facing Kaiulani Ave., which just happens to be the gateway to the ever busy Kuhio Ave and between the late night owls, the delivery trucks, the shuttle busses....you probably couldn't sleep with the balcony door open. My advice, opt for one of the other 2 towers (3 towers in total). In the end, you couldn't beat the location. You are steps away from the Waikiki hotspots - The Beach, International Market Place, The Royal Hawaiian Shopping Centre, Restaurants (if you are on a budget-Subway and Burger King are right across the street). If you have ever been to Waikiki, you walk to get where you want to go and usually you end up walking more than you realize. So its nice to be in the centre of it all. I would recommend the hotel to those who are looking for a clean, comfy, budget friendly stay. Yes there are pigeons pool side and quite often joining you at the table, but that's Hawaii. When you begin to get annoyed remind yourself that you are in Hawaii! Should you get a chance, you have to walk to the Round Table behind the hotel. Best pizza ever!

Room Tip: If you are staying in the Kaiulani Wing, opt for a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank F P
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you F P for your wonderful comments. We recently upgraded all our bed linens for our Sheraton Sweet Sleepers, and we are so pleased to hear that you found them to be comfortable. Our centralized location is very popular with our guests and we are happy that you found it be be convenient. Mahalo again for your great review.