$364
Official Hotel
$317
$270
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $301/night.

$215
$202
Hilton.com
$211
$178
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

Prince Waikiki(Honolulu)
$360
$324
LuxuryCollection
5,656 results
All reviewsbeach barthe banyan treerocking chairstower wingbeautiful hoteloldest hotelwaikiki beachheavenly bedolder partoriginal buildingocean viewold hawaiidiamond headnew toweran umbrellaheart of waikikiresort fee
Reviewed July 8, 2008

For our 32nd wedding anniversary we decided to go to Hawaii for a week. We are Starwood members and have stayed at many of their properties all over the world. This place is one of the most historic buildings on Oahu. Moana Surfrider has the most charming lobby and rocking chairs on the front porch. It's three buildings surround a banyan tree that is 100 years old. We got an ocean view room(Banyan Ocean) and our view was of Diamond Head. Fabulous! I have always heard people saying, "location, location,location" and it is true. This hotel is in the middle of everything, so if you want a quiet, secluded hotel, don't stay here. We are night owls, so it was great being able walk from place to place in the evening without having to bother with the car. It is within walking distance to dozens of terrific restaurants and all sorts of shopping. I had daily plans for us, but a couple of days we bagged the plans and sat at the private beach sipping tropical drinks. The restaurants breakfast was just OK and WAY too expensive for what it was. We walked down to the coffee shop next to the lobby for coffee and danish and dined watching the surfers. The lunch menu at the bar by the banyan tree is expensive but pretty good food- we were just too lazy to go anywhere else. I heard several people whining about the traffic noise- they had rooms on the city side, and it was more than they expected. On the day before our return, we woke up to the sound of what we thought was rain-NO, it was water pouring from the air vent in our bathroom. I called the front desk and told the lady it was raining INSIDE our bathroom, and she and the plumber were there in literally one minute. The guest upstairs had forgotten about running water for the bath tub, and whoops, it came down to our room. Before I knew what was happening the bellman was there to help us pack, and move us to a suite! The front desk clerk was mortified, but we thought it was funny. Just another story for everyone back home. This charming hotel was great, and we made the most of it. We'll be back one day.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank noworreez
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We stayed here over a quick weekend trip for my brothers wedding. We stayed in the main building. Of course, it is very impressive when you drive up and you can't beat being on the ocean. Room was a bit small, but well worth it to stay at a historical landmark in a nice Honolulu location.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Sander_is_a_Corgi
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I can't imagine a better place to stay. The lobby was nice but what really makes this the "place to stay" is the Banyon courtyard. The hotel is shaped like a "U". In the middle is a Banyon tree that is amazing looking. Around the tree, is the bar, pool and the retuarant - all with a view of the beach and ocean. You feel like your in Georgia. This is where we had breakfast and dinner and drinks.

Right in front of the hotel is a little private beach. You have to make reservations for the chairs by 1pm the day before and be there by 9am the day of to sit. The only downside is that if you leave for more than 1.5 hours, you could lose the chairs. Having said that, the guys who control this are very cool and give some leway.

The rooms are ok, nothing great but I agree with other reviewers to stay in the tower. We were in room 892 and the view made up for the room. We saw straight down the coastline to Diamond Head and I can not imagine a better view. You could hear the music from downstaries all the way up in our room but it was still worth it. The music was a guy playing and singing with a guitar.

Until the Pink Hotel is done, I highly recommned this place. Also, everybody that worked there were very friendly.

Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank renrel
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I always try to assume the worst so when I get there and all the complaints I read about don't exist, I'm even happier I stayed here. This place was wonderful. First off, you are staying on Waikiki so the compaints about the noise, get over it. Stay somewhere else if you don't want to hear the street performers.

I stayed in the tower wing with an ocean view and what an amazing ocean view and view of diamond head. THe room was huge and had a great but semi private lanai.

The resort is alive with fun and entertainment. Live music in the banyan courtyard area everynight. A great place to have pupu's and drinks.

THe pool is a bit small but with the space they have to work with considering it's right on the beach, it was fine. THe beach is within steps of the pool but is crowded. Once again, it's Waikiki so what do you expect.

I didn't see the other wings so I can't comment on those. The Tower Wing was great and I have no regrets. Waikiki is South Beach times 10 but was such a fun place. Don't think I would return to Waikiki but if I did, I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank se2121
Reviewed June 28, 2008

We really enjoyed Hawaii and the Moana Surfrider is probably the nicest hotel i've ever stayed in. It has the perfect mix of modern luxury with an almost colonial historic atmoshere. We had a superb stay. Everything about the hotel is luxurious. We were on our honeymoon and the staff couldn't have been been more helpful. We were offered a free upgrade to a room overlooking the Banyan courtyard. The rooms while not the biggest (its an old building) were spotless and very luxurious. Possibly the most comfortable bed i've ever slept in!
Location: This hotel is right on Wakiki beach and is within walking distnce to everything worth seeing and doing in the wakiki area
While the pool is quite small the fact that you are right beside the beach means this hardly matters. The hotel has its own private section of the beach. Even during the hight of the day the pool/beach area never felt packed- we could always get a sun lounger- not something i've ever experienced in Europe.
The food and service were excellant in the restaraunt with a very nice breakfast buffet. The food isn't cheap but then it is a luxury hotel.
The pool/bar area is a brilliant spot to sit in the eveings and watch the sunset. There is live entertainment every night although it tends to be Hula dancing or local musicians. Very nice but not really my sort of thing. One evening we took a sunset catamaran cruise from the beach directly behind the hotel- an excellant idea (two hours of free drinks and turtle and whale sightings for $25)
I can't recomend the Surfrider highly enough. If i'm ever back in Hawaii i will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple