Stayed several nights at the Surfrider celebrating a significant anniversary, really liked the place and would stay there again.
Location - right on the beach and central to the strip with its great restaurants (and shopping).
Hotel - a stunning, older building with the rooms being a little old fashioned.
Room - the beach side view was lovely, bed and pillows very comfortable, bathroom small and shower pressure a little weaker than I like.
Staff - almost all super-friendly and efficient with the best being those around the pool (Jilly really great). The concierge and the tour desk operator were a little bit of a letdown and could have been more helpful.
Pool - nice but on the small side (but then you've got the beach a few metres away).
Gym - pretty good but the best exercise was going for a run along the beach every morning.
Hotel food - reasonable but there are better places to eat.
Eating around Waikiki:
La Mer at the Halekulani - an absolutely incredible place with wonderful food, impeccable service and amazing views right on the water. This was our one special treat where we had the degustation menu, a fabulous meal (at a fabulous price but worth every cent).
Azure at the Royal Hawaiian - lovely Japanese/seafood restaurant and a step down in price from La Mer.
Doraku at the Royal Hawaiian Center - amazing Japanese food especially the sushi at affordable prices with lovely staff. The 'happy hour' (actually two hours) with a limited sushi selection is a particular bargain.
Duke's Waikiki - a very casual pub style eatery overlooking the beach. Good value for money and good fun in the evening. It was my first time for a fish taco and I have to say it was a hit.
Shopping - I am not a shopper but, if you are, then a visit to the Ala Moana Center is essential. Every shop and brand that you could imagine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu