This hotel exceeded my expectations. Check in was a pleasure with Pierre. After 22 hours of travel from NY, he was very pleasant and understanding and since our reservation was booked through a 3rd party, he said they did not pass on the information that we needed 2 double beds. After he searched for a partial ocean view room with 2 doubles, he was unsuccessful. He felt so bad, but he was able to upgrade me to an ocean view with 2 double beds!!! This view was amazing. Pierre was the nicest, most pleasant hotel clerk I have dealt with in years. What a great start to my hotel stay!
We stayed int he Tower section of the hotel, which is fairly new. It was beautiful. The hotel is extremely clean, spacious, the staff is all friendly, and it's in the perfect location. The outdoor bar has the best happy hour on Waikiki Beach and they are known for that. The drinks are spectacular and the bar staff is very friendly, attentive and fun. They have live music each day/night in the courtyard by the bar.
The gym is located near the Tower wing and it's beautiful. It's spacious and clean with a front row view to the main street, Kalakaua Avenue.
I didn't have a chance to go to the Spa, but I really wanted to. For $45 dollars, you can use the steam room, sauna and relax as often as you'd like throughout the day. They also have all of the usual spa services and amenities.
There is really no need to rent a car while staying on Waikiki Beach. The bus line is right in front of the hotel. We booked a tour to Pearl Harbor through Discover Hawaii Tours and they picked us up right out front at our scheduled tour time. We walked everywhere, to the shops (and the hotel is conveniently located to all of the high end, beautiful shops), the Honolulu Zoo, and along the beach to check out all of the other hotels on the strip. There is a giant Mall about 10 minutes by cab that was about $10 cab fair. We walked there, but took a cab back to the hotel. Apparently, this Mall is one of the largest in the country and yes, it has many nice, big name stores.
We did not eat at the hotel. There is a Honolulu Coffee Shop attached to the hotel, which was a dream. Every morning I woke up and went straight down there for my coffee and breakfast. They open at 6am every day and the staff is extremely friendly and the coffee is 100% Kona and delicious.
This is a phenomenal hotel. Very beautiful and accommodating and conveniently located. I highly recommend staying here while visiting Waikiki. This was the 1st Hotel on the Island, built in 1901, so there is a lot of rich history associated with this hotel. Absolute paradise and relaxation the moment you step inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu