Queen Kapiolani Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$189
$254
$209
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$204
$420
$336
Hotels.com
1,599 results
All reviewshonolulu zoodiamond headacross the streetlouvered windowswaikiki beachkapiolani parkquiet end of waikikibell deskpool deckjunior suitean older hotelcity viewcorner roomthird floorvalet parkingbit datedsmall balcony
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at Queen Kapiolani Hotel Sep 2-5, 2013.

The wi-fi was not working in the rooms so to use wi-fi, guests had to come down to the first floor main lobby. I had stayed here three years ago and wi-fi was also not working then. Can't Queen Kapiolani Hotel get their act together and offer wi-fi in the rooms?

I wished the hotel had been forthright and mentioned the fact that wi-fi was not working so I could have chosen a different hotel. This is United States but this was like being in a third rate country.

sn

Room Tip: Corner room seems to be the best
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Ron K, General Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and we are truly sorry that WIFI was only available in the public areas such as Lobby, 2nd and 3rd floor. The wonderful news is that we have contracted with a new provider and our WIFI service to the rooms is far superior to what we had in the past. We have been online for the past week and are getting tremendous response on the connectivity and service.

Again, please accept my most humble apology and if I may be of service during your next visit, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We are currently in house and already wanting to leave after one night. Staff are rude, unfriendly and very unhelpful. Our 'Partial Ocean View' room is actually just a view of the pool which is full of loud and screaming kids for most of the day making it hard to relax on our extremely dirty balcony.

We are returning guests to the hotel and stayed last year year for a week in a City View room which was great. Unfortunately our second stay will definitely be the last!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Allyvia

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and we would like to sincerely apologize for the reception at the Front Desk. It is my understanding that the Front Office
Manager was able to assist you the following day and that you were moved to better accommodations.

As a returnee, it is important for us to take care of you, since you made the choice to stay with us based on past experiences. It was unfortunate that we were not able to take care of you from day one and we would like to definitely take care of you on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to give me a call on your next visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this hotel. Very close to the beach, right next to the zoo which is on the quiet end of Waikiki. I stayed on the 15th floor where they had awesome windows that let in the tradewinds !!!!! Older hotel but clean. Great elevators....never had to wait !!!! I would go back in a heartbeat !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a corner room to take advantage of the awesome windows !!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Teners83
Ron K, General Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Aloha!! Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and we are so glad that you LOVED the Queen Kapiolani Hotel like we do. As many of our guest have expressed, the location is terrific at the quiet end of Waikiki, minutes away from world famous Waikiki Beach with amazing views of iconic Diamond Head.

It was wonderful to hear that while we are a older hotel, you found it clean with great elevators that were fast and efficient. Not to mention the cooling tradewinds that you experienced on the 15th floor.

If I may assist you in booking your next visit to our beautiful island, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I've always loved the south end of Waikiki and the QKH is now my favorite place to stay in the area.

ROOMS AND VIEW:
I highly recommend any of the suites, I know that all of the one-bedroom suites are on the top floor (19) and I believe the junior suites are as well. My city view one-bedroom suite (1901) had a partial ocean view from its huge wrap-around balcony (I believe all suites have this). And once the sun went down, I think the view on the city side was nicer anyhow.

Suite was equipped with refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker, toaster, plates, glasses and utensils. Nice flatscreen TVs in both rooms. There was one full bathroom and one half-bath with a large vanity.

For ocean view rooms (like 1910 and I think 1914), you don't have a completely unobstructed view of the ocean (not "ocean front") as there are a few buildings in the way to the north. From October through March you'll have a full or partial view of the sunset from the oceanview rooms. Sunset views are most unobstructed in late December. From April through September it will be hidden by the buildings to the north. You'll generally have a better ocean view from about floor 15 up, as that gets you over one of the adjacent buildings closer to the water. In any event, all rooms on the south side of the hotel seem to have a clear unobstructed view of Diamond Head and Kapiolani Park, beautiful.

PARKING:
I recommend the garage about a block away at the Waikiki Banyan - 15 usd/day with unlimited in/out. There's also a 80 usd/week rate.

SERVICE:
Great, staff was very accommodating, also helped out with a lost credit card issue.

All in all a superb experience!

Room Tip: Any of the one bedroom suites. Sunset views run October through March, outside of that they're hidden by buildings to the north. All rooms on south side of property seem to have a great view of diamond head and the park, and many of those will have a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Ron K, General Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and we certainly do appreciate your comments. We certainly do agree with you that this end of Waikiki is the best, minutes away from famous Waikiki Beach with beautiful views of iconic Diamond Head.

As you have discovered, our suites are very reasonable and offer tremendous value. For the wonderous view and great amenities, it is a great experience for the price. It was also wonderful to hear that the Staff was great and accommodating, helping you out with a lost credit card issue.

If I may be of assistance during your next visit, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Enjoyed staying there in the first week of July. A perfect location with a great view of the Waikiki beach. Zoo across the street and waikiki attractions being at walking distance makes this hotel a great one. Free WIFI was a relief ! The staff members were friendly and accommodating, overall a good value for money in Waikiki !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NepalPankaj
Ron K, General Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and we truly appreciate your comments. As many of our guest have stated, we feel our location is tremendous, a few minutes from world famous Waikiki Beach with fabulous views of iconic Diamond Head.

It was wonderful to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating and that Queen Kapiolani Hotel was great value for the money. That you appreciated the free WIFI in the common areas and what is more wonderful is that as of today, we have WIFI in the guest rooms.

If I may be of assistance during your next visit, please do not hesitate to give me a call.