“Not All Bad........”

Ranked #81 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Denver, Colorado
“Not All Bad........”
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I entitled this "Not All Bad", because I found that there was one thing that I liked and that was the closeness to the Airport and my mom's house. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend it for more than a quick nights stay. The price was right, but next time I'll pay more to stay somewhere else. The first room that I was put in was right next to the pool, forget getting any sleep due to people partying until late into the morning right outside my door - what a nightmare. Can't believe that the staff couldn't hear the loudness. I then asked to move to the outside area by the car parking area, that too was heavily noisy due to people coming out from the bar area located downstairs and loud people and honking of cars. Forget getting a good night's sleep here. Do not bring a family, not recommended. I brought my laptop to use and I could not get it to hit the internet during the full time I was there. Their computer in the lobby was down the entire stay there, but to amazement it was working the last day I was there..but, forget that....they have a charge of .25 cents per minute with a minimum charge of $5.00, that is totally ridiculous. What's up with that??? The best experience that I had was the greeting I received from Bryan Chang and his partner at night. There were very friendly, the others, especially the day shift, NO SMILES. Can't believe that the people that greet you and take your money can't be nice and issue some smiles upon your arrival. They don't appear to want to help with anything and I became afraid to even ask for assistance, I didn't want to ruin my whole day. The final straw was when I came back to my room on a Saturday night. I attempted to park and guess what, all the parking was taken and I finally found a spot about 1/4 mile down the darkened road and left it there all night, now that's pretty scarey to think your card is somewhere parked, and you're thinking is it going to be there in one piece the next day. I stopped into the lobby and asked what was going on and the clerk told me that there was a big party in the bar and all parking was taken up by them. Geez, I'm paying for a room there, shouldn't I have a parking space? They should have informed those people that those spaces were for paying guests, not partying guests.

• Liked — Close to the airport
  • Disliked — Constantly noisy and no good wireless service (the real reason I stayed)
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank ColoradoJimmy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Needed a place to stay one night for Pearl Harbor Commemoration. If I had been with wife, I would have left to find another place to stay. The only bright spot was that my rental car was still in the parking lot in the morning so I could leave.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The facility itself
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank tomt48

Travelers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

O'ahu, Hawai'i
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Customer service was the worst I've ever experienced!!! Personally coming from the hospitality field myself, the way the management handled a customer complaint was worse than that of a teenager. The way he handled himself was more then inappropriate. Harassing a Veteran on Veteran's Day is not exactly what I would call "top of the line service." If you are looking to book a hotel reservation I highly recommend that it be elsewhere, where the staff cares more about the customer than the over-pricing. Jeff Kemblin, the manager I spoke with, humiliated me when I was in the presence of an out-ranking Non-Comissioned Officer; I spoke to him on speaker phone.

• Liked — The basic cable, even though it had it's problems too.
  • Disliked — Unprofessional manager, Jeff Kemblin
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank The_BBB
Northern CA
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Needed a hotel room near the airport because of an early flight. After reading reviews for all Honolulu airport hotels, chose this one mainly due to price. We were pleasantly surprised to find a clean, relatively quiet, spartan room with functioning A/C, prompt shuttle service, and friendly staff. The hotel is in the middle of an industrial area. A bit overpriced, since a bit further into Waikiki there are cheaper hotels, but perfect for quick airport access.

• Liked — Proximity to Honolulu airport
  • Disliked — Overpriced
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I paid $110 for one night (for a party of three) at this hotel. Overall, it was a disappointment. The hotel is like a glorified motel, with a pool and cleaner rooms. Though it had two beds in our room, there was not a single chair. it also lacked a bedside table. The bathroom had a shower only, no tub.

Though it is close to the airport and it offers free shuttle service, the shuttle bus runs only every half hour or so. The sound isolation of the hotel rooms is terrible -- you can hear every take off and landing, unless, of course, you are too tired to stay awake.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — close to airport, free shuttle service
  • Disliked — quality of room, no Internet, insufficient furniture
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank CanadianTraveller100
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 18, 2008

We received a AAA rate and it was $122 after all taxes. This hotel is located very close to the airport but it has no restaurants or hotels nearby . The room did not even have a coffee maker or a hair dryer. the bed was clean. The pictures on the website does not at all resemble the place. Really scary place. We did not feel safe.

• Liked — none
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank BROYTRAVEL
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed April 30, 2008

I was stopping over in Honolulu for four days in early December 2007. As it turned out, my visit unintentionally coincided with the timing of the Honolulu Marathon. Therefore, I could not book any of the budget-priced hotels in Waikiki. My choices pretty much came down to something really expensive or... the Pacific Marina Inn. The website makes it look like a decent little property so I figured why not. The stay started out promisingly enough with the complimentary pick-up from the airport (great driver) but went downhill rapidly as we approached the hotel. Looking at the neighborhood, one could be forgiven for thinking that they had been somehow teleported to an industrial park in Oakland, California. The hotel itself is dingy, the pool which looked inviting on the hotel website, looked like something that you wouldn't want to expose your skin to. The room was smallish and barely adequate. A real negative at this hotel is noise from the airport. I have stayed in plenty of airport hotels. They're usually located in such a manner as to avoid as much noise from the runway as possible. Not so with the Pacific Marina Inn. I am an early riser so was in the lobby for complementary coffee before 06:30 in the morning. The thermal pot ran out after I had taken a cup and I informed the desk staff that they were out of coffee. They told me that they only made one pot per morning and that was it! Apart from the coffee incident though, I would have to say the only positive about this hotel is the staff. Everybody I encountered was actually really nice and made you feel welcome. Too bad that they're stuck working in such a horrible, horrible hotel. Thumbs down - adequate for an overnight near the airport and that's about it.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything else
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family