When did I suddenly wake up and find that $100 per night gets you budget accommodation? Well it does in Honolulu. Location, Location, Location I guess is the key to it.
In reception they have photos of the cast of Hawaii 5O thanking them for filming there. The cast didn't stay there but I am guessing the hotel was used for where the plot tracked some low life criminal who was crashing at a cheap hotel. (Photos showed the cast with guns drawn around the hotel) Anyway the Hotel was proud of it's 3 seconds of fame.
So don't stay here if your overweight or have a heart condition because it is a 3 story walk up with no elevator and if you get a room on the top floor which I did then you’ll want to be part pack mule. They don't have a anyone to help you with luggage either or, if they do they certainly didn't volunteer him when I complained. I had 3 bags one heavy so I made 2 trips up and 2 trips down.
The room is very spartan but has a bed and a shower. There is a microwave and an empty fridge. No jug, no tea or coffee and no cutlery and no minibar. I made the joke when checking out that I didn't have anything from the minibar and the guy serving me looked confused. Okay, so my sense of humor might be a bit esoteric.
The hotel is isolated so you'd need to get a cab for a restaurant but they do have a restaurant downstairs next to reception. It's a Chinese Hamburger crossover joint if you can cope with the food culture. Next to the restaurant there is a Bar too. I didn't eat there so I can't vouch for the food.
This place did have a really nice swimming pool and it was well maintained. The internet worked great and was free and easy to log onto with no stupid passwords. It also has a 24 hour shuttle that runs every half hour on the hour. I found it clean and reasonably well managed.
So if you need a one night stop over near the airport at a reasonable price then this place might fit the bill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one Oahu hotel you can count on for convenience and value. This is the Pacific Marina Inn, five minutes from Honolulu International Airport, 15 minutes from downtown Honolulu, and 20 minutes from Waikiki, making it perfect for the business traveler or commuter. With complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service, this hotel is a great option for those looking to spend an evening in Oahu between flights or for an affordable option that offers a location off of the beaten path. The hotel room accommodations include air conditioning, private bath, flat screen TV, and high-speed Wi-Fi connectivity. Guests may enjoy the hotel's swimming pool, a drink at the Canoe Hut Lounge, or complimentary musical entertainment and dancing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Marina Inn Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Pacific Marina Honolulu
- Pacific Marina Inn Honolulu
- Pacific Marina Inn Airport Hawaii/Honolulu