Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
$179
$210
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $276/night.

$239
$217
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$384
Agoda.com
$244
$199
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

$450
LuxuryCollection
$645
5,568 results
All reviewsbeach barthe banyan treerocking chairstower wingbeautiful hoteloldest hotelwaikiki beachheavenly bedolder partoriginal buildingocean viewold hawaiidiamond headpool staffnew toweran umbrellaheart of waikiki
Reviewed September 29, 2012

What a beautiful place to stay. The historic hotel is located on Waikiki beach just across from the International Market Place.

Nice rooms with great views. Friendly staff with great service. I can see why many choose to get married at this hotel. Great outdoor area with live music and beautiful sandy beaches.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MoanaSurfriderTeam, Guest Experience Team at Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Aloha ,
Thank you for your wonderful comments! Many newlyweds choose to celebrate their special occasion at the Moana Surfrider. As the first hotel built on Waikiki beach, couples are able to experience the old Westin charm and create Moana memories. We look forward to your next stay at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

After staying here in December 2011 and being disappointed, we were comped an upgrade by the manager for a return visit. Stayed in the Tower section this time on the Executive Floor. What a difference! Housekeeping staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. Ocean view was nice, and the front desk personnel were attentive to our needs. The hotel is still a bit pricey (it's a glorified Sheraton) and I'm not sure if I'd recommend it to others, as there are better properties in town at a similar price point (Halekulani, Trump, Royal Hawaiian).

Room Tip: Avoid the historic wing. Rooms are small and noisy.
1  Thank kirrabob

Aloha ,
Thank you for returning to the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa. We’re so happy that we we’re able experience the true Moana Surfirder. As a Westin brand, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service and creating Moana memories. We appreciate your review and await your next arrival to the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I finished a three night stay at this classic hotel. Arrival was smooth as I chose to valet the car I rented. Upon entering toward the check in area, the line was quite long. I looked arond for the SPG Gold/Plat check in and found no one in line. I was greeted with a smile and welcome. I was burning some miles for this trip so I was no expecting much.

I had booked a King corner City View Room. We were given a room on the 4 th floor in the original building. I opened the door to the room and the door brushed by the end of the bed by inches. The room was that small. To see the view, I had to look from the corner of the window to see anything. Otherwise, the view was of the air-conditioning units on the roof. They were quite noisy. My wife encouraged me to go to the frontbdesk to see if there was another room.

I saw the same gentleman who checked me in. He glanced at his computer and said there was a room available but only twin beds. I agreed and took the keys to the new room. This new room was on the third floor of the classic building and was larger than the original. The room was facing the street and the noise was quite evident. Fortunately, we do not stay in the room that much but only to sleep. We headed out to explore the area.

The area is busy with people and cars. Lots or stores and restaurants in the area. We did not even try the beach as it was over crowded. The loobybarea was quite busy all time of the day. Lots of weddings gojng on.

Upon returning to the room, I noticed a plastic envelope on the desk. It contained eye shades and ear plugs provided by the Hotel. It was a good idea as our room was facing the street and the windows are not double pane. I assume they cannot change the windows due to the historical nature of the hotel.

The original hotel is vintage. Some people like the older feel of a hotel like this but I am the opposite. I should have gone over the reviews of this hotel on trip advisor but I did not. It is an OK hotel for it's location and I probably would have chosen the tower to get away from the street noise.

It is a classic hotel and has good qualities to it but I would do a few different things if I chose to stay atnthis hotel in the future. One thing, stay away from the street if you want to have a decent sleep.

Room Tip: The old building does not have double pane windows. The room facing the street can be noisy.
2  Thank John M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place is amazing you step out onto the back patio and you can just feel the history, I could see myself sitting on a rocking chair in the 50's with the ladies whilst the men where doing there thing. The rooms are just lovely, the newly renovated rooms are a bit tight, but really, who is there to spend time in a room expect to sleep. The beach is at your back door and there is plenty of room to lounge around in the sitting area toward the back of the hotel. Give it a go you will not regret it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Aloha ,
Mahalo for taking the time to share your wonderful review with us. We are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay. All of our guests love the rocking chairs on the Veranda. It allows you to enjoy a lazy afternoon watching Waikiki go by. We look forward to your vacation to the “First Lady of Waikiki.”

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is such a lovely hotel. Not only is it in a great location with the beach on one side and the shops on an other but the hotel is stunning and the staff are very helpful and pleasent. On arrival we checked in but I wasn't keen on the room as I expected a similar room to what we had previously stayed in. I expressed that we would like to change and even though they were very busy due to a holiday. They did there upmost to satisfy our needs and moved us in to a better room. We got married in the White Chapel inside the hotel. This is the most amazing chapel. It had crystal white floors and ceilings with a view of the ocean. Once again the staff were great and made my special day go perfect. I would reccomend anyone to have their wedding there. The food and drinks can be a little expensive but this is expected in a hotel like this. There is still plenty of places to eat and drink outside the hotel which are in walking distance. We managed to get a deal that included breakfast. It is great with a wide selection on fruits, pastries and hot food. There are lots of watersports on the beach including canoeing, surfing etc. There were even lots of green turtles swimming right by us infront of the hotel. The Honolulu Zoo is a 10 minute walk and the markets are opposite it. I will be going again :)

Room Tip: Partial ocean room is a great room. Ask for two double beds as the rooms are usually larger!

Aloha ,
Thank you for sharing your amazing experience! We are delighted you had such a memorable stay at the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa. We would like to congratulate you both on your new life together! We’re so honored to be a part of such a memorable occasion. We look forward to your return to the Moana Surfrider to celebrate your first anniversary. We really appreciate your comments.