This hotel is in the heart of Waikiki. That being said, yes there is street noise, and yes it is VERY busy. We booked a Tower Ocean View room on the 19th floor with Diamond Head views. Some have complained that the rooms are small, I can only speak for the Tower room we had. It was dated, relatively nice-sized, but the bathroom was small. Great view from the balcony. Street noise and noise from performers/singers both on the street and at the hotel will be an issue up until 10-11 pm, even on the higher floors. Our room was otherwise very quiet at night, but we had the AC on which masked some of the noise. I can imagine that the noise for rooms facing the street and/or on lower floors would be a big problem for any of the resorts here.
The pool is very small. I am more of a beach person so this was not an issue for me. I will say that due to the beach erosion on Waikiki, the beach here is now very narrow and you will be jockeying for beach space all along the strip unless you want to pay for a reserved umbrella at the hotel. Surf and boogie board rental on the beach just next door. Nice gym. Did not use any of the spa services. Valet parking very busy.
There is a very large Japanese clientele at this hotel (as well as most hotels on Waikiki) with multiple Japanese weddings everyday.
We enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hotel to those who want to be in the heart of Waikiki or for their first visit if noise and lots of people don't bother you. Almost everything you could ever want to eat or buy is within walking distance. Noise will be an issue, at least until 10-11pm every night. Breakfast is busy, but they seated people very quickly. The beach bar service is slow as others have said. Staff was very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu