Pagoda Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$169
$442
$305
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$179
$235
$219
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfloating restaurantsam's clubfront deskdon quijoteala moana mallconvenient locationwithin walking distancean older hotelcoffee makershort stayhome away from homehousekeeping staffrosswalmarttoasterrefrigeratoraloha
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

So I would stay here again. But here is what you should know.
Hotel very date. In lobby it says they are under renovations. Probably true since I witnessed them bringing up new matters's to the rooms. But maintenance is an issue. Grounds are full of litter. I watched a staff member clean the parking lot. He sure missed a lot of stuff lol.

Some facts;
One elevator is out if order. Long term guests (I think they live here sinc they say both elevators were out for a week or so and they had to use stairs) (this is a high rise with I think 13 floors). It is a pain waiting on one elevator when all the rooms are sold out. They are packed. Spider webs on light fixtures. With spiders attached. Pool is not heated, about the size of two very large spas. Parking very limited and $10 per night. Our room is strange, it has a sink next to the bed. Trashe scattered in employee only areas. No pride of ownernership. WiFi in lobby $10 per night (I think). I did not try hooking up, just sounded like a problem want to be so I used my phone the entire stay.

Good things.
Close to Walmart and Starbuck an other shopping. The area is hopping at night. Though I think it also gets working girls if you know what I mean (I observed two very nicely dressed laidies negotiating with two men at 6am going to the Starbucks. When I turned around they were all gone. Only one car in the entire street, lol). Water pressure good, water always hot in shower. Priced for room was good about $100 per night. That is about it

Overall I felt safe and had no problems. This is just a place for me to sleep and move on out to other places to enjoy.

Will add a few photos to show you my observations.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days for Pearl Harbor. Pros... I liked the Kitchenette,(no roaches) everything works and the refrigerator was big, not just your average room cooler. and the rooms were spacious. Excellent location for shopping. Walmart within walking distance, and Walgreens and other food eateries. CONS...Run down. Back Breaker Beds, No pictures, and the bathroom floors buckled, almost cave in, they came in to check, so they knew about the floor in the bathroom when asked to move they said they did not have availability. The way to spot the building is look for the building that has mold on the outside, it is the oldest looking building on the street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I recommend this hotel for an average price with a little distance from the ocean. This hotel have good food, nice pool, excellent staff, and a restaurant that is surrounded by a fish pool. It is a nice hotel to talk about with a Hawaiian clothes store across the street.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First of all, while the furniture, facilities, carpet, etc. are tired and worn, the service, housekeeping, a Corazon in particular, was excellent. You cannot beat the location either if you want to be away from the Waikiki tourist trap. Everything else is what you should expect given how much you paid. My only complaint was that they had 2 elevators and one never worked the three days I was there. The other one was working but they decide to work on it one day so at the time there was no elevator service and guests had to walk up and down up to twelve flights of stairs! They are trying to improve as the elevator work they were doing was to upgrade its security features. I would have given them a two-rating, but when I complained to the management I promptly received a response and apology from the manager. The immediate attention paid to my review is impressive and unexpected. I hope they can maintain their improvement as there is potential to this property. I look forward to their continued efforts to upgrade the hotel and would definitely try them again.

Room Tip: may cost more, but they are worth it. IT is affordable enough to begin with anyway.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank effenzee
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Requested a room with one queen bed as it was the wife and I. Upon arrival we have two twin beds and were told it was just a request. Poor staff, everyones a "manager" no one willing to work with you. The only and I mean oly plus was the parking is by far the least in the area @ $10.00 nightly. But to be honest I think next time I'd rather sleep in my car!!

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel at all costs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple