Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
$236
$202
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

$252
$217
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

$367
$217
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$244
$199
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $265/night.

$329
Hotels.com
$384
$289
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
$277
$203
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
$468
LuxuryCollection
$705
5,563 results
All reviewsbeach barthe banyan treerocking chairstower wingbeautiful hoteloldest hotelwaikiki beachheavenly bedolder partoriginal buildingocean viewold hawaiidiamond headpool staffnew toweran umbrellaheart of waikiki
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The location and amenities are great but the sleep quality and the service from some of the bar/ restaurant staff was a let down.

The air conditioning in the rooms is very loud and made sleeping with it on very difficult but if you turn it off the room gets quite hot. It was honestly as loud as sleeping on a plane.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MattSmith1983
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked this hotel as it looked just wonderful in the brochure and on line. However, it is not worth the money. Yes it is very nice but the bathroom looked as if it hadn't been decorated or modernised since the 1950's. The hotel has a great location and is very quiet but it is very expensive for what you get. Not really all that impressed.

Room Tip: Make sure you determine whether you want to go into a Tower Room or Diamond Block
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southportsooty
Reviewed December 1, 2012

There are a few negative reviews posted recently; makes me wonder if I stayed at the same hotel because I had a great experience at the Moana Surfrider and thought it was a wonderful hotel. Their airport pickup (thru Roberts) was right on time, met me with a lei, and was the lowest cost option to get from airport to Waikiki. Checkin was fast. When I asked about late checkout they told me I could stay until 4:00 because I'm an SPG Gold member. The room was nice, not big but had everything I needed. The Westin beds are always so comfortable! There is a nice desk for work, fast internet, a minifridge (not a minibar) so you can buy stuff outside to stock it. No tub and the shower did leak but put a towel on the floor and no problem. Towels were thick, soft and plentiful. The Moana Surfrider is the oldest hotel on the strip and has moderized carefully while keeping a nice historical feel. I love the stairs, porch with rocking chairs, verandah, hardwood floors, the huge banyan tree in the back. There is a grand piano in the lobby with nightly live entertainment. Hotel is shaped like a horseshoe with the back facing the ocean, direct access to the beach. Pool is small but I just went straight to the beach. Workout center (fitness room) is on the second floor and can be a little hard to find the first time, but can be accessed 24 hours with your room key and is stocked with Life Fitness equipment (the best). There were 6 treadmills facing the street so you could run and watch the people go by. For running, you can go south to Kapiolani Park and have a nice run around the park. My flight was not until after 10pm, so when I checked out at 4:00, they kept my bags and I went out to the beach. When I returned they offered a "hospitality room", which was a regular hotel room they let people use for up to 45 minutes for no charge (I did leave a tip). It was so nice! Had a hot shower and got all cleaned up before heading to the airport. Overall I really enjoyed my stay. Only thing I didn't like is that they have initiated a mandatory $25/day "resort fee" for which they give a long list of services it includes. Most of them like parking and one photo a day I don't use, so didn't like paying for them. Would rather have paid $14/day for internet rather than now paying $25/day resort fee with internet included. (By the way, I love Sheraton and Westin hotels, but the chain needs to catch up with the modern age and offer free wifi in all hotels.)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kent W
Reviewed November 30, 2012

A good clean and tidy hotel,nothing really to boast about.I"m not sure of its rating but I would give it 3.5.Reception staff were friendly but I had to wait 20 mins to be served.My room was ready at check in even though I was a little early.Romms are very small compared to other hotels.House keeping staff were very good and always changed linen when asked.The only problem was swimming pool was tiny and to make things worse they have a female fun police officer.YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN IN THE POOL.Do not play with your kids in the pool,do not laugh or chase them in the water.You will be told to stop.The other drawback with the pool is some guests get there early and reserve more spots than they need.There was one elderly couple that thought they were at home because they would take a corner table with 4 chairs and also place towels on another 4 chairs on either side just in case they had the odd visitor and they were there all day.This happened every day.I informed the managment but they were not interested.The management should realise that all guests pay for these facilities.

Room Tip: Go to the newer part
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 2AYEARFROMNOW
MoanaSurfriderTeam, Guest Experience Team at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Aloha,
Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your experience with us. We do apologize for the challenges you had experienced at the pool. Given the size of our pool, we do have certain rules and regulations in place for the pure safety of our guests. By no means do we not want our guests to enjoy themselves. We have shared your comments with our pool attendants so as to ensure when assisting our guests, it is done in accordance with our Aloha spirit and customer service top mind. We are looking into the matter about reserving tables at the pool that are not being used. Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. We do hope that you’ll return for a visit, and if you do, please let us know so that we may oversee your reservation.
Mahalo!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Having had some great experiences at Westin hotels in the past, I had high hopes for the Moana Surfrider, but was deeply disappointed. Starting from the entrance to the hotel, where my aging mother struggled with a heavy suitcase on the hotel's front steps, in full sight of several idle valets who didn't offer to help. The room itself - the basic "city view" - was blandly decorated, with absolutely no natural light even at midday (the sky was blocked by the hotel next door). The room was incredibly noisy at night - there's no sound insulation at all from the doors leading out to the balcony. The in-room teapot was broken, as was the showerhead in the shower, which kept spraying water onto the bathroom floor. And, bizarrely, the concierge desk closed at 8 on a Friday night, so there was no help available for making evening plans.

The only positives: the typically comfy Heavenly bed, plus really beautiful public areas, and a great, central Waikiki location. But overall I don't think this hotel rises to the standards I expect from a Westin hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmoryB

Aloha,
Mahalo for your review. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations of a Westin Resort. We normally receive glowing reviews about our bellmen and valet staff, so do apologize that you did not receive such service. We feel this is an isolated case, so again, apologize sincerely. Relative to certain amenities in your guestroom, we do hope that you contacted our Guest Service Manager on duty who could either have the problem tended to, or perhaps have organized a room move for you. Also, in double checking the hours of our concierge desk, they actually are open from 7am-9pm daily. So, with them not there at 8:00pm is a concern.
Feel free though to contact a Guest Service Manager on duty at anytime you may have a question or need assistance as they are always available. Your feedback is very important and will be shared with those departments mentioned so that we can continue to improve on the services and amenities available to our guests. Should you require further assistance, -please feel free to contact us at 374guestexperience@westin.com.
Mahalo!