Having had some great experiences at Westin hotels in the past, I had high hopes for the Moana Surfrider, but was deeply disappointed. Starting from the entrance to the hotel, where my aging mother struggled with a heavy suitcase on the hotel's front steps, in full sight of several idle valets who didn't offer to help. The room itself - the basic "city view" - was blandly decorated, with absolutely no natural light even at midday (the sky was blocked by the hotel next door). The room was incredibly noisy at night - there's no sound insulation at all from the doors leading out to the balcony. The in-room teapot was broken, as was the showerhead in the shower, which kept spraying water onto the bathroom floor. And, bizarrely, the concierge desk closed at 8 on a Friday night, so there was no help available for making evening plans.
The only positives: the typically comfy Heavenly bed, plus really beautiful public areas, and a great, central Waikiki location. But overall I don't think this hotel rises to the standards I expect from a Westin hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu