“Look out for the bugs” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pagoda Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pagoda Hotel
Ranked #66 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Texas
“Look out for the bugs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2004

We stayed one night at the Pagoda Hotel and the remainder of our 7 nights at the Pagoda Suites. The first night was okay but the remainder of our stay was on the lower level beside the gate of the Pagoda Suites across from the main lobby. We had plenty of room for 5 people but the noise from people going in and out of the gate all night kept some of us awake. We also had some large roaches in the kitchen. They told us they have people coming to spray but not while we were there. The TV would not work properly but they eventually brought us another one after two tries to fix it. For the money, it was okay but if I had to do over again, I would stay the whole time across the street.

• Stayed July 2004
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nancetraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2004

Staying at the Pagoda is like staying with relatives who aren't the best house keepers. The rooms are mostly clean, but not to mainland standards. The locals swear by this place, at least my wife does. Everyone I met there, both staff and guest were more open and down to earth than the other big hotels on the strip. I go to Hawaii to relax and enjoy life as the Hawaiians do. Having fun can sometimes be a little noisy. The Pagoda has a very good security force who are also very low key. I have always felt safe. Use common sense about your valuables. The food is fantastic, especially the dinner buffet. I will stay there again. Locals from the outer islands are the bread and butter for this property. Enjoy the chance to see real Hawaii. Aloha!

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2004

With my husband, my 2 young children and my mother in tow, we arrived in the hotel (terrace side) only to find a broken airconditioner and a ceiling fan desperately in need of an upgrade. To make things worse, you can not open any of the windows. The walls were bare, painted cream which made the room very dark- even with all the lights on. It did not look like any of the pictures that they advertised. The paint in the bedroom was peeling. The bathroom smelled and the bedsheets were soiled. The noise outside the hall was unbearable. We were scared to even go to sleep. We had no choice but stay that one night and were very lucky to find accommodations somewhere else. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Please give this hotel an extreme makeover.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Lake Mary Fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2004

My experience at the Pagoda hotel (tower side) was not a very good one. I would definentley avoid staying there again. The room was very dusty and there were people who lived there long term ( it seemed like) hanging outside our room and in the halls at all hours of the night and day. In the middle of the 2nd night I heard someone in the hall screaming and arguing with someone for about an hour straight! I felt very nervous for most of my time at the hotel.

2 Thank Tennisfamily808
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2004

I live in Honolulu, and stayed at the hotel recently when my condo was being remodeled. The rates are reasonable, and the rooms have been upgraded, to include a microwave and small refrigerator. It's a great hotel for people who don't want to be in the tourist ghetto of Waikiki; the restaurant (especially the buffet) and lounge are popular with locals. The staff is friendly, if not always efficient. I have friends from the mainland who won't stay any place BUT the Pagoda. They don't want to be in the tourist ghetto of Waikiki, and love the 24-hour Korean restaurant just across the street.

5 Thank ariana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2004

This will be my 3rd time staying at the pagoda. Yes if you stay at the hotel side it is much better then the other side across the street.
People do live on the other side because it's cheaper than renting a house in Hawaii. The staff is friendly. If I felt it was not a good or safe placce to stay I would not be staying their again for a 3 time.
It's a popular place with the locals. They have a great restaurant with great tasting food gotta try it even if you are not staying there.

maui, hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2003

A bunch of us were going to Oahu for a week trip, and we had gotten a good price for the kitchenette room. I had read the reviews and thought it couldnt be that bad, but i was wrong. The hotel smelled so disgusting. People lived there and were always in the hallways hanging around our room. the staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean but nothing special. Elevators are slow. While we were there all of our friends including us had got the flu not sure if it was from the hotel....and in our friends room they had found drug parafinalia in the closet. Finally we changed hotels, The Waikiki Terrace. This hotel was great. same price and it is right on the waikiki strip. I would not recomend the pagoda. I hope if you do stay there you will have a better experience.

3 Thank Kikihawaii