Queen Kapiolani Hotel
Agoda.com
$313
Hotelpower.com
1,588 results
All reviewshonolulu zoodiamond headacross the streetlouvered windowswaikiki beachkapiolani parkquiet end of waikikibell deskpool deckjunior suitean older hotelcity viewcorner roomthird floorvalet parkingbit datedsmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2012

It was our first time together in Hawaii with my partner and I, and our experience here was really worthwhile in regards to three things, price, location and staff. We recommend this hotel to anyone that wants trustworthy people at your service. Definitely made our stay that much better.
And a special thanks to Kawika and Dustin who helped us out a lot! Hopefully see you guys soon!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great location at the end of the strip and only 2 blocks to the beach. Our room on the 12th floor looked to be recently updated and was quite clean and nice. We also had an awesome view of Diamond Head looking out over the zoo. The staff was nice ,the bell desk, Kawika in particular was very friendly and helpful as were the valets. We visit our daughter at the university a couple of times a year and like this hotel the best we've found so far for value and location in this price range.

Room Tip: Our view of Diamond Head was as spectacular as an ocean view in my opinion.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob P
Reviewed November 27, 2012

i stayed at the QK earlier in the year in a diamond head room and we thought it was great. However, being a first time visitor to Hawaii, we met a lot of locals, street performers, beggars etc as you do when walking up and down the strip. We told one of them we were staying at the QK. We never gave him our phone number however he would call reception morning and night and be put through to our room and left us at least 2 voice messages per day. we asked reception to not put anymore calls through to our room but they ignored our request and he would keep calling. it became a stressful holiday with some crazy guy practically stalking us. Like i said, i enjoyed the hotel but was terribly disappointed by the service. We coming back to waikiki soon and unfortunately will be taking our business elsewhere this time. Unfortunate considering the great location, views and room size.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ron K, General Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Aloha! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences and we truly apologize
for not screening your calls or informing you that the room telephones have a "do not disturb" feature that you can activate from your telephone in the room. By activating this feature you would have eliminated any calls and not be bothered.

It was wonderful to hear that you appreciated the great location with the amazing views of Diamond Head and that you were happy with the cleanliness and room size. In regards to telephone privacy, our new switch and in room telephones will provide all the features needed
for a very private vacation experience.

Please let us know how we can assist you on your next visit and I would be honored to personally assist you in your booking. Please give me a call or drop me a line.

Mahalo,
Ron

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I stayed at this Hotel for 10 days. First thing, we had requested a higher floor and we were given a 6th floor room. The room looked old and tired. Drapes were ripped and dirty, ceiling had little pieces falling off every so often. The whole room was just tired looking. All was not bad though, the staff were nice, breakfast buffet was good and a reasonable price, close to the Beach and Zoo and at the quiet end of Waikiki. I would give this Hotel another chance, we may have just received a lemon of a room this time.
To the owner of this Hotel. You have a Grand Old Lady here, fresh paint, new drapes, carpet and furniture and your Guests reviews would take you into a far higher position and better reputation.

Room Tip: Take a good look around before accepting the room, no matter how tired you are.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brock D
Ron K, General Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Aloha! Thank you very much for sharing your experiences and please accept our most sincere apology for not fulfilling your expectations. Our goal is not to be just okay, for we want to impart a wonderful experience from the Queen Kapiolani Hotel.

We definitely want to improve the appearance of the rooms and are embarking on a number of room upgrades, such as replacing drapes and upgrading the furniture package.

It was nice to hear that the staff were nice and you enjoyed our Restaurant, not to mention the
wonderful view of Diamond Head as you dine. Being close to Kapiolani Park and world famous
Waikiki Beach at the quiet end of the strip is definitely a benefit.

Again, please accept our humble apology and if I can personally assist you in regards to your
next visit, please let me know.

Mahalo,
Ron

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the Queen Kapiolani with my family in October 2012. I found the hotel nice for the price and very clean. All of the staff was very courteous and helpful(it's a pleasure to see customer service taken seriously). The elevators were still being worked on but nothing that was a problem. The hotel is very close to the beach and the ABC store.

This was my first time in Oahu and I'm glad that I stayed at this hotel, because a bad hotel stay can mean a bad vacation. I would recommend this hotel especially to first timers to Oahu.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family