“Will never stay here AGAIN” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pagoda Hotel

Pagoda Hotel
Ranked #66 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
maui, hawaii
“Will never stay here AGAIN”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

Stayed here for one night and couldn't wait to check out and leave. The walls are paper thin, we could hear the neighbors converstion clear as day. Curtins were slashed, carpet had many stains and very dusty, I didn't want to walk on the carpet bare foot. Tiles in the bathtub was chipped and bath towels are paper thin and doors don't lock properly. Hotel is in dire need of an upgrade. I would rather sleep in my rental car than stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank mauigirl51972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2010

I would rather sleep in a dumpster before i go back to this hotel wat a dump.
First night we arrived we had been bitten with bed bugs all over, then the next day we woke up and noticed mold,mold,mold everywhere in the air conditioning. We were moved the next day to another unit which was still in bad shape.
Resort managers after being advised of our situation of being bitten all night by bed bugs, told us "we did all we could for you". R u kidding me all they did was move us to another room lol..... After that i asked what about being bitten by bed bugs and the mold in the a/c unit. the managment teams response was "Our insurance company will handle it". WOW i can tell that these managers are use to pushing the buck on somone else instead of stepping up and taking the heat, (you might as well have kids run the hotel). On top of that no apology was said. NO WONDER THIS REOSRT HAS BAD REVIEWS, I WISH I LOOKED AT THIS BEFORE STAYING, I hired an attorney to fight for me in regards to their poor service and neglect for my concerns and issues i encountered. WHAT A SAD HOTEL.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank nlm1love

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Palmer Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

Do not stay on the annex across street, low class dump. We mistakenly booked a room with kitchenette. DON'T. Main hotel tower is tolerable if you are keen on saving money. Good location, close to shopping, reasonable wak to beach. Locals stay there because of big local discount. We were greeted at entrance by a disabled man in wheel chair, with his pants down to his knees showing his diaper! (not staff, but not cool) Staff was very friendly & helpful with directions. This place is hard to find, as street signs are little in Waikiki and impossible to see at night. We cancelled a later reservation and paid another 30 bucks for a major upgrade on the beach. Would only reccomed if you only want to crash and don't care about comfort or updated carpet. Tower rooms had basics, but carpet was rippled and needed replacing throughout. Windows dirty, but baths seemed clean. Towels suck, thin. I would pay more for a remodeled room with new carpet, paint and some decant towels.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ProgunAk
Anaheim, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

When we checked in the front desk agent (haole girl) not friendly, basically "give me your money, here is your keys! Bye". They put us across the street in The Terrace which I nicknamed "The Terrible'. The building was very rundown with old carpeting, damage to the elevator door and in bad need of paint. The elevator door closes so quick we barely got in before being crushed. The rooms are horrible. Each room door is a different color. Very thin carpeting in the room like walking on concrete. Blankets with burn holes, old beds and a microwave from the 70's. And my wife got bit by something three times our last night while sleeping . The shower water changes every five seconds, really cold suddenly real hot!! Housekeeping also went through the drawers and took some of the souvenir brouchers we had and sugar packets we had gotten for coffee. And the ice machine is across the street in the main hotel area, there is not one in the terrace. How stupid is that!!! We saw the Honolulu Police parked in front of the building several times. I would rather sleep in a tent on the beach and bath in the ocean than stay there again. If you are thinking about staying at the Pagoda Hotel---- DON'T !!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank drpepperdon
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

pagoda hotel is situated in neither the main tourist area nor business area, yet convient to both. easy access via hwy or nimitz from the airport. within minutes walking of the ala moana mall/wal-mart/sam's club/starbucks. or, for a nice meal, onsite pagoda restaurant is very nice. hotel has friendly staff, on site mini-mart and pool. off street parking available at nominal fee. for those who don't mind walking, you can walk to waikiki beach or the main shopping (tourist) streets. rooms have fridge & coffee pot. i visit hawaii generally every 6 to 8 weeks & always stay at pagoda.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Beaufort, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband, 6-year-old niece, and I had reservations here for a room with 1 queen and 1 twin. When we arrived after our 20-hour voyage to Hawaii, I signed in, very tired, and went to the room, where they had mistakenly given us just 1 queen-size bed. My growing niece kicks a lot and needs her own bed. When I went to the front desk, the receptionist (a male) listened and rudely, without saying anything, snapped out the sheet where I had signed for the room and pointed to my signature. He was implying that since I had not bothered to check what I had signed, he wasn't obligated to correct our room. Offended, I explained the situation to him and showed him a printout of our reservation. He glared at me and grumbled. Then I asked to speak to his manager. A girl came and corrected our room, upgrading us to one with 4 beds for the same price as our reservation. When we entered our room, the carpet was nearly paper thin and filthy. For all 7 days, the hallway smelt like marijuana. My sister, who lives on the island, told me that the Hawaii State Immigration puts immigrants up at this hotel during their processing and that head lice was rumored in this hotel. Our room had a full kitchen, and judging our neighbors, I think some of them were living there. At the main complex, the pond with the carp that used to be nice and clear in the 1980s had so much green algae that you could barely see the fish. I was surprised the fish were able to move in it! The hotel probably wouldn't know if the fish were dying because they can't see the fish anyway unless they swim to the surface for air. Once a nice hotel, the Pagoda has now gone to the dogs. The male receptionist shocked me and offended me. I wouldn't stay here again for anything.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank Skyanne
Syracuse
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2009

It's an old dump...there...I said it. The place is filthy and run down. My feet got dirty from the carpet, the room and hallways smelled old, there was blood on my sheets...no hot water. Worst of all....nobody cared when I complained! The service was so bad...with an attitude of..."we've got your money...now what are you going to do".

Never...ever....stay here!!!